EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I hate going on fleet ops and not getting kill mails
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 07-04-2006 08:08:57 PM
It makes me a very sad Taranis driver indeed I did pick up some shit tech2 gear off a Taranis we popped and sold it to a corp mate for 1mil tho. O rite, we killed a Domi, a Typhoon, 2 Cyclones, a Rupture, a Taranis, and an Incursus. Total losses : The dumbfuck who shot someone in empire, and the other dumbfucks that tried to get back to empire(like 4 intercepters got ganked by a couple HACs with a bubble).

Went well, til we split up to go home lolz.

And why the fuck don't we have an EvE tag?

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
nem-x
posted 07-04-2006 08:09:57 PM
Sean
posted 07-04-2006 08:15:45 PM
Because you don't play Eve

you micromanage a spreadsheet

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

BetaTested
posted 07-04-2006 08:41:12 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Duck Tales:

Sure guy.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-04-2006 09:52:26 PM
quote:
Sean said:

No, no, you're thinking of MoO3. EVE does need player interaction on the level of any other MMORPG once you get out of the noobie systems. You use autopilot in 0.0 and you're as good as dead.

How long did you play for before giving up? 10 minutes? That's as bad as me when I said WoW was cartoony and immature when I only played the beta for 10-15 minutes.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-04-2006 09:53:53 PM
quote:
BetaTested said:
And why the fuck don't we have an EvE tag?

I was wondering that too, since Drysart is a hardcore EVE'er now too.

BetaTested
posted 07-04-2006 09:56:04 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about (_|_):
How long did you play for before giving up? 10 minutes? That's as bad as me when I said WoW was cartoony and immature when I only played the beta for 10-15 minutes.

To be fair I played WoW for about 25 minutes and felt the same way. But my undead rogue looked like a punk rocker, so it was ok. Because undead punk rockers poking people from behind is cool.

nem-x
posted 07-04-2006 10:21:36 PM
0.0 space consisted of gate camping for hours just to get a chance to ctrl+click on an enemy's name in the overview when they warped in and press all my F1-F7 keys
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-04-2006 10:33:02 PM
Gate camping is boring as hell. Why were you doing that? Did you join GoonFleet? Their primary tactics are gatecamps and zerging, which are a) boring and b) cheap. Join another corp.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 07-05-2006 06:23:54 AM
quote:
In a disastrous attempt to be funny and clever, Mortious wrote:
Gate camping is boring as hell. Why were you doing that? Did you join GoonFleet? Their primary tactics are gatecamps and zerging, which are a) boring and b) cheap. Join another corp.

GoonFleet is pretty ingenious tbh. They're taking on D2, the second most powerful alliance in the game, to gain sovereignty of XZH in Outer Ring, and they're winning. With T1 frigates. GoonFleet is one of the best game organizations I've ever been a part of and I'm pretty genuinely impressed by them.

hey
Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 07-05-2006 09:11:00 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Cuba:

This is exactly what GoonFleet wants you to think!

Old Skool Has returned from the Dead
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-05-2006 09:49:34 AM
Conspiracy.

.. and yeah, I have to admit I'm a bit impressed with how they're handling D2. I have to give them credit for being able to organise things like that. Though I think they're winning simply from the sheer numbers they can quickly deploy.

BetaTested
posted 07-05-2006 12:16:04 PM
quote:
Mortious got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Conspiracy.

.. and yeah, I have to admit I'm a bit impressed with how they're handling D2. I have to give them credit for being able to organise things like that. Though I think they're winning simply from the sheer numbers they can quickly deploy.

Ehh, it helps, but the fact that they took down something like 7 dreads and 2 carriers with their fleet is quite amazing.

And by this point alot of goons have to be coming out of frigs and into cruisers and battleships, which has to be helping.

And keeping up with the sheer logistics of Goonfleet is an amazing task in and of itself. I like what their doing, but don't want to take part in it. And hope they move west instead of east.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 07-05-2006 12:32:14 PM
Is there still a map of what system are controlled by what factions?
BetaTested
posted 07-05-2006 12:35:57 PM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about dark elf butts:
Is there still a map of what system are controlled by what factions?

I forgot EC doesn't do auto linkies.

BetaTested fucked around with this message on 07-05-2006 at 12:36 PM.

BetaTested
posted 07-05-2006 12:39:36 PM
Wewt, they are on the far west. I don't give a crap what they're up to then. I'm in Lokta Voltera, on the other side of the galaxy

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 07-05-2006 12:48:56 PM
So are the different regions seperated by chokepoints or something? How are corps able to control such a large area?
BetaTested
posted 07-05-2006 03:12:50 PM
Yes there are chokepoints into other regions. Only a few entrances/exits each.

And also, the OMG HUGLE LOL area that you see in 0.0 is pretty fucking empty. There are only a few stations in each region, tops. Those are what determines if you control the region or not. If you don't have a station, you are VERY limited in resources, because a station is a FREE way to : Refine stuff, build stuff, refit ships. Those are the main things that are absolutly needed in space. If you can't refine, you don't get raw materials to build. If you can't build you run outta shit to fly, and if you can't fit well you've got a ship with no guns or extra armor, ect.

All 3 of those things can be done with Player Owned Structures, but they're : Big, expensive, and take alot of resources to keep running if you're using one big enough to do more than sit there and look pretty.

A large tower, which would be needed to do all the spiffy things a station can do, costs about 300million, which is 3-5 battleships depending on your local prices and your favorite battleship. Not to mention, it can only be carried out in an industrial ship, which is a defenseless turd, unless you have a carrier, and even then, you have to get it to a .4 system first at least. So it's really a logistical nightmare to operate without a station. Not to mention they're really nice places to log off, and store all your personal shit.

Mod
Pancake
posted 07-05-2006 03:21:41 PM
We're allied with ERA / OSS and by extension probably friendly with -LV- guy, no need to worry.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 07-06-2006 12:31:32 AM
Pi squad > all
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-06-2006 12:38:49 AM
I've been headhunted to join the Interstellar Starbase Syndicate in 0.0, but I don't know if I should accept the offer or not.

The system I'd be deployed to for mining is filled to bursting point with those red and green crystal-type asteroids, I forget what they're called, Bistok and Menananana-somethingorother, so I'd stand to make billions.

But.. 0.0.. I'm a coward.

Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 07-06-2006 12:42:48 AM
quote:
From the book of Mortious, chapter 3, verse 16:
I've been headhunted to join the Interstellar Starbase Syndicate in 0.0, but I don't know if I should accept the offer or not.

The system I'd be deployed to for mining is filled to bursting point with those red and green crystal-type asteroids, I forget what they're called, Bistok and Menananana-somethingorother, so I'd stand to make billions.

But.. 0.0.. I'm a coward.

0.0 space isn't all that bad, if they have a good channel setup, you could be mining a belt away and if someone warps on you, you call in the defense squad (rats or pvpers) and warp out asap.

BetaTested
posted 07-06-2006 01:14:31 AM
I feel safer in 0.0 than I do in empire. But then again we have like 4 empire wars going on, but hey!

In our little nitch of of 0.0 I've only thrice seen enemies in our section of space that I wasn't expecting. And only once have I actually SEEN them, outside of on the local channel. And that one time, they blew up my Raven Damned BlasterThron, made me make one, lol.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-06-2006 02:26:53 AM
quote:
Ninok said:
0.0 space isn't all that bad, if they have a good channel setup, you could be mining a belt away and if someone warps on you, you call in the defense squad (rats or pvpers) and warp out asap.

ISS are the largest non-pvp alliance in 0.0 space, they're completely neutral and maintain a navy for defense only. They're only interesting in building and running player-built outposts in 0.0 space and are widely regarded as friendly towards everyone who isn't a pirate, so attacking them is frowned upon by almost everyone.

The sector I'd be in is apparently guarded by 3 alliances. Still, I'm a big wussy carebear. I'll give it some thought.

BetaTested
posted 07-06-2006 09:07:43 AM
quote:
So quoth Mortious:
ISS are the largest non-pvp alliance in 0.0 space, they're completely neutral and maintain a navy for defense only. They're only interesting in building and running player-built outposts in 0.0 space and are widely regarded as friendly towards everyone who isn't a pirate, so attacking them is frowned upon by almost everyone.

The sector I'd be in is apparently guarded by 3 alliances. Still, I'm a big wussy carebear. I'll give it some thought.

The game gets a WHOLE lot more fun when you start to PVP and can replace the losses instantly. Trust. And besides, there's sooooooo much money to be made in 0.0. I can make well over 20mil an hour while semi afk.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 07-06-2006 11:32:11 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mortious said:
The sector I'd be in is apparently guarded by 3 alliances. Still, I'm a big wussy carebear.

I feel like restarting my account just to kill you.

A lot.

Buckethead~

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-06-2006 12:54:17 PM
Tori gives tough love.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 07-06-2006 12:55:45 PM
0.0?

Damn, you sunk my battleship!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-06-2006 12:58:56 PM

*slap*

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 07-06-2006 01:03:45 PM
<rubs cheek> Ouch...

I know it was a bad joke but you couldn't even give me a light titter?

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-06-2006 01:16:24 PM
Teeheehee!

Better?

Led
*kaboom*
posted 07-06-2006 01:19:29 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Tori gives tough love.

*Spank*

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 07-06-2006 01:19:49 PM
<pats Mort on the bucket> Yes, thank you.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: