EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Ice Cream!
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 08-01-2006 08:16:38 PM
No, I don't have any for you! But as I sit here trying to stave off heat stroke with some chocolate chip mint, a question springs to mind: how do you like to eat your ice cream? With a spoon, like some Victorian matron? Taking huge bites out of it, heedless of the searing pain shooting from every one of your dental nerves? Or biting off the bottom of the cone and sucking out the goodness within, like some Freudian head-case?

Personally, I like to lick around the perimeter, slowly spiraling toward the apex - like a tit!

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-01-2006 08:19:09 PM
Usually with a spoon but I've been known to lick the occasional cone like a tit.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-01-2006 08:19:11 PM
Coldstone makes some nice ice cream. I like to have french vanilla with white chocolate chips.

Cones are good, but if I have a cup, I'll eat them quietly with a spoon.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-01-2006 08:40:50 PM
I miss ice cream.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 08-01-2006 10:43:57 PM
Bowl and spoon if available. If not, waffle cone.

And I think you're the only person other than me who admits to liking mint chocolate chip.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-01-2006 11:13:28 PM
I prefer with a spoon and bowl. As far as Coldstone goes, I go with French Vanilla with Blueberries.
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 08-01-2006 11:17:15 PM
banana with brownie and yellow cake for me
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-02-2006 02:30:25 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan obviously shouldn't have said:
Coldstone makes some nice ice cream. I like to have french vanilla with white chocolate chips.

Cones are good, but if I have a cup, I'll eat them quietly with a spoon.

The apple pie one is nice too.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-02-2006 02:32:14 AM
I eat my icecream cones like the motherfucking blitzkreig.

Headaches are half the fun ^-^

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-02-2006 02:32:18 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Falaanla Marr:
The apple pie one is nice too.

That one is really good. But I have yet to meet a Cold Stone specialty that I didn't like unless it already contains something I don't like (like nuts).

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-02-2006 03:03:12 AM
Cold Stone's french vanilla is vile. You guys are nuts.

Sweet cream is great, though

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-02-2006 03:05:19 AM
One time I went to Cold Stone with a group of my friends and the first one in line got coffee flavored ice cream. Everyone else's ice cream was then flavored like coffee because it was so busy that they didn't have time to clean the prep-slabs.

White Chocolate Knights is not good with coffee flavor.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-02-2006 03:33:20 AM
quote:
Densetsu got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
One time I went to Cold Stone with a group of my friends and the first one in line got coffee flavored ice cream. Everyone else's ice cream was then flavored like coffee because it was so busy that they didn't have time to clean the prep-slabs.

White Chocolate Knights is not good with coffee flavor.

It only takes a quick swipe that takes less than 2 seconds to clean it sufficiently. Those people were lazy and inconsiderate.

(I worked at one for a year)

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-02-2006 06:54:12 AM
I do a mix of both.

I've been staying away from ice cream because its been so hot though.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Maradon!
posted 08-02-2006 08:07:17 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Azakias booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I've been staying away from ice cream because its been so hot though.

What you just said here does not make sense.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-02-2006 09:08:50 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Maradon! stammered:
What you just said here does not make sense.

Sure it does. Once the heat gets to a certain point, you could make yourself pretty damn sick by even having one cone. I tend to avoid dairy products when its too hot.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Maradon!
posted 08-02-2006 09:32:10 AM
quote:
Azakiasing:
Sure it does. Once the heat gets to a certain point, you could make yourself pretty damn sick by even having one cone. I tend to avoid dairy products when its too hot.

I've lived in some pretty goddamn hot places and I've never heard any such thing.

They sell ice cream by the truckload in florida. Especially when it's very hot.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-02-2006 11:26:20 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Maradon! said:
I've lived in some pretty goddamn hot places and I've never heard any such thing.

However if you are working and sweating your nuts off, all that dariy hitting your gut can make you fell pretty danm bad. More so if you have to resume work afterwards.

Maradon!
posted 08-02-2006 11:28:38 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Peter booooze lime pole over bench lick:
However if you are working and sweating your nuts off, all that dariy hitting your gut can make you fell pretty danm bad. More so if you have to resume work afterwards.

That's got to do with strenuous work, though, not heat.

You'll barf up water if you gobble it down after working your nuts off.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 08-02-2006 at 11:29 AM.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-02-2006 11:30:21 AM
quote:
Azakias thought about the meaning of life:

^^^^^

Same here. I can't do a lot of dairy in the summer time. Like in Anchorman when Ron Burgundy is running down the street with the bottle of milk, and then stops, and goes, "MILK WAS A BAD CHOICE!"

Dairy makes me sick when it gets hot.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-02-2006 03:36:35 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Azakias wrote:

Please back this statement up since you are using the generalization of "you."

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-02-2006 03:50:50 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Densetsu!

Seconded. I loves me some ice cream in the summer, and it hasn't made me sick.

Razor
posted 08-02-2006 04:40:29 PM
(ice cream container || bowl) && Spoon
I'll take any flavor, but i am really liking the slow churned stuff on the market now.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-03-2006 04:03:56 PM
quote:
Ninety-nine bottles of Densetsu on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of Densetsu...
When a person is overheating, typically from strenuous work (or sports) in summer heat (like we're getting now), a sudden temperature drop can cause system shock. Dairy is worse, because it stays in the stomach and concentrates the effect. This can result in nausea and/or vomiting. Some individuals are more tolerant or more vulnerable than others.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-03-2006 04:23:52 PM
quote:
`Doc got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Dairy is worse, because it stays in the stomach and concentrates the effect. This can result in nausea and/or vomiting.

This makes no sense, but thank you for playing.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: