EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How are gas prices in your area?
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-30-2006 11:42:53 AM
I've noticed that they are dropping big time where I live. Going from over $3.10 just a few weeks ago, all the way down to $2.67 as of today, holy cow.

How much are you paying now?

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-30-2006 11:51:00 AM
About $7/gal for premium here in Paris, slightly less elsewhere.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-30-2006 11:53:32 AM
$2.80, give or take.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Suddar
posted 08-30-2006 12:06:59 PM
They bottomed out here too. They peaked a $3/gal last week and they were down to $2.70/gal yesterday. Who knows what it is today.

Suddar fucked around with this message on 08-30-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-30-2006 12:40:04 PM
They got to $2.99 for awhile there, I thought for sure they'd break $3, but we've been holding at $2.59 for several days now.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-30-2006 12:46:28 PM
I've seen as low as $2.50 here
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-30-2006 01:08:30 PM
$2.55 this AM when I stopped.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-30-2006 01:20:37 PM
I saw it at $2.46
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Goma
Pancake
posted 08-30-2006 01:45:51 PM
$1.127/L (Canadian currency)
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-30-2006 03:55:29 PM
Holding steady around $3.10 a gallon. . .
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 08-30-2006 04:13:08 PM
One of the biggest reasons for the change in gas prices is the 10% switch to Ethenol. I wish i could find that story about it.
Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 08-30-2006 05:04:01 PM
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-30-2006 05:57:53 PM
quote:
Timpofee had this to say about Pirotess:
One of the biggest reasons for the change in gas prices is the 10% switch to Ethenol. I wish i could find that story about it.

They've been using 10% ethenol at all Michigan pumps for years.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-30-2006 06:09:15 PM
I only checked about half a month ago, but they peaked at about 2.97.

What is causing this DOOMSDAY drop in prices?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-30-2006 06:12:13 PM
The end of the summer travel season, price stability of crude, and plentiful reserves. Among other factors.

I saw one report that predicts it'll be back around $2 this winter.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-30-2006 06:52:33 PM
quote:
Bloodsage embraced inferiority and said
The end of the summer travel season, price stability of crude, and plentiful reserves. Among other factors.

I saw one report that predicts it'll be back around $2 this winter.

Or is that just PROPOGANDA from the FASCIST RIGHT?!

Maradon!
posted 08-30-2006 06:55:02 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Timpofee booooze lime pole over bench lick:

So wait, you're claiming gas prices are dropping because they're diluting the gas with ethanol which is more expensive than gas?

Ethanol is a toal dead-end technology. It costs more than gasoline, and they're finding now that it's even worse for the environment. The only reason anybody uses ethanol is because of enviro-weenie lobbyists who are banking on spun emissions figures and frankly don't give a shit WHAT you use as long as it isn't a product of those demonic, heartless capitalists in the oil industry.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 08-30-2006 07:08:16 PM
quote:
How much Goma can a Goma-chuck chuck?
$1.127/L (Canadian currency)

that was our highest!! *insert aghast face here*

Ours in Toronto, right now is sitting pretty at $0.76/L CAD.

The lowest it's been since last May-ish.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Maradon!
posted 08-30-2006 07:13:15 PM
quote:
BeauChaning:
that was our highest!! *insert aghast face here*

Ours in Toronto, right now is sitting pretty at $0.76/L CAD.

The lowest it's been since last May-ish.

So that's

$2.87 CAD per gallon

which is

$2.58 USD per gallon

Which is almost essactly what I'm payin

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 08-30-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 08-30-2006 07:15:02 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
So wait, you're claiming gas prices are dropping because they're diluting the gas with ethanol which is more expensive than gas?

Ethanol is a toal dead-end technology. It costs more than gasoline, and they're finding now that it's even worse for the environment. The only reason anybody uses ethanol is because of enviro-weenie lobbyists who are banking on spun emissions figures and frankly don't give a shit WHAT you use as long as it isn't a product of those demonic, heartless capitalists in the oil industry.

Or could it be that because ethanol and petrol are complements in many cases, so now that it's been discovered that ethanol is not cost-effective and harms the environment, gas prices have decreased?

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Maradon!
posted 08-30-2006 07:17:17 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Stalwart Steve who doth quote:
Or could it be that because ethanol and petrol are complements in many cases, so now that it's been discovered that ethanol is not cost-effective and harms the environment, gas prices have decreased?

Timmy is talking about places where, by law, gasoline must be diluted with 10% ethanol, not places where there are vehicles running entirely on ethanol.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-30-2006 07:26:34 PM
I saw 2.85 while driving around Vegas today. Down from 2.90 a week ago.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-30-2006 07:55:04 PM
$3.62 per gallon here, and rising.
Razor
posted 08-30-2006 08:11:32 PM
Just dropped to 2.999 today, was 3.049 this morning saw 2.859 at a noname place near school but wouldn't take cards at cash price, which was 2.989 card price...
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-30-2006 08:21:44 PM
2.65 in the South River/ Milltown area for the NJ crew
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-30-2006 08:25:16 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Cuba:
I only checked about half a month ago, but they peaked at about 2.97.

What is causing this DOOMSDAY drop in prices?

Cause they're being investigated.

It's down to $2.57 here

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Maradon!
posted 08-30-2006 08:35:26 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Lyinar Ka`Bael who doth quote:
Cause they're being investigated.

ROFL

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-30-2006 09:09:42 PM
Ethanol from corn is not economical at all. OTOH, ethanol from sugar cane is. That's how Brazil gets away with it. Unfortunately, we don't have the climate for growing sugar like that.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 08-30-2006 09:11:20 PM
Or perhaps the prices are lowering because of elections and the inherent subconscious connection between Republicans and bad oil men!?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 08-30-2006 09:39:24 PM
$2.51 here.
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 08-30-2006 10:32:07 PM
2.81$ here yesterday, today as low as 2.79$

I would be happier than a proverbial pig in shit for 2$ right now... sad.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 08-30-2006 11:04:43 PM
Highest I've seen around here was $3.19. Today I saw it for $2.51.
Feed my hungry soul.
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-30-2006 11:28:36 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Optimus Prime:

Ethanol has given us some seven different types of shit for marine engines. We have had carb gum the fuck up from the fiber glass tanks being eaten. Must have gone through a dozen water seps and fuel filters because it is pulling all the shellac off the old tanks.

Worse thing is how it deals with water, which is inevitable in a marine application. Once you get enough water in the tank, the Ethanol will separate out of the fuel and layer...this is really bad.

Alaan
posted 08-30-2006 11:29:06 PM
In IL 10% Ethanol in the gas has nothing to do with enviroment. More the fact we grow a fucking lot of corn in Illinois.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 08-30-2006 at 11:29 PM.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 08-30-2006 11:47:20 PM
2.67 is the lowest I've noticed.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-30-2006 11:51:40 PM
Apparently prices were dropping while I was typing my last post. Saw as low s $2.43 on my way home tonight, mostly $2.49 or so though.
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 08-30-2006 11:54:23 PM
Wow, I thought I was doing good at 2.95 here in Denver, guess I was wrong. :|

Regular peaked 2.97 last week, I was biting my nails to see if it would go over $3 and it never did.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Blackened
posted 08-31-2006 12:36:46 AM
I wouldn't really know. Prices shot up a little as gas companies did a bit of gouging before the tropical storm hit.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-31-2006 05:43:44 AM
Ethanol is about farm subsidies, pure and simple.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: