EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Two hot Nintendo-related topics(No Maradons Allowed Club)
Skaw
posted 03-23-2006 03:53:37 PM
Just kidding Maradon, post if you want, one of these could possibly interest you.

First up: DS Zelda title: Phantom Hourglass

Second: Revolution to host Genesis and TurboGrafx games on thier virtual console.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-23-2006 03:58:03 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Captain Planet:
Second: Revolution to host Genesis and TurboGrafx games on thier virtual console.

Awesomesauce.

Moto Roader!!

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-23-2006 04:10:02 PM
Issue 1: wtb Zelda DS pst

Issue 2: If only that included PC Engine (TurboGrafx CD here I think it was called.) I want Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

Señor Gains fucked around with this message on 03-23-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-23-2006 05:55:48 PM
Holy shit, Genesis. That's really awesome news.
Malbi
posted 03-23-2006 08:26:55 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Liam said:
Holy shit, Genesis. That's really awesome news.

yeah now we can pick do we download blood free Mortal Kombat or Blood and sausages version of Mortal Kombat

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
LeMiere
posted 03-23-2006 10:57:09 PM
I am excited for Ecco the Dolphin.
Freedan
Pancake
posted 03-24-2006 12:14:38 AM
Mutant League Football! #3 nasty, unnecessary ref bashing 5 yard penalty. Weee!
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 03-24-2006 12:33:41 AM
Toe Jam and Earl, bitches!

-H

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 03-24-2006 12:44:02 AM
Toe Jam and Earl, and Mutant League are the two things I'm most looking forward to with this news.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-24-2006 12:44:03 AM
It'll be worth it for Comix Zone.
Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-24-2006 01:00:34 AM
quote:
Liam said this about your mom:
It'll be worth it for Comix Zone.

That game was hard, but fucking amazing.

Maradon!
posted 03-24-2006 01:01:39 AM
This would probably be more exciting news if I didn't have a rom of literally every Sega game ever published.

Takes up around 2gb. Pretty amazing, eh?

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-24-2006 at 01:02 AM.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 03-24-2006 04:28:56 AM
You know what? I think at this rate, a Revolution will be my first choice for my next-gen system D:
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-24-2006 04:38:31 AM
I haven't seen anything for either the PS3 or the Revolution that I could like...then again, I haven't seen anything for either of them.

Maradon has a point, though, Genesis games are also good on emulators.

Maradon!
posted 03-24-2006 05:21:55 AM
quote:
x--KaelO-('-'Q) :
You know what? I think at this rate, a Revolution will be my first choice for my next-gen system D:

Technically the revolution will be about a quarter generation after the next-gen systems.

Let's not forget that positively asinine controller.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-24-2006 at 05:22 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-24-2006 10:12:14 AM
quote:
Maradon! must read alot of poetry:
Technically the revolution will be about a quarter generation after the next-gen systems.

Graphics wise? Yes. Game offerings wise? I think you've got that backwards.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2006 10:29:32 AM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

Lets not forget that GameCube controllers are compatible with the system.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-24-2006 11:27:59 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Pirotess:
Lets not forget that GameCube controllers are compatible with the system.

Which also means that you can use your PS2 controller on the Rev!

Oh snap!

Señor Gains fucked around with this message on 03-24-2006 at 11:39 AM.

Sean
posted 03-24-2006 12:37:40 PM
quote:
Señor Gains had this to say about Pirotess:
Oh snap!

Is that adapter any good? I mean.. $12.

I could use one, but twelve bucks just seems way too cheap for anything that'll last more than a week.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-24-2006 01:05:58 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Knight Rider:
Is that adapter any good? I mean.. $12.

I could use one, but twelve bucks just seems way too cheap for anything that'll last more than a week.

No clue. I'm planning on buying one soon though.

I mean...it's 12 bucks. My PC-PS2 adapter was 15 and it hasn't failed me yet. (Not that I know where it is atm.)

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 03-24-2006 02:23:13 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

Graphics wise? Yes, the Rev is behind the PS3/360. But I haven't been exposed to HD graphics that much to see any difference. We wont know what the Rev can do til maybe E3.

And I like the controller, I want LucasArts to make a non-sellout Star Wars Jedi type game

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-24-2006 02:27:53 PM
Let's put it this way about the "asinine" revolution controller.

When the DS first came out, there were meh games that only passingly used the touch function. Warioware: Touched expounded upon what you can do with a good touch function a lot, but it wasn't really part of the game.

Now there are games coming out that use it in a wholly unique and stimulating way (See: Train your brain) and Japan can't keep the fuckers in stock.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 03-26-2006 02:13:51 PM
quote:
This one time, at Delphi Aegis camp:

When the DS first came out, there were meh games that only passingly used the touch function. Warioware: Touched expounded upon what you can do with a good touch function a lot, but it wasn't really part of the game.

Now there are games coming out that use it in a wholly unique and stimulating way (See: Train your brain) and Japan can't keep the fuckers in stock.

under the knife!

byfar the most tense game ever made

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Skaw
posted 03-26-2006 02:40:24 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Leftover Mog said:
under the knife!

byfar the most tense game ever made

Fighting Gorea, the final boss of MP:H, was the most fucking intense thing I've ever done with two hands and the DS.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 03-26-2006 04:46:15 PM
Oh wow, awesome.

With the news on that Genesis stuff I might just have to get a Revolution. Kudos, Nintendo.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-29-2006 01:32:46 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Señor Gains was all like:
Issue 2: If only that included PC Engine (TurboGrafx CD here I think it was called.) I want Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

HOLY SHIT YAY

Skaw
posted 03-29-2006 01:57:34 PM
quote:
Señor Gains had this to say about the Spice Girls:
HOLY SHIT YAY

Hot damn, the revolution is making me want to have sex with it even more as each week goes by

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-29-2006 08:48:31 PM
I still read the zelda name as Wind Wanker
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-29-2006 11:23:28 PM
quote:
Death of Rats got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I still read the zelda name as Wind Wanker

Do you still think All Your Base is clever and witty, too?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-30-2006 10:14:30 AM
All your base are belong to US.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Maradon!
posted 03-30-2006 06:22:26 PM
quote:
x--Delphi AegisO-('-'Q) :

The difference is that touchscreens are GOOD for use in games and have been used in games successfully since long before the DS was ever invented.

Motion sensing has been used in games, too, only it has invariably failed. No matter what hardware you use, motion sensing is awkward, imprecise, and has a limited range of motion. Try playing an FPS with a gyro mouse some time.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-30-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Malbi
posted 03-30-2006 10:02:34 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about (_|_):
The difference is that touchscreens are GOOD for use in games and have been used in games successfully since long before the DS was ever invented.

Motion sensing has been used in games, too, only it has invariably failed. No matter what hardware you use, motion sensing is awkward, imprecise, and has a limited range of motion. Try playing an FPS with a gyro mouse some time.

would a Gyro mouse be one of the ones with the ball on top? If that is so I find that once you get used to it, it is better for FPS

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-30-2006 10:15:06 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Optimus Prime:

If anyone can do it it's Nintendo. Have you played WarioWare Twisted?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Maradon!
posted 03-30-2006 10:50:46 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Malbi booooze lime pole over bench lick:
would a Gyro mouse be one of the ones with the ball on top? If that is so I find that once you get used to it, it is better for FPS

No, a gyro mouse is one of the ones that they use for presentations that you hold in your hand and use like a laser pointer. They work on exactly the same mechanics as the proposed revolution controller.

quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into JooJooFlop who doth quote:
If anyone can do it it's Nintendo. Have you played WarioWare Twisted?

On the contrary, Nintendo has an extremely spotty track record with introducing such things. Virtual boy, anyone? The N64 disk drive, multi-pronged controller, and memory expansion? Super Gameboy? And all the portable->console links they've ever done are a seriously mixed bag.

Nintendo's gimmicks fall on their face almost as often as they turn up good.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-30-2006 10:55:57 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
On the contrary, Nintendo has an extremely spotty track record with introducing such things. Virtual boy, anyone? The N64 disk drive, multi-pronged controller, and memory expansion? Super Gameboy? And all the portable->console links they've ever done are a seriously mixed bag.

Nintendo's gimmicks fall on their face almost as often as they turn up good.

I was speaking specifically toward the subject of motion sensing in games.

Edit: Also, I fail to see what was wrong with the memory expansion and Super Game Boy. Both served their functions quite well.

JooJooFlop fucked around with this message on 03-30-2006 at 10:58 PM.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Alaan
posted 03-30-2006 11:09:41 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Captain Planet:
I was speaking specifically toward the subject of motion sensing in games.

Edit: Also, I fail to see what was wrong with the memory expansion and Super Game Boy. Both served their functions quite well.

Really though. Why would you want to use a Super Game Boy? I mean, you really want a 27" ugly as sin gameboy picture?

Sean
posted 03-30-2006 11:11:23 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about John Romero:
Really though. Why would you want to use a Super Game Boy? I mean, you really want a 27" ugly as sin gameboy picture?

Nevermind that Gameboy games are generally just console ports two or three generations behind.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-30-2006 11:15:59 PM
quote:
From the book of Alaan, chapter 3, verse 16:

Yes.

That's why I bought a Game Boy Player for my Gamecube, which is like the Super Game Boy but it plays GBA games as well. If I'm not playing GB games away from home or on the crapper that's how I play them.

Malbi
posted 03-31-2006 12:03:37 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop was naked while typing this:
Yes.

That's why I bought a Game Boy Player for my Gamecube, which is like the Super Game Boy but it plays GBA games as well. If I'm not playing GB games away from home or on the crapper that's how I play them.

NOt to mention sometimes you save go to do the last boss fight and the batteries die and you have no back ups, and before gameboys came in color it was one way to play some games in color

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-31-2006 12:21:38 AM
That and getting to play with an honest-to-god controller while not having to peer at an itty bitty screen is always a plus.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: