EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Which grill?
Author
Topic: Good morning.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-15-2006 09:09:38 AM
It's Saturday. The forecast high for the dirty Jerz is about 80 degrees. I have decreed that I will purchase a charcoal BBQ and grill today.

Which one should I get?

My favorite is this. I got this for my dad last Father's day, and it's a fucking awesome grill. Everything tastes orgasmically smokey, and it's got a freaking chimney on it! It is, however, LOLHUGE, I don't think I have a place to easily stash it.

Then there's this. It's a classic. It's a good size. But it doesn't have the 800 sq in grilling area of the other one. You know, in case I wanted to grill a seventeen pound steak.

Your vote matters. I'll be leaving to get this within the next couple hours, so hurry up and make your voice heard.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-15-2006 09:13:02 AM
It's too cold here for BBQ.

I blame the pope.

Edit: Go with the big one.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 04-15-2006 at 09:14 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-15-2006 09:13:32 AM
The magic powers say get the big one.
Sean
posted 04-15-2006 09:15:14 AM
The bigger one.

You haven't had steak til you've had one from a wood grill.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Blackened
posted 04-15-2006 09:29:38 AM
The first one is a real man's grill. And a real man would find a place to stash that sucker.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-15-2006 09:31:03 AM
quote:
Sean startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
The bigger one.

You haven't had steak til you've had one from a wood grill.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-15-2006 10:12:54 AM
We have the second one, and I've noticed they are prone to falling over the minute there is a large gust of wind. The first one just looks like it can cook more at a time and if you have good experiences with it, by all means.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-15-2006 10:27:09 AM
The first one is only like 30 bucks more and it's way bigger. Just get it.
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 04-15-2006 10:37:46 AM
The first one is the real grill, get it!
Chugga
Pancake
posted 04-15-2006 11:05:07 AM
If you buy the small one, you're letting the terrorists win.
Peter
Pancake
posted 04-15-2006 06:08:16 PM
I Used to have access to one This Bad boy with the crazy ass 2-1/2" Gas service hook up...Now that I have an upstairs apartment I am left with the unholy alters of an electric stovetop or a George Foreman grill, both terrible ends to good beef

Also since it was nice out today, I spent it under our boat sanding the bottom paint. In the process I turned into the Hulk or the Jolly Green Giant. I was really green, even covered my hair. Washed it and scrubbed like 5 times and I still have some stuck to me, and I smell like an old penny. Only good part was when I stopped to get a new wash-cloth and do some light shopping on the way home. I heard them page Dr. Bruce Banner over the intercom

Peter fucked around with this message on 04-15-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-15-2006 06:39:42 PM
Bigger is best, duh.

You're a faggot hippy liberal for even having to ask.

Of course, you realize, by buying a giant grill, you're one step closer to becoming a god-fearing conservative. You already own a truck, so the next step is owning a flanel shirt.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-15-2006 10:01:29 PM
The bigger one. If only for the avoiding of GREAT AGGRAVATION as the other collapses repeatedly. Or is tipped over. Or gets blown over.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 04-15-2006 10:09:43 PM
We one have just like that, cept ours has the side firebox. Its a pretty awesome grill. The total package.

DrPaintThinner fucked around with this message on 04-15-2006 at 10:11 PM.

roit, less bash 'is noggin
Maradon!
posted 04-15-2006 10:09:53 PM
quote:
x--Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baelO-('-'Q) :
The bigger one. If only for the avoiding of GREAT AGGRAVATION as the other collapses repeatedly. Or is tipped over. Or gets blown over.

Actually the old school tripod grill is extremely reliable.

That said, I also suggest the huge grill because it's more economical and you can cook more stuff in it.

Or smoke things!

Smoked fontina is a thing I can eat until I die twice.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-15-2006 at 10:11 PM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-15-2006 10:16:07 PM
The only thing I smoke is copious amounts of cock.

The fucking cumballs were sold out of the big one, so I got the little one. First meal? Turkey burgers and grilled veggie kabobs. It was so delicious that I came all over myself.

Also, I found out Sam Adams Summer Ale is back, so now I'm going to subsist entirely on that and grilled meat for the next four months.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 04-15-2006 10:56:31 PM
$85 for a dinky charcoal grill? wth
Go to a pawn shop
Maradon!
posted 04-15-2006 11:04:31 PM
quote:
Karnajing:
Also, I found out Sam Adams Summer Ale is back

Isn't that great?

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-15-2006 11:05:17 PM
quote:
Karnaj came out of the closet to say:
It was so delicious that I came all over myself.

Are you sure you're eating them right?

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 04-15-2006 11:13:44 PM
Weber does make a kettle grill with over 1100 square inches of grilling surface. Ranch Kettle
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-16-2006 01:26:50 AM
Always get the larger grill for, if nothing else, ribs.

Turkey is great BBQed as well.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: