EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: mp3 to midi converter
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 03-15-2006 04:39:11 PM
Yes, I said it the proper way around. Anyone know of a decent one that's preferably shareware or free? Looked around a bit on google and nothing looked outstanding. =/ Trying to get some damn ring tones that don't suck made.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 03-15-2006 06:13:45 PM
Can your phone handle MP3 ringtones? if so, I have a nice little program that you can use to cut them up.
Batty
posted 03-15-2006 06:37:38 PM
Yeah, found out it can handle mp3's, been using a shareware one to do so but if there's a nice free one out there that'd be better. ;D Just got this thing yesterday so still finding out what all it can do. Nokia 6102, not too bad.
Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-15-2006 07:49:46 PM
But uh...wait hold on.

I don't think that works at all.

I had to take the score of whatever song I wanted to be a midi and write it out myself in a music making program. I mean, how would a general midi program handle stuff like vocals?

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 03-15-2006 07:56:41 PM
MP3 -> MIDI converters are called people that transcribe a tune and program out a MIDI. There might be programs that approximate things, but you're not going to find one that does things automatically and still sound good.
Peter
Pancake
posted 03-15-2006 08:18:35 PM
Like isn't midi a whole diffretn ballgame tthan mp3? like mp3 is an actual recording, but midi is a set of instrutions telling your computer what notes to play?
Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-15-2006 08:24:49 PM
quote:
Cobalt Katze had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
MP3 -> MIDI converters are called people that transcribe a tune and program out a MIDI. There might be programs that approximate things, but you're not going to find one that does things automatically and still sound good.

I knew it!

Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-15-2006 08:25:39 PM
quote:
Peter had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Like isn't midi a whole diffretn ballgame tthan mp3? like mp3 is an actual recording, but midi is a set of instrutions telling your computer what notes to play?

Yeah, it's not too complicated but it takes some time and effort to make something sound good.

still wtb my old megaman 2 remixes i fear they are lost in the internet

Maradon!
posted 03-15-2006 08:57:56 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Peter who doth quote:

Midi is the music tool from Mario Paint.

Batty
posted 03-15-2006 09:19:13 PM
shut up and someone give me a mp3 edit program that's free
Tremendous Faggot
posted 03-15-2006 09:28:27 PM
quote:
Batty wrote this stupid crap:
shut up and someone give me a mp3 edit program that's free

I'll take one too if you can find it.

But you won't.

Unless you pirate.

Aury
posted 03-15-2006 09:51:49 PM
quote:
Batty thought about the meaning of life:
Yeah, found out it can handle mp3's, been using a shareware one to do so but if there's a nice free one out there that'd be better. ;D Just got this thing yesterday so still finding out what all it can do. Nokia 6102, not too bad.

Here ya go.

Batty
posted 03-15-2006 10:46:55 PM
Aury is now my bestest friend until the end of today.
Aury
posted 03-16-2006 02:25:31 AM
quote:
Batty had this to say about Cuba:
Aury is now my bestest friend until the end of today.

Does that mean I can do unholy things to you?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: