EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Attention all of you with mouths..
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-02-2006 09:49:55 PM
I have this idea, and I can't hold it inside anymore. I need to do something about it. Farting didn't work.

So, you will help me.

Tell me, what are your favorite comfort foods and why?

For example, who used to make it for you. What time of day did you eat it. Did you sneak it into your bedroom? Was it a food you ate after a breakup, or a bad test score?

I want to hear all about it.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-02-2006 09:57:24 PM
Beer.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 04-02-2006 10:08:33 PM
Beverages: Beer, coffee.

Why: Beer, because it tastes good, and it's always been associated in my mind with adulthood. Beer reminds me that, no matter what else goes on, I am the captain of myself, I am responsible. To me, Beer is a reminder of my individual sovereignty.

Coffee, because it tastes good and gives me energy, and because I always drink it at times of the day that are special to me - early morning, just before sunset, laaaaaaaate nights, and when I'm with family. Also when studying. So I associate coffee with happy times.

For foods, it's mcdonald's breakfast items for the exact same reasons as coffee, and meatloaf and mashed potatos because of it's pure simplicity and deliciousness.

LeMiere
posted 04-02-2006 10:13:06 PM
Eggs and toast.
Breakfast is something I rarely eat; having a 'wholesome' breakfast makes me feel like things will get better.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 04-02-2006 10:19:58 PM
Another vote for breakfast food, once I can eat again (stress makes me lose my appetite like you wouldn't believe). Eggs benedict in particular.

Mmm.

Hot cocoa is good too. Especially with a healthy shot of raspberry vodka.

LeMiere
posted 04-02-2006 10:30:49 PM
quote:
Xyrra had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

Hot cocoa is good too. Especially with a healthy shot of raspberry vodka.

I hear ya there. I've been downing the hot cocoa every night for the past two weeks.
Lots of whipped cream.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 04-02-2006 10:31:11 PM
fachio (sp!!) and cigerettes
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-02-2006 10:39:18 PM
Okay.. Other than breakfast and alcohol. Move into the luncheon and evening mealtime arenas.

You guys are doing good though! Hot chocolate is a good thing, and meetloaf is a winner too.

Steven Steve
posted 04-02-2006 10:42:24 PM
Comfort food!?!??!!?!

I don't do anything when I'm stressed out besides fall asleep, basically.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-02-2006 10:43:14 PM
Chicken Fettucini is my fav. dinner meal and helps me when I've had a shitty day. Or just a good ol' fashioned homemade hamburgers on the bbq and a couple beers.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 04-02-2006 11:13:18 PM
Toasted cheese sandwich and Tomato Soup. My mom made it for me when i was feeling down.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 04-02-2006 11:18:48 PM
I've got one specific meal that's comfort food to me. When I've had a bad day, like... the mother of all bad days... I go to Memphis Championship Barbeque over by the air force base.

Get an appetizer sampler (Onion Straws, Fried Pickle Chips, Chicken Wings, and some Potato Skins), and I demolish a good half of it myself.

Then I go for the main course. A full rack of their ribs, and fries and macaroni as the side dishes. I'm so full by the end of the meal that I can barely remember my own name, let alone whatever it was that was bugging me.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-02-2006 11:26:07 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mooj said:
I've got one specific meal that's comfort food to me. When I've had a bad day, like... the mother of all bad days... I go to Memphis Championship Barbeque over by the air force base.

Get an appetizer sampler (Onion Straws, Fried Pickle Chips, Chicken Wings, and some Potato Skins), and I demolish a good half of it myself.

Then I go for the main course. A full rack of their ribs, and fries and macaroni as the side dishes. I'm so full by the end of the meal that I can barely remember my own name, let alone whatever it was that was bugging me.

Oh yeah man, I love their fried pickles. The creamed corn there is love too.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-02-2006 11:28:19 PM
quote:
Mike the Butcher had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Toasted cheese sandwich and Tomato Soup. My mom made it for me when i was feeling down.

That is forever my cold day, or rainy day food. Whenever it's icky outside, my mom would make that and float some oyster crackers in the soup. Then I would dunk my sandwich in it, hoping not to get smacked upside the head.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 04-02-2006 11:32:01 PM
Carne asada french fries from the corner mexican place by my house. It's just frenchfries covered in a shit-ton of cheese, steak bits, sour cream, and guacamole. I don't get the guacamole from there anymore because it's not all that good though.

For myself, either a grilled cheese sandwich or macaroni and cheese with sausage that i've sliced into rounds and fried up, then mixed in with the macaroni is awsome.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-02-2006 11:32:27 PM
This thread is prejudice against mouthless beings.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-02-2006 11:38:16 PM
quote:
Batty had this to say about John Romero:
This thread is prejudice against mouthless beings.

That's because I am a bigot.

quote:
For myself, either a grilled cheese sandwich or macaroni and cheese with sausage that i've sliced into rounds and fried up, then mixed in with the macaroni is awsome

That sounds yum! I like to make my own howmemade mac and cheese with a bechamel sauce, and I put in chunks of ham. Chunks of sausage would be fun too!

LeMiere
posted 04-03-2006 12:09:42 AM
On rainy or cloudy days, I'll usually get a roast beef dip at Quizno's. So good, but only on those days.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 04-03-2006 12:11:02 AM
I cant eat when im depressed. I gof or a while until my stomach revolts and yells.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-03-2006 12:23:11 AM
Well comfort food doesn't mean that you eat it only when you are depressed. It means that you can be perfectly fine, but when you eat it, you are transported back to a time and place in your memory where your whole world was just right.

Like eating pumpkin pie and remembering Thanksgiving at your Grandma's, not the bitchy old one that keeps a pint of whisky in her purse and beats people with her cane.. but the nice one.

The Grandma that always had something baking for you, and always had a new coloring book and crayons out for you when you went to visit. Not Grandma Vaughn, who let your cousin Vinny piss on the coloring book box and take the iron to the crayons to see how many he could melt together.

Comfort food is about taking a bite of something and closing your eyes and saying, "oooh.. yeah.. I've been in this Nirvana before". Maybe it was when you ate the pie right before you broke cousin Vinnie's nose with the 3lb block of pissy crayons. Who knows.

Comfort food is

Nae fucked around with this message on 04-03-2006 at 12:24 AM.

Maradon!
posted 04-03-2006 12:47:11 AM
This thread has underlying issues.
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 04-03-2006 02:10:07 AM
I guess I'm strange in that I don't associate much emotion with food. Physical dependancy, like caffeine, sure...
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 04-03-2006 05:01:31 AM
I usually don't eat much when I'm depressed. Strangely, my fruit and fruit juice consumption rises drasically when I'm really pissed off at something, but when it's just feel-like-crap I probably hate myself too much to bother with such petty nothings as feeding my own useless, bloated meat-body.

On the other hand, mmm, prickly pears.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 04-03-2006 06:43:25 AM
When I get stressed, I eat like a mad man. There was a guy I used work with who is my enabler. When we would have stressful days, we would take a long lunch and go to Olive Garden and pig out. I'd always get Chicken Fettucini or Three Meat Ravioli and he'd get a Mixed Grill Plate. We'd have appetizers and desert too.

I'm glad we don't work in the same part of the department anymore, that was getting to damn expensive to do all the time.

-H

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-03-2006 01:13:36 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Hellbender absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
When I get stressed, I eat like a mad man. There was a guy I used work with who is my enabler. When we would have stressful days, we would take a long lunch and go to Olive Garden and pig out. I'd always get Chicken Fettucini or Three Meat Ravioli and he'd get a Mixed Grill Plate. We'd have appetizers and desert too.

I'm glad we don't work in the same part of the department anymore, that was getting to damn expensive to do all the time.

-H

It's horrible (in a good way) here in Paris. They give us almost 2 hours for lunch, and a lunch consisting of appetizer, entree, cheese, dessert, and wine costs 4E50.

Life is rough.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-03-2006 01:37:03 PM
I go for fast food more when I'm depressed. I always try to go cheap, like Dollar Menu or Value Menu or whathaveyou, but man double cheeseburgers are good when you're sad. I also like breakfast food a lot. Before my parents really started going at each other's throats all the time, my mom would pick one day out of the weekend occasionally and cook a big breakfast. I miss her biscuits and gravy.

At work, I end up drinking iced breve chai tea lattes (breve being half-and-half - yeah, that stuff you normally just put a little of into your coffee. Yeah, we'll serve whole drinks made of that shit.) I try to stay away from them as much as I can, though - that shit is beaucoup calories. It doesn't really bring back a memory or anything, though, it's just really damn good.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-03-2006 05:26:45 PM
I... agree with Faz.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-03-2006 08:36:40 PM
My mom's homemade mac & cheese casserole. It's my alltime comfort food. It's also becoming my son's (a close second to waffles).

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-03-2006 11:14:51 PM
Milkshakes! :3
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 04-04-2006 12:15:23 AM
I go for the tortilla chips when I stress eat.
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-04-2006 02:02:27 AM
Comfort food?

I kinda only eat when I'm hungry...

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Willias
Pancake
posted 04-04-2006 02:08:28 AM
I don't stress eat. When I get stressed, I find that punching stuff is the best cure.

Now, eating when bored... that's a different story. -_-

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: