EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: An MMO, maybe
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 07-31-2006 02:34:17 PM
So hey. Anyone else heard of Age of Conan? The supposed time of release is next year, first quarter I believe.

It's going to have a 'Mature' rating as opposed to that general shrug of the shoulders that MMOs usually get. Decapitation. A slider for dick and tit size. There are definitely some interesting features.

Best to just take a look at Age of Conan

What are your opinions? Is Funcom reliable or should I expect cocketry of the highest degree. Does anyone else find the Robert E. Howard settings to be even remotely interesting? Please. Speak.

Steven Steve
posted 07-31-2006 02:35:49 PM
It looks like Anarchy Online, and you don't play as Conan. Basically I hate it.

I've also read almost all the Robert E. Howard Conan stories. The world is interesting enough to make a game about, maybe, but the writing is hilariously bad. I wouldn't want to spend all my time leveling up a character in a world where "masters of thieves" get killed on the first page, especially when the mechanics look a lot like Anarchy Online.

Fazum'Zen Fastfist fucked around with this message on 07-31-2006 at 02:38 PM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 07-31-2006 02:39:09 PM
Play as Conan? You cunny. Clearly this is ample opportunity to become a barbarian or reaver and cleave your own path through Cimmeria and Stygia, exploring ancient dark crypts that house tormented beings driven mad by their solitude.

Also, there is a bar fighting PvP that isn't reliant of character level at all.

EDIT:

You didn't like his writing style? Well, the Sword and the Serpent, I believe, was his best and first story. The rest is...eh. Try his Solomon Kane. It's about a Puritan swordfighter. Equally awesome and I don't think the writing is that laughable but, differen' strokes fo diffren' folks.

Ozimander fucked around with this message on 07-31-2006 at 02:41 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 07-31-2006 02:40:53 PM
I think I would much rather become a barbarian in real life than this game.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 07-31-2006 02:41:41 PM
Then stop talking about it and DO IT!
Steven Steve
posted 07-31-2006 02:41:57 PM
I already have.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 07-31-2006 02:42:19 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.
Steven Steve
posted 07-31-2006 02:58:17 PM
No you

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 07-31-2006 03:17:36 PM
Sadly I must use MMOs to pretend to be a barbarian.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 07-31-2006 03:45:30 PM
I am king of back and forth on this one. I had a lot of fun with AO back in the day, but the game itself I am just not sure of. I would prefer to try it before I commit to buying it.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-31-2006 03:48:43 PM
Apparently Ragnar Tornquist is working on this one. I have seen a lot of good from him in regards to single player games, so I'll keep an open mind on this.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: