EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Neriak Third Quarter remade
Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 06-18-2006 11:13:28 PM
I decided to completely remake my Neriak Third Quarter site. It's been about a week, and already there is more content then during the entirety of my old site.

About - Up and running.

Gallery - Up and running, though only the sigpics part atm. I still need to format it and add more images to it.

Library - Up and running, though need to format it more and add more documents.

Blog, Myspace - Externally linked, so should work.

Forums - Up, and looking quite smashing.

Guestbook - Not yet.

Ask Vinven - Not up yet. Later on people can use it to send me emails for help, from relationship issues to roleplaying advice. Sort of like Dear Abbey.

Donate a buck - Only if you feel like it.

Then there are the webcomics and happy fun time links, which should all be correct. Anyways, there it is. Don't like it? Tough titties.

(btw, for those not noticing, the link is in my sig)

Vinven D`Slyfox fucked around with this message on 06-18-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Taldir
Pancake
posted 06-18-2006 11:18:34 PM
Been a damn long time since I've seen a geoshities website.
Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 06-18-2006 11:20:30 PM
OMFHGDGDSGJS funny

yeah anyways, I have to deal with them until I feel like buying my own domain.

Vinven D`Slyfox fucked around with this message on 06-18-2006 at 11:21 PM.

Sean
posted 06-18-2006 11:27:12 PM
Unavailable.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-18-2006 11:27:36 PM
I was so looking forward to it, too.

Edit: Especially getting relationship advice from a GUY THAT THINKS HE'S A MEMBER OF A FICTIONAL RACE

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 06-18-2006 at 11:30 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-18-2006 11:32:31 PM
Looking good there, pal

I didn't feel like breaking the tables

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 06-19-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-18-2006 11:34:26 PM
pretty shoddy craftsmanship, kind of
Sean
posted 06-18-2006 11:38:19 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Optimus Prime:
http://stuff.kegwen.com/thirdquarter.jpg

Looking good there, pal

I didn't feel like breaking the tables

code:
<META NAME="generator" CONTENT="CoffeeCup VisualSite Designer - www.coffeecup.com">

<!--
The following Html Code was generated by CoffeeCup VisualSite Designer.
Copyright 2003, Via-net ApS
http://www.via-net.dk
//-->

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-19-2006 12:22:46 AM
quote:
Sean Model 2000 was programmed to say:
code:
<META NAME="generator" CONTENT="CoffeeCup VisualSite Designer - www.coffeecup.com">

<!--
//-->

Is that some especially shitty website design tool or is anything other than notepad considered a joke?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Sean
posted 06-19-2006 12:28:52 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
code:

<!--
//-->

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that some especially shitty website design tool or is anything other than notepad considered a joke?[/QB]

It's especially shitty and I wouldn't touch anything but Notepad or Dreamweaver unless I wanted some serious mock action going on.

Mod
Pancake
posted 06-19-2006 03:02:18 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Sean!
code:

<!--
//-->

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that some especially shitty website design tool or is anything other than notepad considered a joke?[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's especially shitty and I wouldn't touch anything but Notepad or Dreamweaver unless I wanted some serious mock action going on.[/QB]

Why? Dreamweaver is pretty expensive and vanilla notepad would be a chore to work with on anything bigger than a ten minute job.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-19-2006 03:19:12 AM
quote:
Mod posted:
Why? Dreamweaver is pretty expensive and vanilla notepad would be a chore to work with on anything bigger than a ten minute job.[/QB]

While notepad is admittedly a very basic text editor, the idea that websites should be hard to do with a simple text editor is rather 1997. If your markup is hard to read or reason through with a simple editor, it's probably too complicated.

p.s. why did you even post this vinven? It sucks. There's really no way that you can think it doesn't. Please either become competent or stop trying.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-19-2006 09:20:23 AM
I'm on Vinven's ignore list.

For no reason.

Yay!

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-19-2006 11:09:55 AM
quote:
Mortious Model 2000 was programmed to say:

For no reason.

Yay!

No, I think it was for that time you exposed him for being a corrupt GM here in SWG.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 06-19-2006 11:18:57 AM
quote:
This one time, at band camp, Mortious said:

For no reason.

Yay!

Me too.

Steven Steve
posted 06-19-2006 11:21:36 AM
I'm not.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-19-2006 12:10:37 PM
We should put Vinven on trial, since this was obviously an attempt to troll and burn the Hebrews.
Steven Steve
posted 06-19-2006 12:40:41 PM
and Mormons
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Blackened
posted 06-19-2006 12:46:19 PM
This is horrible and you are horrible. "Ask Vinven"? What kind of egomaniac idiot are you?

In short, I hope this site dies a horrible geocities death every day at roughly 12:32 AM.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Steven Steve
posted 06-19-2006 01:19:30 PM
You should make a tribute site to THE MASTER instead.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-19-2006 01:33:01 PM
He ignored me hahahaha. Useless.
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-19-2006 02:20:36 PM
Geocities was cool in 1997 when it provided you with free POP3 mail, before it got absorbed into Yahoo.

quote:
Ask Vinven - Not up yet. Later on people can use it to send me emails for help, from relationship issues to roleplaying advice. Sort of like Dear Abbey.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Steven Steve
posted 06-19-2006 02:51:18 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about John Romero:
I was so looking forward to it, too.

Edit: Especially getting relationship advice from a GUY THAT THINKS HE'S A MEMBER OF A FICTIONAL RACE

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 06-19-2006 03:31:32 PM
I don't think words can describe just how terrible that entire website is.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 06-19-2006 04:54:35 PM
For all the naysayers and ignorees, it was tested in Firefox and IE by several people. In closing, go fuck yourself with a silver spoon.

Image removed.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 06-19-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-19-2006 04:58:53 PM
It's Webtastic!!!
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-19-2006 05:13:50 PM
quote:
Vinven D`Slyfox had this to say about Tron:
For all the naysayers and ignorees, it was tested in Firefox and IE by several people. In closing, go fuck yourself with a silver spoon.

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!

Inflammatory comment in a non-flame thread! Several have already reported this thread for being too antagonistic.

All images and links are cut out. Once a public apology has been made, they'll be reinstated.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 06-19-2006 at 05:15 PM.

Taldir
Pancake
posted 06-19-2006 06:39:56 PM
He put me on his ignore list! I didn't even comment on how bad his website was.. even though I should have.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-19-2006 06:48:34 PM
quote:
Taldir said:
He put me on his ignore list! I didn't even comment on how bad his website was.. even though I should have.

It's ok, 50% of the people on that list (me included) haven't talked to Vinven in like 6 months and have absolutely no idea why we're on ignore to begin with.

Sean
posted 06-19-2006 06:53:46 PM
While I haven't talked to him in six months, I do have a good idea of why he's ignoring me.

It's probably the same reason anyone else ignores me. Because I don't hide my contempt for them.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-19-2006 07:07:52 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Sean wrote:
While I haven't talked to him in six months, I do have a good idea of why he's ignoring me.

It's probably the same reason anyone else ignores me. Because I don't hide my contempt for them.

But that's what makes me love you Sean!

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-19-2006 07:09:02 PM
It's amazing how many people can't conceive that being less offensive will make them more likeable.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-19-2006 08:53:34 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
It's amazing how many people can't conceive that being less offensive will make them more likeable.

This matters in real life, not on EC.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Steven Steve
posted 06-19-2006 09:53:06 PM
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - Conan

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-19-2006 10:55:35 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan posted

They're trying to be like the cool kids.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-20-2006 10:52:28 PM
quote:
Mortious was listening to Cher while typing:
It's ok, 50% of the people on that list (me included) haven't talked to Vinven in like 6 months and have absolutely no idea why we're on ignore to begin with.

I told you why you were put on his ignore list. edit: oh hay here it is

It got me on there too.

I wonder who ISN'T on Vinven's ignore list. I mean, shit, what the fuck is the point of coming to a message board if all you're going to do is put everyone on ignore.

Willias fucked around with this message on 06-20-2006 at 10:58 PM.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-20-2006 11:04:45 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Cuba:

I wonder who ISN'T on Vinven's ignore list.

Me, but I don't know if I should be quite so proud of that.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Blackened
posted 06-20-2006 11:14:22 PM
quote:
Vallo.
Me, but I don't know if I should be quite so proud of that.
Well, get on it. What are you waiting for?

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Steven Steve
posted 06-21-2006 12:46:25 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Willias said this:
I told you why you were put on his ignore list. edit: oh hay here it is

It got me on there too.

I wonder who ISN'T on Vinven's ignore list. I mean, shit, what the fuck is the point of coming to a message board if all you're going to do is put everyone on ignore.

I'm still not on Vinven's ignore list haha

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-21-2006 12:49:46 AM
That clearly means I'm more awesome than you.

haha. yeah, right.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: