EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Stanley Cup
Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 06-19-2006 11:09:20 PM
The Carolina Hurricanes won. Hurray!

[edit] For those who didn't watch, it was 3 to 1 against the Oilers.

Anklebiter fucked around with this message on 06-19-2006 at 11:12 PM.

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Chugga
Pancake
posted 06-19-2006 11:59:19 PM
While I would have liked to see the Oilers pull off an amazing 8th seed victory just to aw everyone, I don't really mind the Hurries coming away with it.

They had some amazing goaltending from Ward, and overall just had more goal scorers. Brind'Amour, Weight, Kaberle all played amazing over the playoffs.

It was a big hit that the Oilers lost Rolly in game 1, since Markkanen and Conklin both couldn't provide shit throughout the season. While Markkanen played respectfully throughout the playoffs, Rolly was a huge loss to the team cause he was the one they depended on.

Oh well overall it was a fantastic season to watch, the team who deserved it won, and the teams showed really how much the new NHL has changed.

Can't wait for next season

Go Leafs!

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-20-2006 12:35:00 AM
If the Oilers had brought the team that played Game 6, they would've won. As it was, Carolina came out hard and kept the Oilers on their heels the entire game. Was painful.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-20-2006 01:06:10 AM
Well, normally I don't give two shits about hockey.

But hey, a home state team won the championship. Go canes!

Of course, the local newscasts were cheesy. Weather forecast: "Hurricane warning in Raleigh Wednesday -- a parade for the Hurricanes!!" HURRRRRRRRR

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 06-20-2006 at 01:06 AM.

Chugga
Pancake
posted 06-20-2006 02:37:31 AM
quote:
Alidane had this to say about Duck Tales:
If the Oilers had brought the team that played Game 6, they would've won. As it was, Carolina came out hard and kept the Oilers on their heels the entire game. Was painful.

Problem was Carolina is a dominate team, they've been dominate all season. They looked and played like a bunch of pylons during game 6. Game 7 they brought their A game and actually played like the team we've seen all season, it's not that the Oilers didn't bring the Game 6 team, it's that they couldn't.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 06-20-2006 03:59:59 PM
quote:
Verily, Falaanla Marr doth proclaim:
Well, normally I don't give two shits about hockey.

But hey, a home state team won the championship. Go canes!

Of course, the local newscasts were cheesy. Weather forecast: "Hurricane warning in Raleigh Wednesday -- a parade for the Hurricanes!!" HURRRRRRRRR

I wish I could be there for that parade. fuck..

But anyway.. WOOO! I love them, love them, love them.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-20-2006 04:28:42 PM
Stanley Cup?!

It's fucking June

It's exactly this kind of crap that makes pro sports completely useless these days (except women's beach volleyball): the seasons are so damned long there's no transition and hence no anticipation.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-20-2006 04:36:32 PM
I dunno, the five months of the baseball off-season are pretty long...mainly because my wife is rather big Mets fan.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-20-2006 08:17:57 PM
quote:
Bloodsage posted

Stanley Cup?!

It's fucking June

It's exactly this kind of crap that makes pro sports completely useless these days (except women's beach volleyball): the seasons are so damned long there's no transition and hence no anticipation.

They took a couple days off for the Olympics this year!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: