EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I knew that these types of laws existed...
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-20-2006 11:07:25 PM
But I never actually imagined someone having action taken against them for living with each other while not being married.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-20-2006 11:37:51 PM
Kudos to that judge. I know Karnaj and I don't like being told what we can and can't do in each other's company.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 07-21-2006 02:55:07 AM
Much like the sodomy law, I don't really agree with the justification used to strike it down but a shitty law is a shitty law so I can let it go.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 07-21-2006 03:36:19 AM
Good justification, this gives the ACLU a legal precedent in the gay marriage legal battle.

Elvish Crack Piper fucked around with this message on 07-21-2006 at 03:38 AM.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 07-21-2006 07:28:43 AM
The precedent it sets, more than anything, is that the law is capable of changing to fit the times. If you think this opens the door to incest, pedophilia, yadda yadda yadda, you'd be flat wrong.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 07-21-2006 07:36:36 AM
RAARGH UNCONSTITUTIONAL RAARGH.

It's the new race card!

Edit: Not that I agreed with the law, mind you.

El Cuchillo fucked around with this message on 07-21-2006 at 07:37 AM.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-21-2006 08:39:11 AM
quote:
El Cuchillo needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.
(*does not feed El Cuchillo*)
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 07-21-2006 01:09:07 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent El Cuchillo said:

It's the new race card!

Edit: Not that I agreed with the law, mind you.

Are you saying that courts are striking down too many laws due to their constitutionality?

Please tell me you're not really saying that.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: