EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The upcoming schoolyear thread
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-14-2006 11:48:22 AM
While not a student myself, I nonetheless invite all students to step up and tell us a little about what their plans are for the upcoming school year. I know we have several college froshes. Any graduate students? Anyone going for their doctorate?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-14-2006 11:50:01 AM
Im starting my third year of I-don't-know-what
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-14-2006 11:51:15 AM
Retaking math and speech after a year of not being in community college.

Dropping out leads to boredom.

Steven Steve
posted 08-14-2006 11:56:55 AM
Going to UW to study biology.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Goma
Pancake
posted 08-14-2006 11:58:24 AM
Third year overall, second year of working towards an education degree.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-14-2006 12:20:49 PM
about 4 months into a 4 year degree plan.

School is boring.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-14-2006 12:38:09 PM
I will finish my 4-year degree after this semester

Yay.

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 08-14-2006 12:50:24 PM
Starting my first year in college at University of Florida as a Sophomore with the interest of majoring in Economics or Engineering.
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 08-14-2006 12:56:23 PM
This will be my fourth undergrad year, working toward BAs in Anthropology and Archaeology, but I'll have to attend one additional semester, possibly only part-time, to complete one of the requirements of my anthro major, because of some scheduling difficulties that arose when I transferred. On the upside, this gives me a little extra time to figure out whether I want to start working toward my PhD right away, or what.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Maradon!
posted 08-14-2006 01:05:18 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Azakias who doth quote:
about 4 months into a 4 year degree plan.

School is boring.

Not as boring as being a failure in life.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 08-14-2006 03:00:03 PM
Got my associates in March, starting September Im starting the process to get my bachelors in about 2 years time. Yay.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-14-2006 03:10:45 PM
This should be the last sememster at community college. Will be transfering into UCSD come Spring quarter if all goes well this semester with second semester Chinese.

Not sure what I'm going to do about my majors. I'm still declared as a Physics/Math double but I think I'm going to change (again) to Psychology/(something to fill out biology and chem courses for med school). Found out about this Navy scholorship program for medschool that I think I'm going to apply for after getting my bachelors. Still thinking about that though.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-14-2006 05:22:11 PM
Going to Thomas More College of the Liberal Arts in New Hampshire to study Literature.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-14-2006 05:32:12 PM
Jeeze, everyone is getting old x_x I remember when all these threads used to be about high school

Still trying to get some core college classes knocked out, but my chain of command is being difficult, so it looks like I am probably going to have to wait until after I get out to go through college. 30 year old graduate ack x_x

nem-x
posted 08-14-2006 05:35:42 PM
One more year to get my masters
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-14-2006 06:57:38 PM
quote:
Led had this to say about Cuba:
... 30 year old graduate ack x_x

Is that a problem? Hell you could go Mustang if you wanted then

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-14-2006 07:49:31 PM
I'm going for the Computer Science Honours program for the next three years. I'm already mourning the loss of my free time.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Ares
posted 08-14-2006 08:01:54 PM
Forth year, third year at this school getting my BDes, major illustration. I have one more year left after this. Undecided on taking another year to get my Masters.

Going to be having no life and randomly crashing at people's apartments.

Ares fucked around with this message on 08-14-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-14-2006 11:26:26 PM
I'm probably going to be at university until I'm almost thirty.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-14-2006 11:28:50 PM
Second year... Theatre design and technology major... though I was more or less told that I probably wouldn't finish in 4 years because I didn't start my major classes in my freshman year... but I don't care... Probably pick up a minor so I can stay in full-time, if I have to.

I may go for a Master's and try to get on as an adjunct prof somewhere but I won't know if I want to go for it until after I get my BFA.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-15-2006 12:26:47 AM
14 more courses, and I'm a college graduate. If I gun my way through the basic semesters and take some extra stuff over the winter and summer semesters, I can finish with room to spare next fall.
Gadani
U
posted 08-15-2006 12:33:03 AM
I'm going to be a senior in high school.

I'm taking English 4 Advanced, French 5 AP, College Algebra, AP Government, and A Cappella Choir.

Hooray.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 08-15-2006 01:43:28 AM
Generals done. Looking to start going for an Associates in Applied Science in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-15-2006 04:20:06 AM
Year four out of fuckall knows how much for a B.S. in Computer Science at Cal Poly SLO.

Too busy building fucking satellites to go to school lately.

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 08-15-2006 07:44:29 AM
I'm going to a party school to learn. Nah who am I kidding I'm here to get drunk.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-15-2006 10:37:37 AM
Just wondering...

Is it possible to attend 2 schools at once? I'm going to the Art Institute of Pittsburg, but I have 32 out of 60 credits for an aeronautical engineering associates at Embry-Riddle. I wonder if I can double up.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Burger
BANNED!
posted 08-15-2006 01:16:16 PM
Going into third year of my honours degree in CS with an Artificial Intelligence specialization. Going to be taking some hardcore theory classes, and maybe an ethics, as well as being a VP on the society and a student rep on the council.

Should be a fun year.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-15-2006 01:18:53 PM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Burger all over myself!
Going into third year of my honours degree in CS with an Artificial Intelligence specialization. Going to be taking some hardcore theory classes, and maybe an ethics, as well as being a VP on the society and a student rep on the council.

Should be a fun year.

Are you going to enter a PhD program after you graduate?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 08-16-2006 12:53:59 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Are you going to enter a PhD program after you graduate?

Wasn't planning on it. I was hoping to either get a job or go for an MBA at either Richard Ivey or the University of Michigan. I'd really like to get the MBA though.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 08-16-2006 01:47:29 AM
No school Jobsearch underway.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-16-2006 12:35:55 PM
I just got a job working for an architecture firm. There is so much freaking stuff to learn, my head is going to kersplode.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: