EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Nuclear power welcome in the south
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-10-2006 01:07:40 PM
Link

This is one of the few things the Republicans did that I agree with. We, as nation, are thirsty for energy like I am thirsty for cock. Nuclear power is, like it or not, the only energy source that'll get us through next century or two, until we finally get fusion worked out and have cheap, inexhaustible energy that'll be able to match our growth and demands.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 04-11-2006 11:53:17 AM
AWESOME!, about damn time
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 04-11-2006 12:20:49 PM
Charlotte, N.C. is fueled by nuclear power. With that in mind, this doesn't surprise me much.

Anklebiter fucked around with this message on 04-11-2006 at 12:22 PM.

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-11-2006 12:38:14 PM
It really bugs me that people always mention Three Mile Island in the same context as Chernobyl. There was very little radiation released, and zero contamination.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-11-2006 12:48:46 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
It really bugs me that people always mention Three Mile Island in the same context as Chernobyl. There was very little radiation released, and zero contamination.

Yes, but this is one of the most sensible articles I've seen about Nuclear power yet. Even the citizens of these towns understand the positive economic impact this will have on them.

I only hope they can quickly squash those "environmental defense" organizations who will undoubtably opposed them.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 04-11-2006 12:52:20 PM
Well, we are damned to ruin the enviornment anyway, either we can do it cheaply with nuclear power, or we can do it expensively with coal and oil.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-11-2006 12:54:03 PM
quote:
Anakha wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Well, we are damned to ruin the enviornment anyway, either we can do it cheaply with nuclear power, or we can do it expensively with coal and oil.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

How does Nuclear power ruin the environment?

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Anakha
posted 04-11-2006 12:58:09 PM
Nuclear waste.
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-11-2006 01:00:44 PM
quote:
Anakha still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
Nuclear waste.

There's more uranium spewed into the atmosphere by burning coal each year than there is nuclear waste on the entire planet. Nuclear waste also the benefit of being containable.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Anakha
posted 04-11-2006 01:04:13 PM
oh, im well aware how nuclear waste is, i was just brining up the arguement the "enviornmentalists" would bring up.
Maradon!
posted 04-11-2006 01:28:28 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Anakha who doth quote:
oh, im well aware how nuclear waste is, i was just brining up the arguement the "enviornmentalists" would bring up.

The blind and ignorant argument, you mean.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 04-13-2006 01:07:01 AM
There really is no reasonable argument against nuclear energy as far as I can tell.

It's less harmful to the environment than conventional methods.

It's now rather low-risk.

It's simply damned efficient.

The only reason I could see is the lingering fear of nuclear power from its earlier days.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-13-2006 01:45:29 AM
If the laws against reprocessing of fuel and breeder reactors were repealed then there would be absolutly nothing holding nuclear power from being the best source of power without question. I don't have my hopes up though.
Alaan
posted 04-13-2006 01:50:51 AM
Some of the workers at the nuke plants by me are saying quite a few people are recertifying for the first time in years and lots of new people are getting certified. They are thinking that some new reactors are going to be coming in it seems.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-13-2006 02:16:02 AM
I wish we'd get over it and use nuclear power too...Australia could be as to uranium as OPEC is to oil.

We've just started selling it to China of all places, why can't we use it here? It's just so much cleaner than that filthy brown coal.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-16-2006 11:01:51 AM
I'm amused by the fact that all the research for local opinions this guy did was walking into a barber shop and asking anyone who walked in what they thought about it. Real detective work, that.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: