EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Metal Gear Solid Movie Confirmed
Alaan
posted 05-02-2006 08:07:29 PM
Ooooh baby.

This could be terrible, it could be awesome. But I shall be seeing it.

Someone on the SA thread says they heard David Hayter is picking whoever gets to be Snake.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Sean
posted 05-02-2006 09:08:02 PM
I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole unless I see Kojima as director and producer.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 05-02-2006 09:23:15 PM
quote:
The director was reluctant to give specifics

I don't know if they are refering to him as the director of the movie or the game. Stupid ambiguity.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Flea
Pancake
posted 05-03-2006 12:37:37 AM
I'll laugh when it gets as much hype as Doom, and ends up the same way, not even worth renting.
Blackened
posted 05-03-2006 06:43:05 AM
quote:
Flea.
I'll laugh when it gets as much hype as Doom, and ends up the same way, not even worth renting.
I don't know what kind of hype about the Doom movie you were reading, but the majority of what I saw was skepticism.

And the chances of this movie being horrible on the same level that Doom was are slim to none. If the MGS movie ends up sucking, it's not going to be for the same reasons that Doom did.

tl;dr: saying that makes you stupid

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-03-2006 07:38:52 AM
Doom was stupid because they attempted to make logical some of the illogical things you see in the games, and it ended up being a string of game in-jokes and so forth when it should have been something more focused on the story in the game and less on the gameplay.

Same thing with an MGS movie. It COULD rock hardcore, but it would have to remain true to the spirit and story thrust of the series rather than mimicking the gameplay. And to get that spirit right you need the man who wrote all the stories to date.

So by and large, I agree with Sean.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Blackened
posted 05-03-2006 07:53:18 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael.
Same thing with an MGS movie. It COULD rock hardcore, but it would have to remain true to the spirit and story thrust of the series rather than mimicking the gameplay. And to get that spirit right you need the man who wrote all the stories to date.
And who would honestly think that Konami would sell the rights to a MGS movie without guaranteeing that Kojima is going to have massive creative and perhaps directive control?

fukken idiots that's who

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-03-2006 09:27:27 AM
I wonder if they are going to have Kurt Russel play Snake Pliskin again
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-03-2006 10:12:40 AM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about Knight Rider:
And who would honestly think that Konami would sell the rights to a MGS movie without guaranteeing that Kojima is going to have massive creative and perhaps directive control?

fukken idiots that's who

The only video game movie off the top of my head that I can think of that was at all worth it's snuff was Mortal Kombat, and to be blunt the movie created a LOT of storyline depth that just plain wasn't there in the games.

So let's not delude ourselves that people defend their titles to the bitter end here when it comes to movie translations.

The most promising thing I see in the link posted is that Uwe Boll isn't attached to it.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-03-2006 10:14:32 AM
quote:
Delidgamond had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I wonder if they are going to have Kurt Russel play Snake Pliskin again

Interestingly enough, Carpenter and a couple of other guys wanted to do an ongoing "Pliskin Chronicles" comic.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-03-2006 12:13:23 PM
So how will this experience of sitting in the theater and watching be different than the game?

/rimshot

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Sean
posted 05-03-2006 12:15:04 PM
That joke is still hilarious the thirtieth time you say it.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-03-2006 12:16:48 PM
I think so, too!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-03-2006 06:35:33 PM
!
Steven Steve
posted 05-03-2006 08:16:02 PM
Doom was absurd. I could have written it perfectly, assuming everyone in the United States was male and aged 15-30 years old. As for this, well...

"DA BWIGHT WED DOT IN THE CORNER OF THE SCWEEN IS YOU, SNAKE!!" - Mei Ling
"Killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it, unfortunately." - Snake the bleeding heart pansy
"Six bulleeeeets... More than enough to kill anything that moves." - Charlton Heston
"Use the second controller, Snake!" - Roy Campbell
"Blah blah blah war is bad." - Everyone

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Alaan
posted 05-03-2006 09:28:28 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Cuba:
Doom was absurd. I could have written it perfectly, assuming everyone in the United States was male and aged 15-30 years old. As for this, well...

"DA BWIGHT WED DOT IN THE CORNER OF THE SCWEEN IS YOU, SNAKE!!" - Mei Ling
"Killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it, unfortunately." - Snake the bleeding heart pansy
"Six bulleeeeets... More than enough to kill anything that moves." - Charlton Heston
"Use the second controller, Snake!" - Roy Campbell
"Blah blah blah war is bad." - Everyone

"Ther are no continues, Snake." could be a great line just to be thrown in.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: