EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Aieee
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 05-02-2006 10:13:39 AM
I just spent the last three hours being told about a large assortment of situations that are likely to kill me, and what to do if I'm caught in one.

What the hell have I gone and got myself into?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-02-2006 10:15:32 AM
Free beer whenever you want it down at the station house?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 05-02-2006 10:20:06 AM
Hm, we can only hope.

I have my doubts on that, though.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-02-2006 11:18:39 AM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Pvednes squealed:
I just spent the last three hours being told about a large assortment of situations that are likely to kill me, and what to do if I'm caught in one.

It's a good thing; adds incentive to learning self-discipline and attention to detail.

People call it being anal, but when even a minor mistake can kill you, your friends, or innocents. . .is that really a bad thing?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 05-02-2006 11:31:37 AM
quote:
Karnaj's account was hax0red to write:
Free beer whenever you want it down at the station house?

I don't know about other fire departments, but there's no alcohol allowed in any of the ones over here.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 05-02-2006 11:37:05 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Bloodsage stammered:
It's a good thing; adds incentive to learning self-discipline and attention to detail.

People call it being anal, but when even a minor mistake can kill you, your friends, or innocents. . .is that really a bad thing?

The bit that got the dread going is that there were one or two of those situations that were almost certain to kill you even if you do everything right.

Mind you, you're absolutely right.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 05-02-2006 11:38:35 AM
quote:
Mr. John Q. Gainsborough Esq. III had this to say about Captain Planet:
I don't know about other fire departments, but there's no alcohol allowed in any of the ones over here.

Quite so.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-02-2006 11:42:12 AM
quote:
Pvednes put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
Quite so.

I guess that's just a New Jersey thing, or maybe a volunteer FD deal. The I saw rivaled that of any upscale joint--stained wood, polished brass, the full nine.

Nice to see my tax dollars hard at work.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-02-2006 01:25:07 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Pvednes said this:

A bar situation where you can say "I'm a fireman," not be lying, and get instant poontang.

Alaan
posted 05-02-2006 02:01:28 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. John Q. Gainsborough Esq. III wrote:

Probably only about 10 or 15 years ago did that really change. Manhattan had a pop machine with beer in it when my dad was on the Fire Dept.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 05-02-2006 02:48:50 PM
Women LOVE firemen.

'Nuff said.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Genericgirl
Generictitle
posted 05-02-2006 06:29:39 PM
quote:
From the book of Lechium, chapter 3, verse 16:
Women LOVE firemen.

'Nuff said.

Hmmm depends on the fireman. Some guys are good to look at but are jerks. Firemen included. But for the most part yah. Fireman > bagger boy.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 05-02-2006 07:30:39 PM
quote:
Genericgirl's fortune cookie read:
Hmmm depends on the fireman. Some guys are good to look at but are jerks. Firemen included. But for the most part yah. Fireman > bagger boy.

There are lots of guys at my dad's firehall who think they are the greatest things in the world and they just need to flash their badge and things get done. They are usually the ones that go to the Firefighting Combat Challenge and cocky as hell.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: