EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: They grow up too fast...
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 09-06-2006 12:47:09 AM
My youngest starts school in the morning and I needed to re-post this. Thanks again Fae, you're one of my favorite dads for writing this, I took a little liberty as Tiffy is a strawberry blonde...

I bequeath to you today one little girl in a crispy dressÂ…with two blue eyes and a happy laugh that ripples all day long and a flash of reddish blond hair that bounces in the sun when she runs. I trust you'll treat her well.
She's slipping out of the backyard of my heart this morning and skipping off down the street to her first day of school. And never again will she be completely mine. Prim and proud she'll wave her young and independent hand this morning and say "Goodbye" and walk with little lady steps to the schoolhouse.
Now she'll learn to stand in lines and wait for her name to be called. She'll learn to tune her ears for the sounds of school bells and deadlines and she'll learn to giggle and gossip & look at the ceiling in a disinterested way when the little boy 'cross the aisle sticks out his tongue at her. And, now she'll learn to be jealous. And now she'll learn how it is to feel hurt inside. And now she'll learn how not to cry.
No longer will she have time to sit on the front porch steps on a summer day & watch an ant scurry across the crack in the sidewalk. Nor will she have time to pop out of bed with the dawn & kiss lilac blooms in the morning dew. No, now she'll worry about those important things like grades & which dress to wear & whose best friend is whose. And the magic of books & learning will replace the magic of her blocks & dolls. And now she'll find new heroes.
For 5 full years now I've been her Santa Claus, pal, playmate, father & friend. Now she'll learn to share her worship with her teacher - which is only right.
But, no longer will I be the smartest, greatest man in the whole world. Today, when that school bell rings for the first time, she'll learn what it means to be a member of the group with all its privileges & its disadvantages, too.
She'll learn in time that proper young ladies do not laugh out loud or kiss dogs or keep frogs in pickle jars in bedrooms or even watch ants scurry across cracks in sidewalks in the summer. Today she'll learn for the first time that all who smile at her are not her friends. And I'll stand on the front porch & watch her start out on the long, lonely journey to becoming a woman.
So, world, I bequeath to you today one little girl in a crispy dress with two blue eyes and a flash of reddish blond hair that bounces in the sunlight when she runs.
I trust you'll treat her well.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Maradon!
posted 09-06-2006 12:55:09 AM
Why is her dress crispy?
Ryuujin
posted 09-06-2006 01:42:24 AM
Deep Fried.
Maradon!
posted 09-06-2006 02:15:58 AM
I mean that's heart warming and all

but crispy is not a way to describe a dress

crispy

and dress

do not comport in today's lexicon

Maradon!
posted 09-06-2006 02:22:29 AM
Your kid is cute but whenever I see any youngin grasping a curtain like that all I can think is *CRACK* followed by the sound of an aluminum curtain rod falling at a high velocity then "WAAAHAHAHA MOOOMIEEEEEEE!!!"
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 09-06-2006 02:30:32 AM
Crisp, as in ironed or starched I'd think is what is meant by that.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-06-2006 02:45:02 AM
crispy describes chicken not clothes
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-06-2006 03:45:18 AM
Kids are ugly.
Steven Steve
posted 09-06-2006 05:43:37 AM
Yes, except for all the ones in your closet lolololo
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 09-06-2006 06:20:39 AM
mmmm crispy childrens clothing. Now thats a quality meal! ;D

*pokes Xyrra cause she can and comforts Kag*

"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: