EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Moussaoui asks to withdraw guilty plea,
Maradon!
posted 05-10-2006 09:31:56 PM
Frantically attempts to claim his understanding of the legal system was flawed.

Frankly I see this as proof positive that he was only goading the court into giving him death, and now that he has not gotten it he wants to get off.

Big Easy
Pancake
posted 05-11-2006 01:00:24 AM
Eh, he got shot down. "Oops, maybe the 'I am al Qaeda!' thing was a bad defense..."

Now, he'll go to Colorado for a bit, the French will demand he be extradited to France as a French citizen to serve his sentence there, then he'll probably get released in some trade for hostages or for some other BS reason. And if not, well, he'll just spend the rest of his life in a French prison. (Or that's what was predicted by one of the talking heads (voices?) on BBC World Service a couple days ago...)

The bright side is that according to the law, since he was given life without chance of release, he can't appeal that decision. The death penalty would've brought automatic appeal, but life, well, he's stuck for it (for a bit).

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-11-2006 05:23:40 PM
It just proves the old saying: any man who acts as his own lawyer has a fool for a client.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: