EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Norman Kember Freed.
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 03-23-2006 07:03:57 AM
BBC News.

"One British and two Canadian peace activists held hostage in Iraq for almost four months have been freed in an operation by multinational forces.
Norman Kember, 74, of north-west London, James Loney, 41, and Harmeet Singh Sooden, 32, were three of four men seized in Baghdad in November.

Mr Kember is said to be in a "reasonable condition" while the two Canadians were taken to hospital.

The body of murdered US citizen Tom Fox was found in Baghdad two weeks ago.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said he had spoken to Mr Kember's wife Pat and that she was "absolutely delighted, elated with this news"."

That's made me smile. Did anyone else think he was a goner?

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 03-23-2006 04:58:32 PM
I just assume anybody taken prisoner in iraq is toast.

That way if somebody gets iced, its no big surprise, and if they get let free, its happy funtime.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Maradon!
posted 03-24-2006 01:16:11 AM
Sadly, the multinational forces killed as a result of the encouragement, aid, and comfort that "peace" activism provides to the enemy are not as lucky.
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 03-24-2006 03:53:37 AM
They were missing??

News to me...

Mod
Pancake
posted 03-24-2006 11:07:45 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Maradon! wrote:
Sadly, the multinational forces killed as a result of the encouragement, aid, and comfort that "peace" activism provides to the enemy are not as lucky.

"The enemy"?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-25-2006 12:19:37 PM
And the quote of the day is, "Oh, yeah, thanks, I guess. . .you evil bastards who are deliberately preventing the peace-loving Iraqi people from settling their differences without killing."

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-26-2006 08:36:14 AM
quote:
Kaiote painfully thought these words up:
I just assume anybody taken prisoner in iraq is toast.

That way if somebody gets iced, its no big surprise, and if they get let free, its happy funtime.

According to the Las Vegas Review Journal article on the operation that freed these three, only 15% of people kidnapped in Iraq are killed. It was 75% freed, 15% killed, and I think 10% still captive.(I know the 75 and 15, but there may have been a fourth stat that I'm not recalling to split up the last 10% and I'm too lazy to look the article up on their website)

Snoota
posted 03-26-2006 08:37:25 AM
quote:
Mod had this to say about Robocop:
"The enemy"?

That would be the people we are fighting, who want to kill us, who kidnapped the guy.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 03-26-2006 07:46:03 PM
quote:
Snoota spewed forth this undeniable truth:
According to the Las Vegas Review Journal article on the operation that freed these three, only 15% of people kidnapped in Iraq are killed. It was 75% freed, 15% killed, and I think 10% still captive.(I know the 75 and 15, but there may have been a fourth stat that I'm not recalling to split up the last 10% and I'm too lazy to look the article up on their website)

Which means I am pleased most of the time, now doesnt it?

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Snoota
posted 03-27-2006 01:06:40 AM
quote:
From the book of Kaiote, chapter 3, verse 16:

I thought it meant you were a drain on society.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-27-2006 10:56:27 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Kaiote gently hums:

Which means you should take your hand out of your pants and wash it more often.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: