EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Selling players on Warhammer Online
Talonus
Loner
posted 05-28-2006 12:11:48 PM
I can't think of a better sales pitch for a recent game than this. You don't need to do much more when you can describe your races like this;
quote:
Dark Elves are English posh people what have taken drugs; basically lord Byron. They've got money coming out of their ears, they've then taken a load of opium and decided that they run the god damn world and can have it any way they want.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 05-28-2006 12:19:12 PM
Err....

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Peter
Pancake
posted 05-28-2006 12:23:03 PM
I cracked up at the description of dwarves.

Peter fucked around with this message on 05-28-2006 at 12:23 PM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 05-28-2006 12:41:32 PM
Substitute "Addiction" for "Imagination" in the last bit and it'd still work.
Suddar
posted 05-28-2006 12:44:40 PM
I think this guy has been awake for a bit too long or something.
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 05-28-2006 12:49:44 PM
That's a man who's very excited. I like it because he seems to be on the right track about the character of warhammer which is what has made warhammer such a successful universe.

Orcs being football hooligans is just right

Peter
Pancake
posted 05-28-2006 01:01:29 PM
quote:
Niklas got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
That's a man who's very excited. I like it because he seems to be on the right track about the character of warhammer which is what has made warhammer such a successful universe.

Orcs being football hooligans is just right

....So northen England is populated by short, poor, drunken folk who are proud of their holes in the ground?

Niklas
posted 05-28-2006 01:06:56 PM
quote:
Peter wrote this stupid crap:
....So northen England is populated by short, poor, drunken folk who are proud of their holes in the ground?

Yes.

Well, not so short sometimes.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 05-28-2006 02:39:08 PM
Best sales ptich ever, I've sworn off mmorpgs and even I want to play this
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-28-2006 05:33:01 PM
quote:
Peter said:

I like my hole in the ground.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 05-28-2006 05:43:55 PM
Custard falling from the sky!
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 05-28-2006 06:04:12 PM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Custard falling from the sky!

He cuts off his arm, and ye, he shall bleed mice!

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Maradon!
posted 05-28-2006 09:49:59 PM
That was extremely entertaining.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-28-2006 09:59:27 PM
I'm rather excited for this game. It'll all boil down to the PvP, though.
Maradon!
posted 05-28-2006 10:00:47 PM
I'm interested mostly in how it differs from WoW and other MMO's.

So far you can pretty much take this guy's whole speech and sub out the races and he's accurately describing WoW.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-28-2006 10:04:10 PM
I do enjoy the idea of just plain savage fucking orcs, though. The noble savage idea is fun for awhile, but I think I just want to beat the shit out of things.

It will also depend on the Warrior class. EQ started with a crappy concept (you have an autoattack button), WoW took it a step further, but still failed (you have a few abilities, but unless you're the guild tank, you have one talent path). I want to have as many abilities as the Mages and Necromancers and what not.

There's a cool interview in the same category. The Morale meter looks pretty cool.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 05-28-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-28-2006 11:19:01 PM
quote:
Maradon! said:
I'm interested mostly in how it differs from WoW and other MMO's.

So far you can pretty much take this guy's whole speech and sub out the races and he's accurately describing WoW.

Look at most of the more popular Blizzard titles and they're ripped off of WH and WH40K tabletop games.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 05-29-2006 01:23:49 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mortious wrote:
Look at most of the more popular Blizzard titles and they're ripped off of WH and WH40K tabletop games.

NUH UH! These Warhammer guys are totally ripping Blizzard off.

Maradon!
posted 05-29-2006 01:30:01 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Mortious who doth quote:

I'm very well aware of how Blizzard ripped off the WH40k plot but that's got nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I want to see how they're going to be different from WoW in terms of gameplay.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 05-29-2006 04:27:51 AM
It amuses me that the speaker in the video is Mythic's design manager on the Warhammer Online project.
Niklas
posted 05-29-2006 11:13:19 AM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Cuba:
It amuses me that the speaker in the video is Mythic's design manager on the Warhammer Online project.

Why? It makes total sense since he's in charge of the overall character of the game

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-29-2006 12:16:03 PM
Good speech.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 05-29-2006 01:04:17 PM
quote:
Arrenn Lightblade obviously shouldn't have said:
NUH UH! These Warhammer guys are totally ripping Blizzard off.

Don't say another Goddamn word!

-H

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 05-29-2006 01:13:56 PM
quote:
Hellbender thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

-H

I'll give you a hobby experience!

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-29-2006 01:19:02 PM
quote:
Hellbender had this to say about Cuba:

-H

Don't say another Goddamn word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Vorago fucked around with this message on 05-29-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-29-2006 01:22:10 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Robocop:
Don't say another Goddamn word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Tycho sure has a way with words.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: