EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Post your character
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-09-2006 05:32:31 PM
I decided to post my character, since I just got the last piece to my Lightforge set an hour ago.

I have the "Mcdonald's hat" hidden, of course.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-09-2006 05:35:24 PM
TSIA, as they used to say.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Aaron (the good one)
posted 04-09-2006 05:54:07 PM
This will be my character once the shit I need drops.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Maradon!
posted 04-09-2006 08:49:57 PM
Holy shit it's been almost two days since we had the last post your character thread I'M SO GLAD YOU MADE A NEW ONE!!
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 04-09-2006 09:05:54 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Duck Tales:
Holy shit it's been almost two days since we had the last post your character thread I'M SO GLAD YOU MADE A NEW ONE!!

You're just mad because your character never gets upgrades!

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Maradon!
posted 04-09-2006 09:13:11 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Densetsu who doth quote:
You're just mad because your character never gets upgrades!

WTF I got the nemesis robe, ring of swarming thought, cloak of consumption and choker of the fire lord just within the past month

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-09-2006 09:29:06 PM
quote:
Blah blah blah Maradon! blah blah blah...
WTF I got the nemesis robe, ring of swarming thought, cloak of consumption and choker of the fire lord just within the past month

but OMG nemesis sux!!!!!11!!!oneroflolz

Just got the head of Nefarian myself.

Maradon!
posted 04-09-2006 09:32:05 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Delphi Aegis who doth quote:
but OMG nemesis sux!!!!!11!!!oneroflolz

Just got the head of Nefarian myself.

Shame the caster reward from the nef head quest sucks.

And yes, nemesis is far from my ideal robe, but I figured at minimum bid it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick one up until I can get doomcaller.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-09-2006 09:34:35 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:
Shame the caster reward from the nef head quest sucks.

And yes, nemesis is far from my ideal robe, but I figured at minimum bid it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick one up until I can get doomcaller.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

er..

Sorry. You realize doomcaller requires the husk from C'thun, right?

And that it's been near four months now and nobody's killed him? Or.. even cleared the instance entirely besides him, right?

Also, claw of chromaggus + Master dragonslayer's orb = best +dam for the buck. Fuck crit%.

Maradon!
posted 04-09-2006 09:40:47 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegising:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

er..

Sorry. You realize doomcaller requires the husk from C'thun, right?

You're real good at being a complete prick without justification, you know that?

quote:
And that it's been near four months now and nobody's killed him? Or.. even cleared the instance entirely besides him, right?

Also, claw of chromaggus + Master dragonslayer's orb = best +dam for the buck. Fuck crit%.

You're right, trading 1% crit and around 30 hours worth of DKP for an extra 7 damage is just the deal of the century.

Let's not forget that the staff of shadow flame is signifigantly better than either option.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-09-2006 09:44:30 PM
quote:
Maradon! stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
You're right, trading 1% crit and around 30 hours worth of DKP for an extra 7 damage is just the deal of the century.

Let's not forget that the staff of shadow flame is signifigantly better than either option.

/sarcasm on

But then you can't use fire or spellstones, Maradon!

/sarcasm off

Haha.

Doomcaller's fine to shoot for, I'm just saying you shouldn't be expecting it for like, six months or so.

And the 7 damage over the crit can make all the difference in the world. Ideal trinkets are Briarwood/Neltharion's tear. Ohjeez~

Maradon!
posted 04-09-2006 09:48:27 PM
quote:
x--Delphi AegisO-('-'Q) :
And the 7 damage over the crit can make all the difference in the world.

Or 0.7% of the difference in the world, whichever.

Every equivlancy I've ever done or seen done has shown that, for locks at least, 1% crit == 6 +dmg

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-09-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-09-2006 09:54:07 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Robocop:
Or 0.7% of the difference in the world, whichever.

Weren't you the one touting +dam blue/purples over all and that the set bonuses for nemesis were "crap" just a few threads ago?

Now I find you ripping on maxxing damage, and picking up nemesis! zomgwtf~

Maradon!
posted 04-09-2006 09:57:34 PM
quote:
x--Delphi AegisO-('-'Q) :
Weren't you the one touting +dam blue/purples over all and that the set bonuses for nemesis were "crap" just a few threads ago?

Now I find you ripping on maxxing damage, and picking up nemesis! zomgwtf~

The set bonuses for nemesis ARE crap. MOST set bonuses are crap.

And I'm still maxing damage, but paying the shitload of DKP that the head costs when the benefit of the orb over the talon of furious concentration is fairly dubious strikes me as a bad peer-to-teen choice decision.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-09-2006 10:09:26 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
The set bonuses for nemesis ARE crap. MOST set bonuses are crap.

And I'm still maxing damage, but paying the shitload of DKP that the head costs when the benefit of the orb over the talon of furious concentration is fairly dubious strikes me as a bad peer-to-teen choice decision.

You're like our rogues. All you're interested in for raiding is big numbers.

They wouldn't take bloodfang until we YELLED at them because they were slight downgrades from nightslayer. Why were they downgrades? Because the 5-peice bonus improves the effectiveness of their feint by 25%. Run the math and you see a rogue in shitty gear but 5 bloodfang does (Or at least has the aggro potential to do) shitloads more then an AP or crit stacked rogue.

Same thing with the nemesis 8-peice. Our mages can't go full tilt, yet I can WITHOUT TA or BoS due to the set bonus. It's krazy.

But we've had this conversation, and you're building for your PvP-ness. Which I don't understand why, cos you can't even kill a warrior! (keke).

Maradon!
posted 04-09-2006 10:15:51 PM
Except I can usually go all out and not pull aggro anyway.

For times that I can't, there's MD imp.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-09-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 04-09-2006 10:19:01 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TWO
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-09-2006 10:20:18 PM
Congratulations, you look like a clown.

Someone photoshop a red nose and big shoes onto it and it's perfect.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-10-2006 12:37:24 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor thought about the meaning of life:
I decided to post my character, since I just got the last piece to my Lightforge set an hour ago.

[xIMG]http://members.verizon.net/vze3sc97/lightforge2.JPG[x/IMG]

I have the "Mcdonald's hat" hidden, of course.

You realize pretty much everyone else here has large amounts of epics and your set of shitty blues really dosn't impress, right?

Sean
posted 04-10-2006 01:01:36 AM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about Pirotess:
You realize pretty much everyone else here has large amounts of epics and your set of shitty blues really dosn't impress, right?

Pretty much everyone else here has a job, too.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Chugga
Pancake
posted 04-10-2006 01:20:11 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Sean stammered:
Pretty much everyone else here has a job, too.

Was gonna ask if they changed the 8 set armour bonus on LF to Employement...Might justify him sitting around getting it.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-10-2006 01:28:43 AM
Why do I have to play a warlock

Addy
posted 04-10-2006 02:13:44 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Robocop:
You're like our rogues. All you're interested in for raiding is big numbers.

Uhhhh, you say this like it's a bad thing for rogues?

Heaven forbid we try to do the only thing we can pretty much do in raids! (Save for the rare exceptions like Broodlord trap room, Prophet, and Sartura)

People go for NS because of the 5 piece energy bonus. For PVP. I'm pretty sure BF offers more AP than NS. Although I'll be honest here, I haven't even looked at my NS stuff for a long time.

But carry on, go ahead and talk more about rogues

BTW a lot of fights, especially in AQ40, aren't as aggro sensitive as some stuff in BWL. Key word: some. 5 piece is pretty much wasted in AQ40. And it's still wasted against bosses like Chromaggus and Nefarian.

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-10-2006 02:45:18 AM
For the record, I had a job interview Friday for an internet provider, and I should find out Wednesday if I got the job. I will say the interview didn't go badly and I did excellently on the technical questionnaire they gave me.

Not that I expect that news to make any of you happy, and I'm sure as hell not going to feel apologize for playing WoW on a WEEKEND.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-10-2006 02:52:26 AM
quote:
Addy stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Uhhhh, you say this like it's a bad thing for rogues?

Heaven forbid we try to do the only thing we can pretty much do in raids! (Save for the rare exceptions like Broodlord trap room, Prophet, and Sartura)

People go for NS because of the 5 piece energy bonus. For PVP. I'm pretty sure BF offers more AP than NS. Although I'll be honest here, I haven't even looked at my NS stuff for a long time.

But carry on, go ahead and talk more about rogues

BTW a lot of fights, especially in AQ40, aren't as aggro sensitive as some stuff in BWL. Key word: some. 5 piece is pretty much wasted in AQ40. And it's still wasted against bosses like Chromaggus and Nefarian.

hi addy ~de arimasu

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-10-2006 02:53:15 AM
quote:
Addy's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
rogues?

are the suck.

loelz.

I grouped with that Shedari chick one time, she was horrible rogue.

Addy
posted 04-10-2006 03:06:11 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Batty said this:
hi addy ~de arimasu

omg hi~

And Fal,

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-10-2006 03:14:27 AM
how's stuff with you addy! ~de arimasu
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-10-2006 11:18:22 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mightion Defensor:
For the record, I had a job interview Friday for an internet provider, and I should find out Wednesday if I got the job. I will say the interview didn't go badly and I did excellently on the technical questionnaire they gave me.

Not that I expect that news to make any of you happy, and I'm sure as hell not going to feel apologize for playing WoW on a WEEKEND.

You should apologize for existing.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-10-2006 12:35:53 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Addy wrote:
And Fal,

It's ok, I still u kk

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-10-2006 01:26:38 PM
There's something boring about being a Rogue in BWL... can't quite put my finger on it...

Oh yeah... it's the lack of fucking weapon drops. We have 2h Maces and Axes coming out the ears... and caster weapons... But only 2 Maladath and one CTS. Fuck Broodlord. Fuck Chrom. And while we're at it, Fuck Ony for the one Vis'Kag that the guild has had drop, Garr for the 2 Brutality blades and an eternal FUCK YOU for the lack of any Windseaker Bindings.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 04-10-2006 08:48:47 PM
quote:
How.... Random Insanity Generator.... uughhhhhh:
and an eternal FUCK YOU for the lack of any Windseaker Bindings.

Haha, you guys must've missed the glitch in MC this week, the guild Im in got it. We recieved both windseekers bindings and the flame from Rag........all in one run. Ive read about other guilds recieving the same thing this week. We just assumed it was blizz saying sorry for their horrific login servers as of late.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 04-10-2006 10:56:54 PM
quote:
Bloodsage enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
TSIA, as they used to say.

I miss the BBSing days.

Yuri
posted 04-11-2006 07:59:49 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when -postroliphophus- wrote:
Haha, you guys must've missed the glitch in MC this week, the guild Im in got it. We recieved both windseekers bindings and the flame from Rag........all in one run. Ive read about other guilds recieving the same thing this week. We just assumed it was blizz saying sorry for their horrific login servers as of late.

This makes me want to kill people.. My guild is known to be the first guild to kill almost every boss in MC, including Rag, and we have.. 2 geddon bindings and 0 garr bindings. Going to MC is fucking torture nowadays.

Fuck Thunderfury and luck based progression

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-12-2006 05:20:21 AM
quote:
Yuri's fortune cookie read:
This makes me want to kill people.. My guild is known to be the first guild to kill almost every boss in MC, including Rag, and we have.. 2 geddon bindings and 0 garr bindings. Going to MC is fucking torture nowadays.

Fuck Thunderfury and luck based progression

My guild has been farming MC for a while. We're actually DE'ing or giving away (to alts or applicant members) more gear in MC than we're keeping for use. But we haven't seen any bindings.

While other guilds who can't even beat Razorgore in BWL have 1 or 2 Thunderfury and a couple of Sulfuras as well. One guild supposadly *BOUGHT* the Elementium required to make a Thunderfury because they couldn't handle Vael yet.

Of course if the bindings ever do drop there are going to be some real heavy DKP bids.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: