EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I didn't know this was important enough to write an article about.
The Blob
Approved by Maradon
posted 03-09-2006 10:23:02 AM
Personally, I made crafts as a kid. Like, with Legos and stuff.

http://www.sacurrent.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16256832&BRD=2318&PAG=461&dept_id=551416&rfi=6

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 10:24:31 AM
Love to read the article, really, but every time I click on the url nothing happens. Hmmmmm. . . .
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2006 10:28:02 AM
It takes more time and effort to hit the reply button and make a smart-ass reply, Bloodsage. Hmmmm.

Made it a link for you poor old people who can't get the Copy-Paste to work.

Edit: Though it makes me laugh that they put a picture of EQ2 and mentioned WoW in the subtext.

Edit2x: What a shitty article. It's not original or ground-breaking. Just looks like a filler.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 03-09-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 10:35:10 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Bajah gently hums:
It takes more time and effort to hit the reply button and make a smart-ass reply, Bloodsage. Hmmmm.

Made it a link for you poor old people who can't get the Copy-Paste to work.

Edit: Though it makes me laugh that they put a picture of EQ2 and mentioned WoW in the subtext.

It's the principle.

I detest people so self-centered they expect the rest of the world to do all the work to receive the message. That goes for spelling and grammar as well. Anyone who has something to say also has the responsibility to present that something in a viable format, without leaving it up to the audience either to translate from mog-ese or to manipulate it to make it viewable. In short, if you're too fucking lazy to use the url tags, I don't give a shit what you have to say.

The Blob
Approved by Maradon
posted 03-09-2006 10:35:12 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. I kinda need to bone up on my hrefs and stuff. Next time I'll be on it.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 10:36:12 AM
quote:
Quoth The Blob:
Yeah, sorry about that. I kinda need to bone up on my hrefs and stuff. Next time I'll be on it.

UBB code handles it easily, and there's also an easy button just below the text box whenever you're creating a post.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2006 11:19:26 AM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Bloodsage scored a straight 1 with:
It's the principle.

I detest people so self-centered they expect the rest of the world to do all the work to receive the message. That goes for spelling and grammar as well. Anyone who has something to say also has the responsibility to present that something in a viable format, without leaving it up to the audience either to translate from mog-ese or to manipulate it to make it viewable. In short, if you're too fucking lazy to use the url tags, I don't give a shit what you have to say.

He's also only got 4 posts to his name, 2 of which are in this thread. Most UBB boards auto-translate URLs into hyperlinks. In fact, EC used to as well before Drys disabled it. Therefore, most people naturally assume a link they post will auto-translate.

But I suppose it's easier to assume someone is out to get you by being too lazy.

Suddar
posted 03-09-2006 01:14:13 PM
Hi, my name is Bloodsage, and I'm five years old.
Maradon!
posted 03-09-2006 01:38:40 PM
So 68% of the female character models in WoW are male IRL?

That's better than EQ's ratio was, isn't it? If I recall it was in the high 80s then.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2006 01:46:16 PM
My guild contains a lot of boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife couples, along with lots of people that're groups of friends. I'd say easily half of our guild is actual females. I can only think of two guys who play female characters (and both Night Elves). Used to be three, but Falaanla left.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 01:46:57 PM
quote:
Quoth Bajah:
He's also only got 4 posts to his name, 2 of which are in this thread.

All the more reason, then, to double check what the post looks like after pressing "Add Reply." One shouldn't simply assume that things work in a particular way without checking, when one is in a new place; that smacks of all the things I've already listed as being unacceptable.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 01:49:17 PM
quote:
Suddar startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Hi, my name is Bloodsage, and I'm five years old.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-09-2006 01:53:19 PM
quote:
Bajah impressed everyone with:
My guild contains a lot of boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife couples, along with lots of people that're groups of friends. I'd say easily half of our guild is actual females. I can only think of two guys who play female characters (and both Night Elves). Used to be three, but Falaanla left.

And I was human, too.

And I know of more than a few that are in SOK. Couple you really wouldn't expect, too.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2006 01:55:22 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Falaanla Marr scored a straight 1 with:
And I was human, too.

And I know of more than a few that are in SOK. Couple you really wouldn't expect, too.

I know you're human ;P

I know I'm forgetting a few and such without thinking about it. Doesn't really bother me. Play what you wanna play, the way I look at it. I can't play female characters. I've tried. Just doesn't work well for me. I identify with my characters too much.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2006 02:49:33 PM
Everyone above and below this post is a raging homosexual.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-09-2006 02:52:55 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
Everyone above and below this post is a raging homosexual.

Just make sure you post again in this thread, sweetnuts.

Lest I befoul your sock drawer for the eighth time in a fortnight.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-09-2006 02:57:58 PM
quote:
Bloodsage probably says this to all the girls:
All the more reason, then, to double check what the post looks like after pressing "Add Reply." One shouldn't simply assume that things work in a particular way without checking, when one is in a new place; that smacks of all the things I've already listed as being unacceptable.

Bloodsage is why we can't have new members.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 03:02:30 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Delphi Aegis gently hums:
Bloodsage is why we can't have new members.

Bullshit. I wasn't in the least mean to him; everything would've been perfectly fine if the Smurfs hadn't decided to get huffy that it's somehow not nice to expect people to do simple things like type correctly and use the url tag. Seriously: since when did it become the reader's job to format text rather than the author's?

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2006 03:03:51 PM
A) Stop.

B) Bloodsage is correct. There's no reason that we should have to conform to newcomers.

C) The Smurfs are correct. Bloodsage wasn't mean, but he wasn't nice, either.

D) The Blob seems cool wit' it, so everyone stop being penises.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-09-2006 03:06:24 PM
quote:
How.... Mr. Parcelan.... uughhhhhh:
A) Stop.

B) Bloodsage is correct. There's no reason that we should have to conform to newcomers.

C) The Smurfs are correct. Bloodsage wasn't mean, but he wasn't nice, either.

D) The Blob seems cool wit' it, so everyone stop being penises.

I agree on B, but there's no need to be a dick about it a la bloodsage.

A simple "Hey, URL tags aren't automatically applied here, next time use the URL button" woulda been acceptible.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2006 03:08:23 PM
We've always been fairly sarcastic. I don't fault Bloodsage for doing it at least semi-coherently when fucktard wastes-of-gravity like RIG are trying so desperately to do it.

NEW POLICY!

Instead of getting into an argument with or about Bloodsage in the thread (as opposed to a flame thread, where such things are allowed), just say "Hay new guy, Bloodsage is just bein' a little miss thang, this is how things are..."

Then suck my dick.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 03:12:37 PM
Since when is a little sarcastic humor the epitome of being a dick? It's not like I said, "Hey, fuckchop! Quit being a lazy asshole and start using the UBB codes the way they're designed."

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2006 03:14:17 PM
You can't deny your sassiness, though. You are just about as sassy as Snootabot 5000, the most revolutionary creation in modern sassing to date.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 03:18:33 PM
quote:
Quoth Mr. Parcelan:
You can't deny your sassiness, though. You are just about as sassy as Snootabot 5000, the most revolutionary creation in modern sassing to date.

Sass makes life interesting. The Smurf approach--"Hey, newbie! We really love you and our board has a cool tag you can use to make it easier for people to read articles by creating a hyperlink--can you say 'hyperlink'?--so they don't have to cut-and-paste. Here's a cookie just for being you!"--is just patronizing.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2006 03:20:35 PM
Do you ever have moments where you foresee your own death?

I saw myself giving a lecture in a classroom on the third story of a building, probably about something I wrote or something similar. As I was speaking, the class enthralled by my speech, I glanced at the window. My attention was seized for what seemed like an eternity, though only seconds passed.

Before I knew it, I grabbed a chair and threw it at the window, then flung myself out of it, screaming and jabbering incoherently.

Frankly, I thought it was an awesome way to die.

The Blob
Approved by Maradon
posted 03-09-2006 03:40:46 PM
Aw jeez... shucks fellas, all this over lil ol' me?

Yeah, it was kind of a douche move on my part to just throw that Ctrl-C Ctrl-V up there, but I should probably show some balls, you know, like the new guy in prison or whatever, so, yeah.

Eat Shit, Bloodsage. You... guy.

There, now I'm not a pushover. Toughness exposed. I will do the hyperlink next time though.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2006 03:44:01 PM

Don't let the smurfs fool you; I don't go out of my way to persecute people.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2006 05:20:38 PM
And don't let Bloodsage fool you, either. Anyone who disagrees with his methods of doing things is labelled a 'smurf.'

That said, I never disagreed with his intentions. Just his method of doing so. There's no need to be a dick about it, but there's no need to be a care bear about it, either. Believe it or not, it's not impossible to share information without being condescending.

Lesson for the day!

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2006 05:22:23 PM
Suck my dick.

Do you disagree.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2006 05:24:53 PM
But Parce, you lost that in the Great War of 02.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2006 05:26:41 PM
Sleep, Bajah.

Sleep forever.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-09-2006 05:42:04 PM
I put the ass in sass.
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 03-09-2006 07:12:56 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Edit2x: What a shitty article. It's not original or ground-breaking. Just looks like a filler.

You're surprised that the San Antonio Current has a crappy article?! It's a joke in town. Most people won't even pick it up and it's FREE!!!

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 03-09-2006 10:08:12 PM
I have two things to say.

The article is about WoW, not EQ2. Someone tell me why it has an EQ2 screenshot in it?

And guys make female characters in games because they were oppressed as children because G.I. Joe didnt come with a sports car/minivan/SUV and a little sister, and they all secretly wanna be girls.

Because there has to be some deep seated psychological reason as to why guys like to see night elf boobies and dark elf butts.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 03-09-2006 10:21:44 PM
If I'm gonna be staring at a 3/4 rear fiew, topdown of a person, real or not, for 4-5 hours.. it's GOING to be femenine.

Plus, playing a chick is like hitting the easy button.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-09-2006 11:20:53 PM
I made a female human Paladin on one of the servers(I forget which one, Thornium Brotherhood I think) and did nothing but stand in the middle of Goldshire for two hours while watching the Shield + the replay, and in that two hours I made three gold and like eight green items without saying a word to anyone but, "Thanks!"
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-10-2006 02:01:39 AM
quote:
Snoota's fortune cookie read:
I made a female human Paladin on one of the servers(I forget which one, Thornium Brotherhood I think) and did nothing but stand in the middle of Goldshire for two hours while watching the Shield + the replay, and in that two hours I made three gold and like eight green items without saying a word to anyone but, "Thanks!"

That's really sad.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 03-10-2006 04:17:01 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Captain Planet:
That's really sad.

Ya... other people can usually make at least 5 gold and a full bag of greens/blues in that time...

Suddar
posted 03-10-2006 07:39:42 AM
I never got a single handout for playing a female character in the entire time I have played the game.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-10-2006 09:04:17 AM
quote:
Bajah startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
And don't let Bloodsage fool you, either. Anyone who disagrees with his methods of doing things is labelled a 'smurf.'

That said, I never disagreed with his intentions. Just his method of doing so. There's no need to be a dick about it, but there's no need to be a care bear about it, either. Believe it or not, it's not impossible to share information without being condescending.

Lesson for the day!

Bullshit. Nothing about what I said was being a dick. You, on the other hand, did exactly what you accuse me of: attack anyone with a different method of doing things. Jesus, if you're going to be holier-than-thou, at least have the brains to make sure you're not also being a hypocrite.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: