EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Happy St. Patricks Day
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 03-17-2006 10:38:32 AM
Happy St Pattys day everyone. Anyone up to anything interesting? I'm finishing getting my things organized to move for tomorrow, then me and some buddies are heading out to an irish pub in the area to drink some green beer.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 03-17-2006 10:58:26 AM
YAY! GREEN BEER!

-H

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 03-17-2006 01:29:24 PM
yep, free green beer for me. For even though my profile says march 9th. Today is my birthday! 25 years old... And still a loser, just with an ok job a woman that loves me and a pet puppy.
Steven Steve
posted 03-17-2006 06:17:02 PM
I'm Irish but under 21 and my family is Protestant so this holiday means almost nothing to me yet. haha
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 03-18-2006 07:10:39 PM
I ended up running around with a kid who bag was filled with signal flairs, gasolene, and moltov cocktails, and then everyone decided we shouldnt use any of it until next week
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 03-19-2006 07:47:33 PM
When will you lot stop calling it "Patty's day" It just sounds wrong. It's St Patrtick's day, otherwise referred to as St Pat or St Paddy.

I worked as I have for the last 4! On the bright side the Guinness staff t-shirts were actually quite nice this year, more like the ones you get from Guinness Merch places and less like the crap you find in a charity shop. I also got a hat and an inflatable Guinness.

Maradon!
posted 03-19-2006 07:57:36 PM
St. Patrick was italian.
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 03-19-2006 08:00:26 PM
St Patrick was my homeboy.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-19-2006 11:18:11 PM
There were no snakes
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-19-2006 11:27:37 PM
quote:
Nae has funnier quote texts than me:
There were no snakes

I believe the actual explanation behind that is, or rather the story as I recall it, is that he was the man responsible for bringing Christianity to Ireland. Hence, the snakes driven away were heathens! ahhh!

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-19-2006 11:37:04 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Pirotess:
I believe the actual explanation behind that is, or rather the story as I recall it, is that he was the man responsible for bringing Christianity to Ireland. Hence, the snakes driven away were heathens! ahhh!

Yeah, the snakes were the Celtic snakes, or the Midgard serpent.

Sean
posted 03-20-2006 02:59:03 PM
I always thought he was just a guy who killed a bunch of pythons.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: