EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Maine's getting all uppity, trying to investigate Verizon
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-07-2006 10:52:27 AM
A lawsuit from the Federal government should put them in line. Seems to have worked for Jersey and Missouri.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-07-2006 11:56:43 AM
I guess terrorists prefer Verizon for their wireless needs?
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-07-2006 12:06:01 PM
Wait a second...

Is... the government threatening to sue itself?

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-07-2006 12:36:10 PM
quote:
Willias said this about your mom:
Wait a second...

Is... the government threatening to sue itself?

No, the Federal Govt is threatening to sue a State Govt.

Just another case of this administration hiding behind the broad term of "National Security" to do whatever the hell they want without question.

Reynar fucked around with this message on 08-07-2006 at 12:39 PM.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Maradon!
posted 08-07-2006 12:40:28 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Reynar who doth quote:
Just another case of this administration hiding behind the broad term of "National Security" to do whatever the hell they want without question.

Your ignorance of this issue is boundless.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-07-2006 01:13:31 PM
quote:
Maradon! impressed everyone with:
Your ignorance of this issue is boundless.

A very helpful post.

-Mayer Rothschild
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-07-2006 01:18:30 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Reynar absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
A very helpful post.

Every government since the beginning has done exactly the same thing. That's why the Supreme Court exists: to settle these matters.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-07-2006 01:31:17 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about pies:
Every government since the beginning has done exactly the same thing. That's why the Supreme Court exists: to settle these matters.

Wouldn't dream of arguing otherwise.

But it certainly doesn't invalidate my statement, since I was saying this is business as usual for them. Maradon just got upset that I took a jab at Bush I think.

-Mayer Rothschild
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 08-07-2006 01:34:01 PM
Oh, such a litigious society we've become. I long for the days when our government just offed the people who became inconvenient.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-07-2006 01:49:37 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Reynar absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Wouldn't dream of arguing otherwise.

But it certainly doesn't invalidate my statement, since I was saying this is business as usual for them. Maradon just got upset that I took a jab at Bush I think.

Except the fact that it's business as usual for every US government since Washington invalidates your childish attempt to imply it's something particularly evil done by the current administration.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Maradon!
posted 08-08-2006 06:37:07 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Reynar booooze lime pole over bench lick:

Why would I get upset at you jabbing at Bush? I fucking hate half the things Bush does.

No, I simply wanted to point out that you were mindlessly regurgitating the bumper-sticker psuedo-logic that is apparently the left's only source of rhetoric.

The commander in chief has the constitutionally granted power to collect and manage intelligence in a time of war. Any obstructions to this power are unconstitutional and for a damn good reason. As Bloodsage pointed out, there is ample precedent for precisely this activity.

Furthermore, the legality NSAs tracking program was never even under question. Do you understand that? Even with all the political clout hanging on the line, NOBODY was able to make the argument that the program was illegal. These lawsuits are nothing but the intersection of gold-digging ambulance chasers and idiotic wannabe social engineers trying to use some absurd technicality with the FISA court to give the administration a black eye.

If you want to bash Bush, stick to domestic spending, waffling on tax cuts, the amero, and his limp dick stance on immigration. You know, shit he's actually fucking up on.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 08-08-2006 at 06:43 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: