EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Dual Monitor users
nem-x
posted 08-17-2006 01:38:50 AM
Is there a way to make it so that I can run something in full screen on monitor 1, hit a button, and then have mouse control in monitor 2 without minimizing/windowing the full screen app? i.e. play a game on monitor 1 and web browse on monitor 2

Or make it so that when I mouse to the edge of monitor 1, it doesn't move over to monitor 2 until I hit a key

Burger
BANNED!
posted 08-17-2006 01:52:24 AM
Yes, but it involves dual-computers. You'd need a pair of PC's, and just run them side by side. Very in-elegant solution.
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-17-2006 09:54:49 AM
Some games allow you to run in windowed mode. Maximize that window and then you can generally alt tab and go click on the other screen while the game is still running.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-17-2006 09:57:29 AM
Make sure it's on Dualview. (Or whatever equivalent your graphics card wants to call it.) Like Blindy said, it's possible to play games and move your mouse off the screen and onto another one while keeping the game full-screened.

I've only done it to WoW, though I'd guess a lot of other games can do the same thing.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-17-2006 10:30:53 AM
I've only seen WoW give the option of Windowed, Maximized which allows for what Blindy is talking about.

At a 50% reduction in FPS in the game.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: