EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: HL2: Portal trailer
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 07-23-2006 07:19:07 PM
This has been making the rounds, so a lot of people have probably seen it already, but I thought it was too cool not to share.

Video is here.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 07-23-2006 08:15:55 PM
I've seen it before, but its just TOO awesome not to have saved.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-23-2006 08:47:58 PM
Search for "Narbacular Drop".

Or just go here for the original game portal is based off of.

It's ten KINDS of awesome.

Steven Steve
posted 07-23-2006 09:40:56 PM
Wrong, it's based off of the Portal Gun mod for Quake (1996) that did the exact same thing.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 07-23-2006 09:47:35 PM
When I hear Portal Gun I think of the one from Half-Life: Opposing Force that let you either teleport enemies the hell away or teleport yourself to a place in Zen with power-ups.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-23-2006 10:08:01 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist said:
Wrong, it's based off of the Portal Gun mod for Quake (1996) that did the exact same thing.

Most mod makers copy old mods, and hope no one who remembers them are still playing games.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 07-23-2006 10:22:53 PM
Dude, that looked pimp.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Steven Steve
posted 07-23-2006 10:35:32 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Pirotess:
Most mod makers copy old mods, and hope no one who remembers them are still playing games.

Well alright, then it's a copy of the Portal Gun mod for Super Mario Brothers.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-23-2006 11:51:21 PM
Perhaps I shoud have linked the nuclearmonkeysoftware website and said that portal is the game that the NMS guys got pulled in by valve to make into a full game n'stuff.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: