EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Oh my god, lady, take some valium.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 07-17-2006 02:09:22 PM
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-17-2006 02:20:22 PM
quote:
I'd think that you'd have a hard time proving that, but okay.
Lotta good lines in this thing.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 07-17-2006 02:21:33 PM
quote:
`Doc's fortune cookie read:
Lotta good lines in this thing.

He's a Rapist! Her girlfriend was gangraped by telemarketers!

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 07-17-2006 03:07:28 PM
I was a telemarketer for 2 weeks*, and we were required to give our full, legal name in the intro of our spiel. Like I actually had to say, "Hi, this is Monica K. [Blank] and I'm calling on behalf, bla bla bla..."

That lady is a fucking nutjob, though. That's like something my dad would want to do. She seriously does need some valium if she thinks telemarketers are in any way comparable to rapists.

* - it's not that it was a bad job, I actually got a kick out of the fact that I was bugging the shit out of people, it was just REALLY FUCKING BORING. Like I just had to stare at a computer screen for 4hrs 40minutes (20 minute paid break) Monday-Friday and wait for my headset to connect me to whatever numbers that I guess their machine was dialing. In between calls, there'd be music playing, usually either really bad pop music or 80s music. Every now and then they'd screen my calls to make sure I wasn't screwing around, but if you're really careful you can hear the slight echo in the background when they're doing it.

If I had needed the job at the time, I probably would have lasted longer, but I didn't so quitting wasn't a big deal, heh.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 07-17-2006 04:37:09 PM
I work in a call center, and it does get increadibly boring, except I wait around for people to call in. Im supposed to be technical support and I still get billing complaints shunted off to me.

But we're not supposed to give our full name, just "Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless, my name is Dennis, how can I help you?"

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 07-17-2006 04:55:25 PM
That's tech support, though. I actually had to call people who owned small businesses and sell them on the idea that they wanted somebody else to show up to their door and bug them about life insurance or somesuch.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 07-17-2006 05:23:44 PM
Im supposed to do that anyway. We get knocked on quality if we dont sell at every opportunity.
Maradon!
posted 07-17-2006 05:51:58 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Fizodeth booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Im supposed to do that anyway. We get knocked on quality if we dont sell at every opportunity.

Jesus h. christ do I hate that bullshit.

When I worked at dish I consistantly scored 0's for "creativity" (which is a buzzword for PUSHING things on people) and yet I had some of the highest sales numbers in the center.

People don't buy shit that you're shoving down their throat and if they do they'll just get rid of it a few days later.

LeMiere
posted 07-17-2006 06:24:22 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:

When I worked at dish I consistantly scored 0's for "creativity" (which is a buzzword for PUSHING things on people) and yet I had some of the highest sales numbers in the center.

People don't buy shit that you're shoving down their throat and if they do they'll just get rid of it a few days later.

Rarely do places ever factor 'low return rate' into their salesmen's goals.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 07-17-2006 06:43:50 PM
or "honesty" or "whether or not it works"

too many times do I have people calling in "THE SALES GUY SAID IT WILL WORK" and they dont even have a damn building in their area much less cell service.

"IM SUPPOSED TO GET BROADBAND COVERAGE"

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-17-2006 09:39:33 PM
quote:
Maradon! said:

I was the same when I worked at Freeserve (which FYI isn't free at all). Good God that place was awful, you were basically told to treat existing customers like shit because they were locked in a contract while you grab grab grab new customers.

I will never work at a callcenter again. Call it a learning experience; I learned I'd rather shoot myself in the face than pick up another headset.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 07-17-2006 09:51:30 PM
Id be gone if I had another option, but its not exactly easy for a 20 year old to get another job making 31 grand a year, plus bonuses and benefits.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-18-2006 01:05:58 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:

Same at any retail store. Push the bullshit and squirrel away the good crap.

They even went so far at EBgames/Gamestop to give employees a percentage of the ESA's (Extended service agreements, those things they ask you after you buy any game/system) you sell directly into your paycheck.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 07-18-2006 02:20:16 AM
quote:
Fizodeth had this to say about Tron:
I work in a call center, and it does get increadibly boring, except I wait around for people to call in. Im supposed to be technical support and I still get billing complaints shunted off to me.

But we're not supposed to give our full name, just "Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless, my name is Dennis, how can I help you?"

Speaking of, can you give me a service credit if I bitch about the service?

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 07-18-2006 03:40:00 AM
Has she never heard of the "Do Not Call List?"
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 07-18-2006 03:46:36 PM
quote:
Vernaltemptress had this to say about John Romero:
Has she never heard of the "Do Not Call List?"

Did not you not hear when she had a partial aneurism when he said 'We fully abide by the Do Not Call List'?

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 07-18-2006 04:11:34 PM
No, I all I could hear was her screaming about telemarketers being terrorists and murderers and whatever else she could scream about at the top of her lungs.

And, personally, I thought if the police were really listening, they'd have a lot of evidence to bring her up on charges and not the *BS* she was spouting off.

Vernaltemptress fucked around with this message on 07-18-2006 at 04:12 PM.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 07-18-2006 07:14:21 PM
This has made me laugh uncontrollably because I had a customer somewhat like that last week...

The lady I had was telling me that the fact that her magazines didn't arrive within an hour of her regular time (because the route was late, I called her to let her know...) I was a sick, horrible person, and that they'd better be there soon or she was going to call the cops and my boss.

... my boss was the one who told me to make the call.

But, I applaud this guy for managing not to laugh at the over the phone. And managing not to hang up on her.

I would have done it a loooooooong time ago.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 07-18-2006 07:55:17 PM
I personally would have asked to speak to one of the police listening as soon as she started calling him "murderer", "rapist", and "Terrorist" and lodged a formal complaint about her abusive language and the threats she was making. As Vernal said, she would be the one in a world of trouble if the police really were listening.

{Btw, if they WERE listening, they would have disconnected the call themselves before that much abuse was allowed to be spouted.. definately not let her call the poor guy a "rapist" because "omg her friend was gang-raped after a telemarketing call, therefore it was telemarketers!!"

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...

...and if another friend was run over by a Chevrolet, then all GM/Ford/Toyota/etc employees are murderers because cars kill people...
omg! conspiracy!!

Although I do find it amusing that she said that the police were listening to the call, and then a few moments later she said she would be calling the police on him...

.. but if they were already there listening, why would she need to call them??

{btw, if what she was saying was true, about never being able to get through to 911 on any phone because of telemarketing calls, how was she going to call the police?? Smoke signals??}

It's people like her that I used to laugh at (openly) when I had to attend bullshit calls like that. And then advise them that making a facetious report to the police is a criminal matter and they could be fined up to $50000.

Strangely, most of those folks then discovered it wasnt such a big deal when they get told that.

And the ones that didnt got a free visit to a judge who told them how much of a fuckwit they were... and then gave them a suitably hefty financial reason not to be a fuckwit any more.

In conclusion,
What a fucking bitch.

Cavalier- fucked around with this message on 07-18-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-18-2006 08:26:31 PM
you guys are looking too much into this act

it was funny though

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: