EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: THE MIERE wanted to know how to live like a slob.
Sean
posted 03-28-2006 08:30:14 PM
AND HE CALLED THE RIGHT GUY I TELL YOU

He said he was wearing sandals and khakis to try and dress sloppier. Fucking ameteur is what he is.

That over there in the corner is a slob's dresser. Note that the clothes are not inside it. The doors are only shut, and shut only because, they would otherwise block access to the closet.

"Where do we put our clothes, oh slobmeister?" you ask.

RIGHT HERE! In a chair next to your bed. Note the clothes beneath it. Those aren't dirty, they just don't fit anymore. That brown shirt's too damn tight around the shoulders.

More of those clothes. And a pair of hats. They don't fit me either, and one is a company hat for a job I quit today. That piece of wood hides a hole under the carpet. Fucking installation guy from Adelphia screwed up and drilled through something and it broke and god damnit.

This is the moneyshot. Pillows with no pillowcases; sheets, curtains and blankets that don't match a damn thing, not even themselves, and the bed itself is unmade. And holy fuck is that a Cardinal or something in the bottom left hand corner of the picture

NO BEDFRAME FOR ME, BITCHES.

Be sure to take absolutely everything of worth and value that you own and clump it together on a broken bookshelf and a shitty DVD rack. Is that my hand or something in the frame? I don't know, I'm too lazy to check. That Caddyshack dancing gopher at the very top is fucking awesome, he dances and sings. Scares the hell out of my cats.

Work, eat, and do most of your living in the same three square yards. Nothing contributes faster to heart disease and bad hygeine. I quit one job today and got the same exact fucking job at another company, how shitty is that. still doing remote database work, woo

So there are my tips for unclean living. I hate my life.

Sean fucked around with this message on 03-28-2006 at 08:30 PM.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

LeMiere
posted 03-28-2006 08:34:30 PM
Our desks are equally messy. I, however, story my laundry in my closet rather than a dresser. My floor is just as messy though; papers and books strewn about.

And my bed is actually well made.

Fortunately I have enough space in my place to hide all my movies and such accessories to life.

I'm not far off. Thank you, master.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-28-2006 08:40:35 PM
My laundry is stored where ever is convenient.

Socks aren't paired -- I only own one type, so why roll them up and put them away? They get left in a laundry basket along with underwear.

Clothes are sometimes folded and put on top of that. And all my valuable stuff is in the one corner of my room near my comp. I work from here too. I only leave for class generally!

LeMiere
posted 03-28-2006 08:42:53 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Duck Tales:

Socks aren't paired

Freak.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-28-2006 08:43:06 PM
Heh. You think that's slob-like? Man, if only I had taken pictures of my brother's room before I left. You have NO idea.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 03-28-2006 08:48:03 PM
My clean laundry goes in the hamper. My dirty laundry goes on the floor. I'm too lazy to put the clean laundry somewhere not in the hamper and all my closets/drawers are filled up with random pack-rat crap that I nevertheless might need someday.

All my useful stuff is just sort of strewn about - my room is pretty small, and I've got a large amount of furniture clumped into it, so I never have to reach for anything. This DOES mean there's giant scary Jenga towers of books and magazines and sketchbooks and crap all over, waiting to fall on you.

And my bed is the cat-nest. Bleagh cat hair everywhere.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

LeMiere
posted 03-28-2006 08:55:10 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Nicole said this:
My clean laundry goes in the hamper. My dirty laundry goes on the floor. I'm too lazy to put the clean laundry somewhere not in the hamper and all my closets/drawers are filled up with random pack-rat crap that I nevertheless might need someday.

All my useful stuff is just sort of strewn about - my room is pretty small, and I've got a large amount of furniture clumped into it, so I never have to reach for anything. This DOES mean there's giant scary Jenga towers of books and magazines and sketchbooks and crap all over, waiting to fall on you.

And my bed is the cat-nest. Bleagh cat hair everywhere.

I had three cats. Two of which never left my room back home. I understand your plight.

Big Easy
Pancake
posted 03-28-2006 10:44:38 PM
Bed? Matresses?! Bah. It's all about the fold-out couch and Coleman air-matress. No sheets, I use a sleeping bag we picked up in the early '90s. I can either sleep or go camping, makes no difference to me. And I use the same system as Nicole on the clothing.

Best suggestion for living in slovenly bliss? Don't worry about throwing out old pizza boxes. As long as there's no food in them, you can use the stack as a handy place to put your remote control so you'll never lose it again. Also, any horizontal surface can serve as a place for drifts of papers, books, and software. If it isn't about to topple over, you're not stacking high enough.

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Peter
Pancake
posted 03-28-2006 11:24:24 PM
My room in my folk’s house used to get to epic proportions of slob-ness. I at times you had trouble opening the door, and were lucky to see even an inch of carpet. It was done mostly as a deterrent to keep anything from entering my room, worked well Except for the damned cat, evil little bastard didn’t care.

My apartment for the most part is clean, my kitchen is super clean. The only time it gets messy is around Thursday or Friday. By then my table and floor get a little cluttered from me coming home and crashing, or if I leave a basket of laundry out.

Suddar
posted 03-28-2006 11:51:12 PM
A few years back, at a different house, around 60-70% of the floor in my room simply wasn't visible because there was a mound of junk covering it. I drank shit straight from the bottle (be it a gallon, 2-liter, whatever) and tossed it onto the floor. School papers inevitably became a second carpet. Clothes, a third. To top it off, trash from food (and in rare occasions, half-eaten food) occasionally found its way into the heap.

Even the portion of my room that wasn't completely trashed was messy. It was pretty bad. I've cleaned up my act since, thank god. (aka, still messy but not quite as bad).

I'm not trying to get in on the one-uppidy "OH YEAH?! well..." that this thread is bound to degenerate into, but this seems like an appropriate place to share my own tale of a messy room. It was bad in its own way.

Suddar fucked around with this message on 03-28-2006 at 11:52 PM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 03-29-2006 08:10:52 AM
Wow, looks a lot like my place, complete with bedframeless bed.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-29-2006 08:23:13 AM
I'd burst into flames simply from stepping into that room.

You need a bright blue carpet.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 03-29-2006 02:21:31 PM
Where are the empty soda cans??

Sean
posted 03-29-2006 02:41:47 PM
I use plastic cups.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-29-2006 02:44:41 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about dark elf butts:
I use plastic cups.

Amateur. I use a single 16 ounce cup and wash it out before reusing it.

Sean
posted 03-29-2006 02:48:37 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr attempted to be funny by writing:
wash it

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-29-2006 02:58:46 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about John Romero:

Wash involves filling it once with hot water in the bathroom sink.

Nicole
posted 03-29-2006 04:12:42 PM
quote:
I coup-de-grace Peter with my staff and loot all their genitalia.
My apartment for the most part is clean, my kitchen is super clean.

Oh yeah, my one bit of meticulousness: food. I cannot cook or prepare food in a messy environment. I don't like bits of last night's spaghetti sticking to this morning's bagel. And I NEVER eat in my room, or only eat stuff that comes in a package, and if there's a plate or mug or something I ate out of in there I'm intensely aware of it until I get rid of it. My room may be a clutterheap, but it's without its own little bacteria nationstates.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-30-2006 04:14:15 PM
The only thing that ever really gets made in my room is my bed. And that's so my cats keep thier hair solely on my comforter.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Niggeria
Pancake
posted 03-31-2006 10:47:09 PM
Sean is so lazy he's even bad at being a slob.

Way to go, Sean.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 04-01-2006 02:24:27 PM
My room is clean.

The messiest part of my apartment is my unmade bed.

Why?

I went spring cleanig last week, and refuse to let myself degenerate into what it was.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-01-2006 04:24:39 PM
My room is not clean. I actually spent a good chunk of last Sunday to improve the situation but it's worse now. That'll teach me.

Maradon!
posted 04-01-2006 05:05:13 PM
quote:
x--Falaanla MarrO-('-'Q) :
Amateur. I use a single 16 ounce cup and wash it out before reusing it.

Amateur. I use the styrefoam cup from a cup 'o noodles that I ate over a month ago!

Ryuujin
posted 04-01-2006 08:39:23 PM
I shower everyday and scrub myself with a luffa sponge.
Maradon!
posted 04-02-2006 12:59:55 AM
quote:
Ryuujining:
I shower everyday and scrub myself with a luffa sponge.

Luffas do not clean you, they just make you pretty and oily.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-04-2006 10:00:18 PM
I just buy a gallon jug of water at the gas station for 1.29 and leave it sitting on my desk. It'll last me about three days, at which point I walk next door and buy another one.
Nicole
posted 04-05-2006 01:04:12 AM
quote:
Say that again, Maradon!. Say it, I fucking dare you. I have chloroform, fishhooks and lots of time.

They work awesome on rough skin patches, though. I take one to the soles of my feet every other day. If I do not, I grow enough callus for the skin to be described with the term "armor-plated".

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Maradon!
posted 04-05-2006 03:05:40 AM
quote:
x--SnootaO-('-'Q) :
I just buy a gallon jug of water at the gas station for 1.29 and leave it sitting on my desk. It'll last me about three days, at which point I walk next door and buy another one.

That's actually not a bad idea

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 04-06-2006 12:36:04 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about John Romero:

Why not jsut refill it, thats what my family does

Ofcourse we got somethign between 4 and 7 poeple here, so it gets refileld alot, but still

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Ryuujin
posted 04-06-2006 01:42:22 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s account was hax0red to write:

Hey I use soap too.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: