EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Check out my sweet ride
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-22-2006 06:34:13 PM
Totally pimped out man, the duct tape around the signal lights really makes it shine I think.

Also: Don't ever let your brake pads get this bad.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Skaw
posted 06-22-2006 08:33:50 PM
That's a brake pad? Looks like 1/4 of a ceramic bowl.
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-22-2006 09:47:07 PM
Well technically it's a disc brake SHOE, with no pad left on it. I was treated to a nice metallic grinding noise every time I hit the brakes until I replaced it.
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Sean
posted 06-23-2006 12:46:33 AM
I don't know shit about cars, but even I know any sort of metallic grinding sound is BAD.

My dad keeps my truck running, I keep his business running.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Suddar
posted 06-23-2006 01:11:31 AM
Kirane would be jealous of that pimpin' automobile.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-23-2006 01:16:34 AM
quote:
El Cuchillo had this to say about (_|_):
Well technically it's a disc brake SHOE, with no pad left on it. I was treated to a nice metallic grinding noise every time I hit the brakes until I replaced it.

Actually disc brakes have pads and rotors. Old style brakes are shoes and drums. And considering you went metal-to-metal on the pads, I'm surprised you didn't have to pop for new rotors as well. If not, you're lucky you didn't warp or hot-spot your rotors. Or maybe the mechanic just had to cut them like 8 or 10 times to resurface them.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-23-2006 07:46:24 AM
quote:
Callalron enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Actually disc brakes have pads and rotors. Old style brakes are shoes and drums. And considering you went metal-to-metal on the pads, I'm surprised you didn't have to pop for new rotors as well. If not, you're lucky you didn't warp or hot-spot your rotors. Or maybe the mechanic just had to cut them like 8 or 10 times to resurface them.

Actually, everything needed to be replaced like a year ago anyway, so we (meaning me and my brother and his friend) bit the bullet and paid $500 for all new rotors, calipers, and pads/shoes (I thought he said shoes for the front, but maybe not) and spent a few hours replacing everything. Even put in new brake fluid.

So basically I took those brakes to the limit. I woulda replaced them sooner but I'm pretty poor.

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-23-2006 07:57:24 AM
quote:
So quoth El Cuchillo:
... I woulda replaced them sooner but I'm pretty poor.

$500 Could've bought you a new pimping ride that might not have needed the body work you appear to need

---
ANd why did you need new calipers? I have had my brakes over heat twice and not need new ones.

Peter fucked around with this message on 06-23-2006 at 08:00 AM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-23-2006 07:59:40 AM
I have to ask, are you legally allowed to drive a car in that condition in the states/your state?
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Taldir
Pancake
posted 06-23-2006 08:28:30 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I have to ask, are you legally allowed to drive a car in that condition in the states/your state?

I hope not.

That car just needs to be trashed.

Steven Steve
posted 06-23-2006 09:54:45 AM
IT IS IN NO RACING CONDITION!!!!!!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-23-2006 10:41:40 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Tarquinn wrote:

No, it dosn't have a front bumper. I'm sure there are other things that keep it from being road worthy, but that's a pretty quick and easy one.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 06-23-2006 03:18:16 PM
quote:
Tarquinn was listening to Cher while typing:

Each state has different rules and regulations regarding the condition of your vehicle. Some states have annual vehicle inspections that you must pass in order to drive the vehicle legally, some states don't have anything of the sort.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Steven Steve
posted 06-23-2006 03:59:58 PM
That's funny how the red car in the background is also dented up.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: