EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Jade Empire is coming to the PC
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-11-2006 01:29:22 AM
I am soooo surprised.

Anyway, good news.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-11-2006 01:46:25 AM
o cool maybe it will have something better to keep me interested besides forcing my character to have lesbian sex with Silk Fox
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-11-2006 10:13:31 AM
Heh. Just bought an XBox in part to play that.

Might be more added content, I'll grant, but to be honest the combat system is going to suck if they don't map the control scheme right.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

nem-x
posted 05-11-2006 10:15:10 AM
Jade Empire was pretty crap
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-11-2006 10:20:45 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on nem-x!
Jade Empire was pretty crap

Really? I thought it was pretty good. Lots of funny moments with Kang and so forth. Especially if you do all the sidequests. I mean it was obvious that you were playing something by the same people who did KOTOR. Had the same feel. But eh.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 05-12-2006 01:58:42 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Really? I thought it was pretty good. Lots of funny moments with Kang and so forth. Especially if you do all the sidequests. I mean it was obvious that you were playing something by the same people who did KOTOR. Had the same feel. But eh.

I liked it too. My main complaint was it felt too short.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-12-2006 02:24:33 AM
The combat, which constituted a great part of the game, was waaaaaaaaaay too simple and easy to pull off.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-12-2006 10:09:51 AM
Yeah Jade Empire needed to be longer, or at least it needed a lot more side quests.

As for the combat, I think that if anything, it was too generalized. They gave you way too many options. You could easily, as you progressed in levels, spread your skills out. Even if you picked up secondary forms later on (like the Ravager's axe skills to replace your existing weapon skills) you still mastered several forms without problem.

That having been said, I thought that the multi-form thing was fun. If you got tired of one style, don't worry you can pick up others.

But in general I thought combat was excellent. I liked the story (though I could have used more filler/go-back-to-previous-or-other-locations-not-central-to-the-main-storyline stuff). One would hope that a port to the PC would add new content, but I doubt it.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-12-2006 06:46:14 PM
You could easily win without forms.

Just hit until they block, then either break their block or leap over them.

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 05-13-2006 02:36:41 AM
It had nice environments and interesting characters, but the combat was boring and repetitive. It's also extremely easy to abuse. Using storm dragon, several bosses, including the final boss, never got a chance to hit me.

The world is also tiny. You visit a grand total of one city and two small towns while hearing about other cities you'll never be able to visit. There's lots of areas, but I actually wanted to travel an empire.

Still, it's a decent Action RPG with an okay story.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: