EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: PETA to hold Human BBQ
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-07-2006 03:13:23 PM
Hate to be the guy who thinks it's the company picnic and asks for a hot dog. *romshit*
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-07-2006 03:33:40 PM
I saw The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover years ago; PETA's got nothing new.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 06-07-2006 03:55:37 PM
quote:
"People are understandably revolted by the idea of eating a human corpse, which is exactly why they should also lose their appetites at the thought of eating an animal corpse—to smell them cooking, you can’t tell the difference," says PETA Campaign Coordinator Mike Brazell.

Do I even want to know why this guy knows what a cooked human smells like?

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Steven Steve
posted 06-07-2006 03:58:57 PM
Actually I'm not that revolted at the thought of eating humans, I'm sure the protein:fat ratio is very good. I wish they'd have something like this around here.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-07-2006 04:14:00 PM
Actually eating humans is very bad for you. It can lead to a number of medical conditions. I am not sure of the whole reason behind it but apparently we are just not made to live off of each other.

The very fact that we can safely eat most animal meat and not human meat just shows that PETA is wrong, as usual.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-07-2006 04:16:55 PM
quote:
Quoth Azizza:
Actually eating humans is very bad for you. It can lead to a number of medical conditions. I am not sure of the whole reason behind it but apparently we are just not made to live off of each other.

The very fact that we can safely eat most animal meat and not human meat just shows that PETA is wrong, as usual.

There's one extremely rare disease (similar to Mad Cow, oddly enough) that one can get from eating human flesh, but I've never heard of anything else. It's supposed to be pretty much like pork, though, so maybe it's more about cooking it well enough than not being able to live off it, eh?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Maradon!
posted 06-07-2006 04:17:09 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Azizza who doth quote:

Well, when you understand that the core belief off of which they operate is that animals have a greater intrinsic value than humans, this sort of thing makes sense.

They're all utter lunatics, but at least they're predictable.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-07-2006 04:48:44 PM
quote:
Maradon! really knows where their towel is...
They're all udder lunatics, but at least they're predictable.
Someone needs to go to that barbecue and order a shoulder steak, then complain when his meal shows up because they aren't serving him actual human.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 06-07-2006 04:57:23 PM
hufu
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Steven Steve
posted 06-07-2006 05:06:01 PM
And, as always, if animals weren't meant to be eaten, why are they made of meat?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-07-2006 05:16:53 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Captain Planet:
There's one extremely rare disease (similar to Mad Cow, oddly enough) that one can get from eating human flesh, but I've never heard of anything else. It's supposed to be pretty much like pork, though, so maybe it's more about cooking it well enough than not being able to live off it, eh?

Those are the prion diseases. The cannibalism related one is called kuru, and it's caused by exposure to the infectious conformation of the human prion protein, which is found in nervous tissue. Cooking won't help much there, either, because that particular protein really likes to form its infectious conformation--even sterilization processes don't destroy it.

It spread through New Guinea because their funeral proceedings involved eating the brains and organs of their dead relatives, and feeding the flesh to the guests.

Which is very cultural, but a really bad idea.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 06-07-2006 06:06:46 PM
God dammit! For a moment there I thought PETA had actually grown testicles!

I WANT HUMAN SPARE RIBS! Not any of this tofu crap.

Steven Steve
posted 06-07-2006 06:28:00 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Pvednes!
Those are the prion diseases. The cannibalism related one is called kuru, and it's caused by exposure to the infectious conformation of the human prion protein, which is found in nervous tissue. Cooking won't help much there, either, because that particular protein really likes to form its infectious conformation--even sterilization processes don't destroy it.

It spread through New Guinea because their funeral proceedings involved eating the brains and organs of their dead relatives, and feeding the flesh to the guests.

Which is very cultural, but a really bad idea.

So basically we're fine if we just eat flanks and so forth?

Big Easy
Pancake
posted 06-07-2006 06:33:46 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Robocop:

And steer clear of the filter parts, i.e., liver, kidneys, etc. It stands to reason that eating the parts that filter out the bad stuff would not be good as an entree.

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-07-2006 06:59:47 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist's tombstone read:

The risk is much lower, but it's still like eating British beef.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-07-2006 07:15:02 PM
See the main thing wrong with this is, if they're serving up the body of a former PETA member, it'll have that funky vegatarian aftertaste to it.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Steven Steve
posted 06-07-2006 07:46:02 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Pvednes wrote:
The risk is much lower, but it's still like eating British beef.

Well I've done that before and I wasn't affected, so might as well!

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 06-07-2006 07:55:20 PM
I like my corpses with A-1.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-07-2006 08:14:30 PM
Interestingly enough, more or less exactly the same thing happens with CJD, vCJD, kuru, GSS, fatal insomnia, scrapie in sheep, mad cow disease in cows, and whateverSE in whatever.

The infectious conformation destabilizes the regular conformation of PrP, and causes it to form the infectious conformation, which does the same thing to the rest of it in a chain reaction. The infectious conformation is insoluble, forms aggregates, and disrupts the membranes of the nerve cells.

Eventually the brain is so full of holes, it's like a sponge, and the unfortunate individual dies horribly, but not before being crippled with dementia over a few months.

You'd be really hard pressed to spot the differences.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-07-2006 08:36:08 PM
I've been meaning to ask you again, Pvednes. Why is meat good? I know it's good and you had a real nice argument about it. I'm fighting with the vegans again.
Peter
Pancake
posted 06-07-2006 09:27:02 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Captain Planet:
... It's supposed to be pretty much like pork,....

From the few fire fighters and EMTs I have known, burning flesh does have the same smell as burning pork.

Peter fucked around with this message on 06-07-2006 at 09:27 PM.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-07-2006 10:12:17 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Robocop:
I've been meaning to ask you again, Pvednes. Why is meat good? I know it's good and you had a real nice argument about it. I'm fighting with the vegans again.

Lean meats are excellent sources of iron, zinc and vitamin B12, and are full of protein, and so are essential components of a healthy balanced diet. Vitamin B12, especially, is only found in animal products. Besides that, it's delicious.

In any case, which argument do you mean? I've got quite a few angles on that one.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-08-2006 12:38:04 AM
If I hadn't just drank five bottles of red wine, I think I'd be more open to it. Anyways, why is it essentially unnatural for us to exclude meat?
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-08-2006 02:24:32 AM
We're omnivorous animals, and structure dictates function. We need both meat and veg to meet our needs, and our bodies are intrinsically structured towards that. You just need to look at our teeth for evidence--canine teeth are designed for rending flesh.

Plus, if you've had the privilege of seeing firsthand, the human digestive tract has a similar omnivorous structure.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 06-08-2006 at 02:56 AM.

Steven Steve
posted 06-08-2006 09:22:24 AM
After this the vegans would bring up animal cruelty and unfairness or something, at which point you have to mention that they would have been eaten anyway.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-08-2006 10:23:57 AM
They wholly ignore the fact that most of these animals were never free range. By the time some critter becomes domesticated and specialized enough to be, say, a dairy cow or a beef cow or the like, they couldn't survive on their own. Ditto hogs you find on a hog farm. It's not like we're going out and capturing wildebeasts for our Sunday steak (though that would be pretty cool). It's no less a matter of selected breeding than what we do with grain, but PETA doesn't get uppity about grain breeding.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 06-08-2006 10:25:48 AM
AMINALS HAVE FEELINGZ
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Steven Steve
posted 06-08-2006 01:32:33 PM
Time for roast beef sandwich part two.

Man, that was good.

Fazum'Zen Fastfist fucked around with this message on 06-08-2006 at 01:49 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: