EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: new pokemon diamond and pearl info/screens
«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 06-15-2006 06:23:24 PM
Stolen from gamesarefun.com

quote:

We have some scans of Japanese magazine Coro Coro, which has got some of the latest info on Pokémon Diamond and Pearl for the Nintendo DS.

· Over 90% of the Pokémon in the game will be able to evolve.

· The game will feature a time system like previous installments--there will be Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, and Night.

· You will be able to tell the difference between a male and female of two species by their appearance on the battle screen--some species will have different patterns, sizes, or features depending on gender.

· The Pokédex will now have a new feature allowing you to compare your own height and weight to that of your Pokémon.

· The watch shown is called the Pokétchi and acts as a PokéNav with over 20 features: Time Management, Monitoring of Pokémon in the Breeding Center, Type Chart and many more.

· The new professor who presumably gives you your starting Pokémon and starts you off on your quest will be called Nanakamado and is apparently quite scary.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-15-2006 06:24:23 PM
:|
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-15-2006 06:26:08 PM
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 06-15-2006 10:08:57 PM
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-15-2006 11:02:05 PM
I bought my DS lite primarily for this game. Right now between Leaf Green and Ruby, I hope to have a suitable team for high level play. Just need to make some decisions but well, I have an idea! (P.S let's use this thread to discuss awesome teams, like say Kyogre w/ Thunder because with Rainy Day on, Thunder always hits holy crap, or exploding mewtwo!)
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-16-2006 12:03:40 AM
Because using legendary pokemon in duels is fun!

Oh Wai...

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-16-2006 12:38:56 AM
quote:
Naimah got a whole lot of nerve:

Oh Wai...

I'm talking tournament level play where it's very common!

Oh wai....

Suddar
posted 06-16-2006 12:41:08 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Naimah wrote:

Oh Wai...

cry more just because you can't catch a legendary

(p.s. newbie)

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 06-16-2006 02:22:44 AM
Is it just me, or have the professors in each of these games descended from kinda creepy to "Kid-toucher" creepy in the last few iterations?
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-16-2006 02:39:23 AM
quote:
Mooj got a whole lot of nerve:
Is it just me, or have the professors in each of these games descended from kinda creepy to "Kid-toucher" creepy in the last few iterations?

This one likes to sip on gin on his patio and hunt foxes on the weekend.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-16-2006 02:48:10 AM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Robocop:
This one likes to sip mint juleps on his veranda and watch horse races on the weekend.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-16-2006 07:25:45 AM
Pokemon: It's a bit like syphillis in that you catch it, it won't go away, people are embarrassed to admit they have it, and it slowly eats holes in your brain.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-16-2006 11:47:59 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael has funnier quote texts than me:
Pokemon: It's a bit like syphillis in that you catch it, it won't go away, people are embarrassed to admit they have it, and it slowly eats holes in your brain.

It's actually a rather deep game with a lot of strategy but well everyone says 'KIDS GAME hurr'

Don't worry Pokemon, I still love you.

Steven Steve
posted 06-16-2006 01:09:32 PM
Actually the level of strategy involved is adequate for a 10 year old. I just started playing Red again yesterday actually, haha. Look at the Pokemon in that game, man. How terrible.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Suddar
posted 06-16-2006 01:11:53 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Actually the level of strategy involved is adequate for a 10 year old. I just started playing Red again yesterday actually, haha. Look at the Pokemon in that game, man. How terrible.

You're wrong imo. The amount of shit in the new games boggles my mind. Fighting remains as simple as always, but raising the omg best pokemon you can is not easy, at all.

Steven Steve
posted 06-16-2006 01:13:41 PM
Oh ok, I was talking about the original game. I've hated all the new games since the Pokemon started looking like the new Goody Gumdrops mascot.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-16-2006 07:17:08 PM
Don't mess with Glalie

Steven Steve
posted 06-16-2006 07:23:34 PM
It sucks.

Maradon!
posted 06-16-2006 07:37:05 PM
quote:
Moojing:

This one appears to be shouting something from his crotch

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-19-2006 03:13:41 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Don't mess with Glalie

"Und zis ees ze spiked wiffle-ball microbe vhich has infected your child's brrrrrain, und vill proceed to eat holes in hees brain until he thinks progrrrramming like ze 'Zatch Bell' ees high art. Ze microbe is caught by doing unspeakable zings vith your portable gaming system, und you are a 'orrible parent for letting your child play"

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-19-2006 04:41:34 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Liam!
Don't mess with Glalie

Hey, it's Brak.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Steven Steve
posted 06-19-2006 10:19:52 PM
Haha, excellent observation JooJooFlop.

Hayato
Pancake
posted 06-20-2006 12:17:44 AM
I think I'll have to get that one. I haven't purchased a Pokemon game since Silver all those years ago. I miss my team on Red Version...
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-20-2006 08:54:12 PM
Have they hinted at any kind of Wi-Fi features? I'd certainly try it out if they had Around-the-world matches/trading and rankings and the like.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-20-2006 09:38:15 PM
quote:
How.... Rodent King.... uughhhhhh:
Have they hinted at any kind of Wi-Fi features? I'd certainly try it out if they had Around-the-world matches/trading and rankings and the like.

That would rock.

Alaan
posted 06-20-2006 10:53:03 PM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

I'm pretty sure online trading and battle were mentioned strongly, if not completely confirmed.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-21-2006 12:23:48 AM
quote:
Alaan has funnier quote texts than me:
I'm pretty sure online trading and battle were mentioned strongly, if not completely confirmed.

Pretty much confirmed now, however they have mentioned -something else- which could be anything. It's probably wifi beauty contests

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-21-2006 12:51:23 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Alaan wrote:

Hell yes.

I do believe that whenever this game comes out, that I'll get it.

Question though, will it be possible to take Pokemon from the GBA games into this one?

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-21-2006 03:18:36 AM
quote:
Willias has funnier quote texts than me:
Hell yes.

I do believe that whenever this game comes out, that I'll get it.

Question though, will it be possible to take Pokemon from the GBA games into this one?

Through the GBA slot on the DS, yes. I'm bulking up my teams for online play now

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 06-21-2006 06:59:28 AM

Ludicolo!
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-21-2006 10:29:15 AM
quote:
DrPaintThinner spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Ludicolo!

Looks like some sort of Mexican duck-billed platypus bred for child molestation and/or serial murders.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-21-2006 11:37:36 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
Looks like some sort of Mexican duck-billed platypus bred for child molestation and/or serial murders.

That's what the pokedex entry says about it anyways.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-21-2006 01:47:14 PM
Ludicolo is actually an insane tank. With rain dish, Rainy Day, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain going + Left Overs as a held item, he will be pretty much invincible.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-21-2006 08:28:16 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Ludicolo is actually an insane tank. With rain dish, Rainy Day, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain going + Left Overs as a held item, he will be pretty much invincible.

Not to mention he's not actually weak to anything. All the weaknesses one type has are canceled out by the second. Pretty cool imo!

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-21-2006 10:39:28 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough got a whole lot of nerve:
Not to mention he's not actually weak to anything. All the weaknesses one type has are canceled out by the second. Pretty cool imo!

olé olé!

I'm going to post another pokemon that I'm going to use and why!!

Marowak has two abilities, Lightningrod and Rock Head. Lightningrod draws all lightening attacks to Marowak (In 2v2 only, I think. it sucks balls) Rock Head's way cooler: With Rock Head, there's no recoil damage from moves like Double Edge (120 attack 100 accuracy)

He's adamant nature (+ attack, - spc. attack) and Attack and Speed EV trained. Now, the cool thing: He's equipped with a thick club which automatically doubles the attack stat. Also, as a nice bonus, Ground type attacks calculate damage based off of the attack stat, so Bonemerang does a ton of damage.

Marowak is cool.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-21-2006 11:14:59 PM
Gains uses WATER GUN on Liam's Marowak.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-22-2006 12:53:15 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough has funnier quote texts than me:
Gains uses WATER GUN on Liam's Marowak.

he's seriously fast!

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-12-2006 11:31:31 AM
bumping for GAY NEW VILLIANS! a Gay Rival (possible love interest for your frenchy male?!) squirrels and mecha-legendaries! (pearl's looks awesome ok) official screens of wifi play! (woo battling and trading!) and much much more!

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 07-12-2006 02:19:59 PM
That scorpion looking thing is apparently Dark/Poison type, which is unbelievably cool. It's immune to Poison's major weakness, Psychic! And it's normal to Dark's weakness to fighting coooool.

I've begun training pokemon again as Im starting to get excited for this. Going to go out and buy XD or Emerald tomorrow just to fill out more of the Pokedex and get some other pokemon I want.

Too bad only two people on EC seem to play Pokemon, argh.

Alaan
posted 07-12-2006 02:48:23 PM
I'm not hard core but I'll certainly be getting Diamond or Pearl.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: