EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A Tale Of Reunion And Ducks!
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-25-2006 08:42:26 PM
So, some backstory, about 11 months ago a duck was discovered to have nested in a bush in our backyard which I promptly named Kerrigan in honour of the leader of the zerg herself.

http://forums.evercrest.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=64952

Was where our first tale of grand adventure was chronicled and it was truly a time to be remembered! But Kerrigan swam off with her chirping swarm of fuzzy zerglings in tow and we bid farewell.

So what did we discover in the very same bush again just a few days ago?

Kerrigan has returned! Checked the bush during one of the few times she had left it and what did we find? 13 eggs! Batteries in the camera were dead (Was news to me when I got back out there ready to take a pic...) so no shots of the eggs atm. But there are 13 of them!

Now, of course this could be a different duck... odds are a bit of a long-shot that two ducks would find the same bush so soon after one another and all, but sure.

But this duck is entirely too comfortable around us.

My Dad was mowing the lawn, we first discovered Kerrigan when he mowed near the bush and scared her out 11 long months ago. This time? She left the bush and sat down on the grass in the sun and watched him until he was done mowing then got up and went back into the bush. When we invariably peek into the bush to say Hi she doesn't even stir, no way could a different duck have found this bush AND already be that comfortable with us. Plus I did some reading to find Malards commonly return to the same nest.

So yeah, Kerrigan is back!

Good to see our grand adventure herding her and her zerglings wasn't traumatizing or anything, because she came back!

That is all for now

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-25-2006 10:23:11 PM
Spawn more Overlords!

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 04-25-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-26-2006 01:16:02 AM
This bar up the street from me has the best duck tacos ever.
nem-x
posted 04-26-2006 02:26:02 AM
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 04-26-2006 02:33:31 AM
That's fucking cool. I wish I had a duck in my backyard.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Maradon!
posted 04-26-2006 02:47:59 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq nem-x booooze lime pole over bench lick:

now THERE is someone with too much time on their hands.

Sean
posted 04-26-2006 08:31:41 AM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit didn't get much USO. He was dug in too deep or moving too fast. His idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little rat meat. He had only two ways home: death, or victory.
That's fucking cool. I wish I had a duck in my backyard.

We've had one for over a year now.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-26-2006 09:51:40 AM
The original thread's pictures are gone I was going to regail my coworkers with the fantastic tale of Kerrigan's Zergling rush.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-26-2006 10:05:02 AM
quote:
Khyron thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
The original thread's pictures are gone I was going to regail my coworkers with the fantastic tale of Kerrigan's Zergling rush.

I can AIM or ICQ or MIRC them to you or somesuch if you want to host or use them yourself for that purpose. The original post was hosted on wintersroar not the webspace I normally leech off of so putting them back up won't wholly fix the post sadly

Demos
Pancake
posted 04-27-2006 04:18:26 AM
Once they find a good spot to lay eggs, they return to it every year. Way back in junior high, there was a duck that would choose the courtyard of the junior high every year, and when it was time for them to leave every year they'd have students with poster board create a "path" out.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: