EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Happy Independence Day
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-04-2006 01:27:14 AM
Today is the 4th of July, so go out and celebrate it.

Even if it's not going to a party or anything, hang your flag up today or whatever you feel would be a good way to express your nationalism.

I know a lot of people think the government of this country is in shambles and it's run by idiots and even if it's true, today's not the day to babble and rant about it. If you live in the good ol' United States of America, you live in a pretty awesome country imo, so be thankful and show it in your own way today.

I do love this place and I wouldn't wanna live anywhere else. Nothing would change my mind to think otherwise.

Sean
posted 07-04-2006 01:38:22 AM
I'm gonna go see Superman, then cook some steaks and blow shit up with fireworks.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Blackened
posted 07-04-2006 01:39:05 AM
quote:
Sean.
I'm gonna go see Superman, then cook some steaks and blow shit up with fireworks.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Sean
posted 07-04-2006 01:40:34 AM
By 'cook some steaks' he means 'fuck around with fireworks and watch Sean do all the work.'

Suddar
posted 07-04-2006 01:46:24 AM
I'm gonna go down to the beach. Probably play some DDR. Watch fireworks over the ocean. It's gonna be awesome, I'm pretty excited.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-04-2006 01:52:49 AM
Everyone who doesn't use in their post will be labelled a TERREURIST!

I'm going to just have fun and be cool...maybe go out to dinner with the family if time allows.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 07-04-2006 at 01:53 AM.

Maradon!
posted 07-04-2006 01:53:14 AM
I'm gonna go swimming and set off some pennsylvania-legal fireworks (ie. the kind that suck)
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-04-2006 02:31:03 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Tron:
I'm gonna go swimming and set off some pennsylvania-legal fireworks (ie. the kind that suck)

I dunno, the ground blooms are pretty fuckin' cool. Especially if you time it so that you throw them WAY up in the air just before they go off.

I haven't seen if they've continued making them though.

I'm gonna make some meatloaf, sit on my porch and play a video game! Woo.

Maradon!
posted 07-04-2006 02:33:03 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Delphi Aegis who doth quote:
I dunno, the ground blooms are pretty fuckin' cool. Especially if you time it so that you throw them WAY up in the air just before they go off.

I haven't seen if they've continued making them though.

I'm gonna make some meatloaf, sit on my porch and play a video game! Woo.

The little ground snake things would be so much cooler if they made one that was like the size of a car tire that made a snake that was eight or ten feet tall.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-04-2006 02:43:29 AM
quote:
Hey Maradon!, I betcha still living in your parent's cellar, downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar, and posting 'Me too!' like some brain-dead AOLer; I should do the world a favor and cap you like old yellah:
The little ground snake things would be so much cooler if they made one that was like the size of a car tire that made a snake that was eight or ten feet tall.

Those black pills that suck? Naw. The're like two and a half inch long, half inch diamater cylinders that have a fuse 7/8ths of the way up one side and when set off on the ground make a rose-like pattern as the gas is forcefully ejected from a tiny nozzle where the fuse is, and it like, changes colours.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 07-04-2006 04:25:25 AM
Nothing celebrates your country like 40's and Code.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 07-04-2006 05:43:03 AM
Steak, Beer, and Johnny Cash.

Fucking american all the way.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-04-2006 08:03:00 AM
Beer until I can't see straight, BBQ until I smell like a forest fire, and I haven't thought of a third thing.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 07-04-2006 10:19:59 AM
Steak, coke (I'm <21), and no fireworks (Kthnx NJ). For those of you in NJ looking to see fireworks, dont bother going to Red Bank this year because it's packed atleast twice as much as it was last year.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Peter
Pancake
posted 07-04-2006 01:23:08 PM
quote:
Manticore had this to say about dark elf butts:
Steak, coke (I'm <21), and no fireworks (Kthnx NJ). For those of you in NJ looking to see fireworks, dont bother going to Red Bank this year because it's packed atleast twice as much as it was last year.

Point and Brick hold fireworks all along the beachs here, or at like Windward Park. Also you can always go up to Battery park or something to see the big show.

Maradon!
posted 07-04-2006 02:22:44 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Peter who doth quote:
Point and Brick hold fireworks all along the beachs here, or at like Windward Park. Also you can always go up to Battery park or something to see the big show.

Battery Park sounds like something you do to an ipod.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 07-04-2006 02:51:23 PM
I'm going to be doing some DVDs, alchohol, and watching Fireworks from the park accross the street with a few people. Probably will mean cleaning the house first though.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 07-04-2006 04:12:25 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Tron:
Beer until I can't see straight, BBQ until I smell like a forest fire, and I haven't thought of a third thing.

Making sweet nasty monkey love to your wife?

I'll be on a plane. Woo. Wild times. I did my holiday thing yesterday. Got burnt at the beach and watched fireworks in the back yard.

Skaw
posted 07-04-2006 04:26:17 PM
FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM OY

CBTao
Pancake
posted 07-04-2006 04:36:24 PM
worked for 6 hours at 2.5 my rate of pay, gonna hit the lake in a few, then shoot off my legal in SC mortar fireworks
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-04-2006 06:58:30 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee attempted to be funny by writing:
I'm going to be doing some DVDs.

ouch

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 07-04-2006 07:04:28 PM
I think Detroit is having a bunch of fireworks, I might go watch those by the river front.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Ares
posted 07-04-2006 09:27:09 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!! Belated..

Happy July 4th, my brothers down south.

Maradon!
posted 07-04-2006 10:31:01 PM
Is it just my area, or are there a whole, WHOLE lot more fireworks than last year?

I just got back from walking my mom's dogs and my whole neighborhood has been exploding since 9:00, and it's still going.

Keep in mind the kinds of fireworks they're setting off are illegal in this state

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-04-2006 10:32:21 PM
quote:
This one time, at Maradon! camp:
Is it just my area, or are there a whole, WHOLE lot more fireworks than last year?

I just got back from walking my mom's dogs and my whole neighborhood has been exploding since 9:00, and it's still going.

Keep in mind the kinds of fireworks they're setting off are illegal in this state

I was just thinking that and also the fireworks are illegal in IL too. We have Zero Tolerance for Fireworks signs all around the town.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 07-04-2006 11:15:15 PM
We almost just blew up a fucking church.

So we were shooting stuff off, and since it was still raining a little we were on the porch of a church. We started off just goofing off, shooting Roman Candles at each other. Then when we ran out, started shooting bottle rockets all over the place and stuff like that. I have several burns from doing stupid things like shooting em off from my mouth...ow.

One of my friends started breaking the sticks off the bottle rockets, lighting a bunch at once, and throwing them a few feet in front of us.

At this point I should mention all of our stuff was in this guy's ammo box next to us. Inside said ammo box was a large jar of gun powder.

So he does that, and one of them does something straight outta the fucking movies and goes up the two stairs to the porch and into the fucking ammo box. Box sparks a bit, then the inside just bursts into flame. We ran like shit with a flaming box containing a jar of gun powder sitting on the front of a church, got a good distance away, and turned to watch.

Out of the entire box, a few sparklers and the gun powder are all that didn't ignite. Jar to the gun powder had the label singed off and was kinda mishapen.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-04-2006 11:25:19 PM
FAO Vallo: You deserve no less than 2nd degree burns for your stupidity. Please arrange this.
Maradon!
posted 07-04-2006 11:38:49 PM
That's the sort of shit that puts a bug up the soccer mom's collective asses and gets fireworks banned.
Suddar
posted 07-04-2006 11:44:46 PM
Fireworks in Maine are really dumb. They were about 20 feet off the ground. Not even worth it.

And somebody got stabbed.

Alaan
posted 07-05-2006 12:48:47 AM
I'm getting paid for ~21 hours of work and still managed to get 8 hours of sleep in.
Maradon!
posted 07-05-2006 01:04:14 AM
quote:
x--SuddarO-('-'Q) :
And somebody got stabbed.

With a firework?

Sean
posted 07-05-2006 01:22:04 AM
quote:
Maradon! spewed forth this undeniable truth:
With a firework?

I may or may not have blown off Black's penis with an concoction of bottle rockets and spinners.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 07-05-2006 01:24:24 AM
Tons of amazing Thai food, and watched my roommate blow up about $300 in fireworks
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-05-2006 01:25:34 AM
quote:
Sean impressed everyone with:
I may or may not have blown off Black's penis with an concoction of bottle rockets and spinners.

ridin spinnaz

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-05-2006 10:16:30 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough said:
ridin spinnaz

Beat me to it.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 07-05-2006 10:53:03 AM
Fireworks are only legal in certain parts of my state. Went out to Piedmont (re: BFE) with my roommate to her friend's dad's lake house, and watched their guys get drunk and start playing with probably $400+ worth of fireworks (I know one of them said she spent about $200, but there were like 3 other people that bought a shitload of stuff too, so I don't even know.) Some of the shit they bought was from out of state, even. It was pretty hardcore.

Between them, and 3 of the neighbors across the lake, it was a pretty good show.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 07-05-2006 03:42:38 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about pies:
FAO Vallo: You deserve no less than 2nd degree burns for your stupidity. Please arrange this.

I have em. On my lips and right index finger.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 07-05-2006 03:48:19 PM
I sat on the roof of my theater and watched 10 different fireworks shows in between movies.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: