EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Drysart!!!!
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-01-2006 11:28:09 AM
Hay!

Could you update the WoW server list for the character info? It's a smidge out of date.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-01-2006 11:41:44 AM
Complete server list to preserve the laziness of Drys.

# Aegwynn
# Agamaggan
# Aggramar
# Akama
# Alexstrasza
# Alleria
# Andorhal
# Anetheron
# Archimonde
# Argent Dawn
# Arthas
# Azgalor
# Azjol-Nerub
# Azshara
# Balnazzar
# Black Dragonflight
# Blackhand
# Blackrock
# Bleeding Hollow
# Bloodhoof
# Bloodscalp
# Bonechewer
# Boulderfist
# Bronzebeard
# Burning Blade
# Burning Legion
# Cenarion Circle
# Cenarius
# Cho'gall
# Chromaggus
# Crushridge
# Daggerspine
# Dalaran
# Dalvengyr
# Dark Iron
# Darkspear
# Deathwing
# Dentarg
# Destromath
# Dethecus
# Detheroc
# Doomhammer
# Draenor
# Dragonblight
# Dragonmaw
# Drak'thul
# Draka
# Dunemaul
# Durotan
# Duskwood
# Earthen Ring
# Eitrigg
# Eldre'Thalas
# Elune
# Emerald Dream
# Eonar
# Eredar
# Executus
# Feathermoon
# Firetree
# Frostmane
# Frostmourne
# Frostwolf
# Garithos
# Garona
# Gilneas
# Greymane
# Gorefiend
# Gorgonnash
# Gul'dan
# Gurubashi
# Hakkar
# Haomarush
# Hellscream
# Hyjal
# Icecrown
# Illidan
# Jubei'Thos
# Kargath
# Kalecgos
# Kael'thas
# Kel'Thuzad
# Khadgar
# Khaz Modan
# Khaz'goroth
# Kil'Jaeden
# Kilrogg
# Kirin Tor
# Korgath
# Kul Tiras
# Laughing Skull
# Lightbringer
# Lightning's Blade
# Lightninghoof
# Llane
# Lothar
# Magtheridon
# Maelstrom
# Mal'Ganis
# Malfurion
# Malorne
# Malygos
# Mannoroth
# Medivh
# Moonrunner
# Mug'thol
# Muradin
# Nathrezim
# Ner'zhul
# Norgannon
# Perenolde
# Proudmoore
# Rexxar
# Runetotem
# Sargeras
# Scarlet Crusade
# Scilla
# Sen'jin
# Shadow Council
# Shadow Moon
# Shadowsong
# Shattered Hand
# Silver Hand
# Silvermoon
# Skullcrusher
# Skywall
# Smolderthorn
# Spinebreaker
# Spirestone
# Staghelm
# Steamwheedle Cartel
# Stonemaul
# Stormrage
# Stormreaver
# Stormscale
# Suramar
# Terenas
# Test
# Thorium Brotherhood
# Thrall
# Thunderhorn
# Thunderlord
# Tichondrius
# Turalyon
# Twisting Nether
# Uldum
# Uther
# Ursin
# Vek'nilash
# Warsong
# Whisperwind
# Wildhammer
# Windrunner
# Ysera
# Ysondre
# Zul'jin
# Zuluhed

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-01-2006 11:54:26 AM
More like 157 servers monicle
Aegwynn
Agamaggan
Aggramar
Akama
Alexstrasza
Alleria
Andorhal
Anetheron
Archimonde
Argent Dawn
Arthas
Azgalor
Azjol-Nerub
Azshara
Balnazzar
Black Dragonflight
Blackhand
Blackrock
Bleeding Hollow
Bloodhoof
Bloodscalp
Bonechewer
Boulderfist
Bronzebeard
Burning Blade
Burning Legion
Cenarion Circle
Cenarius
Cho'gall
Chromaggus
Crushridge
Daggerspine
Dalaran
Dalvengyr
Dark Iron
Darkspear
Deathwing
Dentarg
Destromath
Dethecus
Detheroc
Doomhammer
Draenor
Dragonblight
Dragonmaw
Drak'thul
Draka
Dunemaul
Durotan
Duskwood
Earthen Ring
Eitrigg
Eldre'Thalas
Elune
Emerald Dream
Eonar
Eredar
Executus
Feathermoon
Firetree
Frostmane
Frostmourne
Frostwolf
Garithos
Garona
Gilneas
Greymane
Gorefiend
Gorgonnash
Gul'dan
Gurubashi
Hakkar
Haomarush
Hellscream
Hyjal
Icecrown
Illidan
Jubei'Thos
Kargath
Kalecgos
Kael'thas
Kel'Thuzad
Khadgar
Khaz Modan
Khaz'goroth
Kil'Jaeden
Kilrogg
Kirin Tor
Korgath
Kul Tiras
Laughing Skull
Lightbringer
Lightning's Blade
Lightninghoof
Llane
Lothar
Magtheridon
Maelstrom
Mal'Ganis
Malfurion
Malorne
Malygos
Mannoroth
Medivh
Moonrunner
Mug'thol
Muradin
Nathrezim
Ner'zhul
Norgannon
Perenolde
Proudmoore
Rexxar
Runetotem
Sargeras
Scarlet Crusade
Scilla
Sen'jin
Shadow Council
Shadow Moon
Shadowsong
Shattered Hand
Silver Hand
Silvermoon
Skullcrusher
Skywall
Smolderthorn
Spinebreaker
Spirestone
Staghelm
Steamwheedle Cartel
Stonemaul
Stormrage
Stormreaver
Stormscale
Suramar
Terenas
Test
Thorium Brotherhood
Thrall
Thunderhorn
Thunderlord
Tichondrius
Turalyon
Twisting Nether
Uldum
Uther
Ursin
Vek'nilash
Warsong
Whisperwind
Wildhammer
Windrunner
Ysera
Ysondre
Zul'jin
Zuluhed
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-01-2006 12:03:27 PM
ugh
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-01-2006 12:12:39 PM
quote:
If Drysart was a glacier, they'd be a fast one:
ugh

We love you!

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 05-01-2006 12:25:46 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about dark elf butts:
We love you!

to the max!

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Tier
posted 05-01-2006 12:51:39 PM
:%:s/\n/", "/g
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-01-2006 03:25:03 PM
You could probably remove all the SWG ones entirely since no one plays that pile of shit anymore.

Oh, and add EVE ones.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 05-01-2006 08:42:52 PM
The Final Fantasy XI jobs list could also use an update as well, if you don't mind, 3 new jobs were added:

Blue Mage: BLU
Corsair: COR
Puppetmaster: PUP

However, I may be the only one that still plays. And maybe Skaw.

Talonus
Loner
posted 05-01-2006 08:44:35 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Kael said:
The Final Fantasy XI jobs list could also use an update as well, if you don't mind, 3 new jobs were added:

Blue Mage: BLU
Corsair: COR
Puppetmaster: PUP

However, I may be the only one that still plays. And maybe Skaw.

How is the new expansion anyway? The classes seemed like fun ideas. I've been tempted to purchase the expansion, but I don't think I have anywhere near enough time to put in to play.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 05-01-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 05-01-2006 08:50:13 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Robocop:
How is the new expansion anyway? The classes seemed like fun ideas. I've been tempted to purchase the expansion, but I don't think I have anywhere near enough time to put in to play.

Blue Mage is freaking sweet. Corsair is another version of Bard, imo. But still seems pretty cool.

I haven't had a chance to do Assault just yet, but I hear it's fun. The expansion zones are pretty tough, but I am hearing good things.

There happens to be another "Return to Vana'diel" program going on, which is how I got my character back. The program ends on the 31st of this month, if you or anyone was interested.

Skaw
posted 05-01-2006 08:51:30 PM
The expansion is really only geared for 50+. The main story missions are soloable, as they're all just hine-and-seek with NPCs. The Assault Missions make up for how dreadful the Chains of Promathia's missions were set up. Forced level caps = no no in my book, the assault caps are settable, or uncappable. Minimum level of 50.

It's.. interesting. Theres an event called Besiege that happens due to one of three beastmen armies growing in strength. Every successful defense of the focal point city, Al Zhabi, causes Sanction(Al Zhabi's form of the original Signet) to enhance bonuses granted by the story line item Al Zhabi Possesses. These bonuses are EXP, which is free of charge, and one of three that cost Imperial Standing(Al Zhabi's form of Conquest Points.) Refresh, Regeneration, and Food Duration.

Refresh and Regen are only 1 HP/MP a tick, starts off that it only kicks in when the respective stat is under 40%. Food Duration starts out at +50% duration.

Each win against the beastmen armies increases the max percent of Regen and Refresh by 5%. My servers up at <75% right now, 6 wins, 0 losses. Food seems to last over double the duration. EXP bonus seems to be nearing +20%. If you lose, you have to reclaim the story line item from the beastmen army that took it, and the bonuses are reset to thier base value.

All in all, the expansion is a wonderful place to EXP 50+. If you're under, theres no real content aside from the story line missions and the new jobs.

And Kael, Assault can be fun. There are two tier one missions that are a serious pain in the ass to beat, luckily I've gotten one of them down, just one tier one mission remaining before Naja promotes me to Mercenary Rank PFC. And then off to the Tier 2's and higher AP rewards.

Until then, I'm enjoying the EXP bonus from Sanction and the refresh bonus. Soloing as MNK/WHM is incredibly sick. Pulling in just under 3000 EXP/hr. Without Empress Band. Partying is still much better but atleast it's an option, and I can farm Pephedro Hive Chips at the same time, making money off beeswax/silent oils. Now if only Colibri didn't steal food effects, or that exp could be pushing 4000/hr.

As for the jobs. Blue Mage seems to be everyones favorite. It's incredibly powerful, even without the Artifact Armors in the game yet for the 3 new jobs. The reason for this is that the power of thier magic is based off not only Blue Magic skill, but the skill level of the weapon you're using. As well as any Attack+ and Accuracy+ equipment you're wearring.

Corsair is an excellent support job, it even has the ability to give an EXP bonus to the PT, as well as ton of other goodies from thier dice rolls.

Puppetmaster peaks after 40, and slowly falls in power as mobs get harder and harder, while the Automaton's stats raise meagerly. But like I said, the Artifact Armors for these jobs don't exist yet, that might change everything for Puppetmaster.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 05-01-2006 at 09:02 PM.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 05-01-2006 09:02:47 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mortious said:
You could probably remove all the SWG ones entirely since no one plays that pile of shit anymore.

Oh, and add EVE ones.

EvE would be easy too. Only one server, and all you have to have is your name. Since professions are all freeform whatever the fuck you want to do type deals.

And smart EvE players wouldn't put what section of space they hang out in.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Talonus
Loner
posted 05-01-2006 09:07:48 PM
quote:
This one time, at Skaw camp:
All in all, the expansion is a wonderful place to EXP 50+. If you're under, theres no real content aside from the story line missions and the new jobs.

*crosses it off the list* No set party to level up and not a lot of time, so the expansion is pointless for me with it being geared for 50+. Blargh. I really do wish that FFXI wasn't such a grindfest; I loved the story and mission aspects of the game, but the grind made it too annoying to play.

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 05-01-2006 09:08:56 PM
thank you.
The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Skaw
posted 05-01-2006 09:14:33 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Tron:
*crosses it off the list* No set party to level up and not a lot of time, so the expansion is pointless for me with it being geared for 50+. Blargh. I really do wish that FFXI wasn't such a grindfest; I loved the story and mission aspects of the game, but the grind made it too annoying to play.

Well, to be fair, Chains of Promathia had a ton of low level content. Promyvions made for a good EXP spot in the low 20's.

All the 60 and uncapped missions of Chains of Promathia took place out of level capped zones, and were just capped boss fights. So there really wasn't as much high level content.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 05-01-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Talonus
Loner
posted 05-01-2006 09:25:17 PM
quote:
Skaw stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Well, to be fair, Chains of Promathia had a ton of low level content. Promyvions made for a good EXP spot in the low 20's.

All the 60 and uncapped missions of Chains of Promathia took place out of level capped zones, and were just capped boss fights. So there really wasn't as much high level content.

Oh, I know that CoP was more of a lower level expansion pack and now the game is balancing out. It didn't have new classes to play though, so I ignored it. The new classes are what I like about the new expansion.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-01-2006 09:27:20 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about (_|_):

thing is you still need a regular group for most anything :/

Skaw
posted 05-01-2006 09:31:53 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Falaanla Marr wrote:
thing is you still need a regular group for most anything :/

Well, theres also several methods of obtaining EXP solo, including just riding a chocobo to a city. How easy is that. Granted it's 500-1000, but it's still solo, and easy.

Talonus
Loner
posted 05-01-2006 09:40:45 PM
quote:
Skaw stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Well, theres also several methods of obtaining EXP solo, including just riding a chocobo to a city. How easy is that. Granted it's 500-1000, but it's still solo, and easy.

I played a bard. I really don't think I need to explain more than that. I'm hearing the class I would've liked to play, the corsair, isn't any better.

I can really pick em can't I?

Willias
Pancake
posted 05-01-2006 10:07:03 PM
So, is Red Mage/Blue Mage a good class combo?
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-01-2006 10:26:10 PM
Ok I'm dumb. What does blue mage do?
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 05-01-2006 10:28:11 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift was listening to Cher while typing:

Posts ugly pictures.

Willias
Pancake
posted 05-01-2006 10:30:18 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift had this to say about Cuba:

Blue Mage learns/steals magical abilities from monsters. Unlike a Black/White/Red mage which learns spells through experience or spell scrolls.

They're a bit more combat oriented than the other mage types typically.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 05-01-2006 11:36:00 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Willias stammered:
So, is Red Mage/Blue Mage a good class combo?

Flip that around and you have a pretty good melee/enfeebler. Good melee combined with the En- line of spells. Debuffs combined with Blue Magic debuffs.

Dark Knight is a pretty good sub for Blue Mage as well. A little more melee centered then Red Mage.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 05-01-2006 11:52:11 PM
quote:
Talonus's account was hax0red to write:
I played a bard. I really don't think I need to explain more than that. I'm hearing the class I would've liked to play, the corsair, isn't any better.

Galkan opera?

Willias
Pancake
posted 05-01-2006 11:59:11 PM
quote:
This one time, at Kael camp:
Flip that around and you have a pretty good melee/enfeebler. Good melee combined with the En- line of spells. Debuffs combined with Blue Magic debuffs.

Dark Knight is a pretty good sub for Blue Mage as well. A little more melee centered then Red Mage.

Looking around on GameFaqs forums, people are still extremely hard on people who don't min/max eh?

Edit: Anyway, if I played, I'd be a Black Mage/Red Mage. Blow up stuff ftw.

Did FFXI get ANY easier to play solo or duo in? I tend to recall having a pain in the ass experience at about level 10 or so in FFXI, but don't recall ever having too much trouble duoing in DDO, up until the 1 week beta I was in stopped. (Of course, in FFXI my brother and I tried to duo a warrior and a black mage, which didn't work out well. In DDO we did a Cleric/Fighter combo.)

2ndEdit: I always kinda liked FFXI, if it wasn't for the fact that if you tried to do anything past level 10 without having an effective group, you might as well be punching yourself in the nads.

Willias fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Skaw
posted 05-02-2006 12:11:35 AM
Theres no way anyone can possibly min/max Blue Mage yet. Without Artifact/Relic armor in the game, you can't feasibly tell whats the greatest support job for the job yet. As well, there are no 75 Blue Mages, and you build your trait list by having certain combos of spells on your set list.

On the mage aspect of the job, red mage is the leading support job, because of fast cast, as well as Magic Attack Bonus and Magic Defense Bonus(however, they don't stack with Blue Mage spell combo MAB/MDB.)

But yeah, combat aspect, since they're stuck with sword. And just sword. And Sword sucks for melee damage. It's WAR or DRK. They don't even have access to Joyeuse or Ridill, which are the best swords in the game. Well, by best swords, I mean, Joyeuse just marginally doesn't sucks and Ridill is the best DPS weapon in the game.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 05-02-2006 12:15:58 AM
Question: Is it possible now to get anywhere in FFXI with only a couple of people? Or are you still screwed with small groups, and need 5 or so do actually get stuff done?

Also, did they ever remove the retarded server select thing?

Willias fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 12:16 AM.

Skaw
posted 05-02-2006 12:17:08 AM
With the right jobs, I'd say it's possible. But you're going to be really slow advancing through the game.

People don't full group just to kill mobs faster. The experience bonus from a full group paired with the quick kills is the draw.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Skaw
posted 05-02-2006 12:19:59 AM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Captain Planet:

Wait, what..

How'd I miss this.

Bard is the "in" job for support. Black Mage is pretty much dead weight in EXP at the end of the game. Load up 4 melee, a bard, and a white mage and just roam around killing things for 12000 EXP/hr.

Corsair, it blows Red Mage and Bard out of the water for refilling MP. Evoker's Roll at full power is 4 MP/tick. With a summoner in the party, it's 5. Ofcourse, the best part about that is that it also stacks with Refresh and Ballad.

I've also heard rumours of Corsair's putting out decent damage numbers with range attack weaponskills. So you can shoot your little guns, and roll your little dice, and just be a good member of the party.

Thier Two Hour is killer. It refresh abilities, plus a random bonus based off the card chosen. Full TP Refill, Full HP/MP refill, Refresh other jobs Two Hour abilities.. The list goes on. It can bust though and leave you with nothing. But hey, that's what the Corsair job is based on, luck.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 12:26 AM.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 05-02-2006 12:23:29 AM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Pirotess:
Looking around on GameFaqs forums, people are still extremely hard on people who don't min/max eh?

Edit: Anyway, if I played, I'd be a Black Mage/Red Mage. Blow up stuff ftw.

Did FFXI get ANY easier to play solo or duo in? I tend to recall having a pain in the ass experience at about level 10 or so in FFXI, but don't recall ever having too much trouble duoing in DDO, up until the 1 week beta I was in stopped. (Of course, in FFXI my brother and I tried to duo a warrior and a black mage, which didn't work out well. In DDO we did a Cleric/Fighter combo.)

2ndEdit: I always kinda liked FFXI, if it wasn't for the fact that if you tried to do anything past level 10 without having an effective group, you might as well be punching yourself in the nads.

Not as much as before. But you'd still want to use a job combo that makes sense.

And last I heard, this expansion *should* bring in *some* sort of solo/duo content.

And no, grouping is still rather central to the game. However, exp losses after death have been lowered (post 25, iirc).

All and all, it's a great game. Then again, I enjoy the grouping here compared to the "solo to 60 lol" gameplay of WoW.

Zaeron
Pancake
posted 05-02-2006 12:25:59 AM
I'm looking to move away from WoW, raiding schedules are too constrictive for me, I can't really nail exactly the times I'll be available like I used to be able to.

Is FFXI something to give a shot? I've played EQ and ran mostly solo there too, and I'm hearing you guys say solo is possible. Is it a total waste of time to attempt the game without friends starting with me? And if it isn't... will I be able to progress in the game without huge raids that HAVE to take place at set times?

Edit due to post made while writing this - if I go in without the friends to back me up, is it possible to make those friends in game or does that not really work?

Zaeron fucked around with this message on 05-02-2006 at 12:27 AM.

«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 05-02-2006 12:27:55 AM
quote:
Willias impressed everyone with:

Those aren't people.

Those are gamefaqs forum users.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: