EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, I got to spend an evening with Chuck Norris.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-07-2006 02:29:14 AM
Well, not in the biblical sense.

Friday night I had free tickets to the World Combat League Championships. UBT and I went. The WCL is the new martial arts league that Chuck Norris started.

It's this hardcore kickboxing league. The guys and chicks can't act with any sort of passivity at all. If they do, they get points docked. They do the combat in timed rounds like in boxing matches, but in halves like in football. They work in teams from cities, they were calling it turf wars.

It was really violent. It was really fun. I was like omg.. I am having fun watching these people knock each other senseless. wtf.. why did I just tell that guy to rip that other guys head off and shit down his neck?? WHY?

And yes, Chuck Norris was there.. and they did all the Chuck Norris jokes over the PA and he just sat there and laughed. He did most of the MCing of the night. It was pretty cool.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-07-2006 03:43:04 AM
quote:
Nae attempted to be funny by writing:
wtf.. why did I just tell that guy to rip that other guys head off and shit down his neck?? WHY?

The thought of you saying that is both humorous and disturbing... o.o

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-07-2006 04:10:12 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-07-2006 09:04:16 AM
Walker told me I have AIDS.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-07-2006 09:10:03 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about (_|_):

They had that exact product for sale at the one souveneir store I stopped off at in vegas recently

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-07-2006 10:40:29 AM
quote:
Azymyth had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
The thought of you saying that is both humorous and disturbing... o.o

This guy kicked another guy in the nuts. The kid was bent over double trying to recover. The guy that did it, turned to the crowd, and started getting them to cheer the kid on. So the match could continue.

The smashed nuts kid, looked up, saw an opportunity and kicked the other guy in the back while his back was turned. It was totally uncool. The guy recovered super fast though, did a spin kick to the kid's ear and knocked him the fuck out.

The whole night was full of fights like that. we saw a guy get his ribs broken, a guy fall down and start convulsing.. another guy could barely walk out of the ring his leg was so messed up.

It was awesome.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-08-2006 03:50:23 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Nae said:
This guy kicked another guy in the nuts. The kid was bent over double trying to recover. The guy that did it, turned to the crowd, and started getting them to cheer the kid on. So the match could continue.

The smashed nuts kid, looked up, saw an opportunity and kicked the other guy in the back while his back was turned. It was totally uncool.

And kicking someone in the nuts is?

If kicking in the nuts is legal, wailing on someone when their back is turned is most definitely fair play.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 03-08-2006 03:54:33 PM
quote:
From the book of Reynar, chapter 3, verse 16:
And kicking someone in the nuts is?

If kicking in the nuts is legal, wailing on someone when their back is turned is most definitely fair play.

Maradon!
posted 03-08-2006 05:14:57 PM
Smells STAAAAAAAGED to me.

In order to obtain liscensing for that sort of thing, safety must be paramount. According to law. My boss set up indie wrestling events, so I know what kind of regulation goes into this sort of thing. Greivous bodily harm has to be either incredibly unlikely or incredibly fake.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 03-08-2006 09:34:11 PM
quote:
Maradon! wrote this stupid crap:
In order to obtain liscensing for that sort of thing, safety must be paramount. According to law. My boss set up indie wrestling events, so I know what kind of regulation goes into this sort of thing. Greivous bodily harm has to be either incredibly unlikely or incredibly fake.

Is it still around?, your stories about it where awesome back in the day (espaiclly the introduction one)

Also, what about boxing and stuff? In many of the variants safety doesnt seem overly prioritized.

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Maradon!
posted 03-08-2006 09:59:54 PM
quote:
Leftover Moging:
Is it still around?, your stories about it where awesome back in the day (espaiclly the introduction one)

Also, what about boxing and stuff? In many of the variants safety doesnt seem overly prioritized.

1) Yes, I actually talked to him about a month ago. They now have a regular weekly show and draw crowds of ~60 people (huge for an indie event)

2) Safety is absolutely paramount in boxing. Actions that would cause permenant injury (headbutting, below the belt) are very much against the rules, fighters have their own personal dedicated doctors, there's ambulances at the ready. Watch a fight where a guy is actually injured to see what I mean.

The variants you're thinking of (UFC, etc.) are mostly staged.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-08-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 03-08-2006 10:04:17 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Maradon!:
1) Yes, I actually talked to him about a month ago. They now have a regular weekly show and draw crowds of ~60 people (huge for an indie event)

2) Safety is absolutely paramount in boxing. Actions that would cause permenant injury (headbutting, below the belt) are very much against the rules, fighters have their own personal dedicated doctors, there's ambulances at the ready. Watch a fight where a guy is actually injured to see what I mean.

I'm sure any event has to ahev a good medical staff on hand, im not arguing that

My friend from school does something I think called free boxing, tahts alot bigger in asia, hes showed me videos and its like the craziest thing in the world, I forgot the exact restrictions, ill ask him tomorow, but im pretty sure i saw poeple getting punched in the face alot, and he keeps coming to school with a new missing tooth

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Maradon!
posted 03-08-2006 10:23:57 PM
quote:
Leftover Moging:
My friend from school does something I think called free boxing, tahts alot bigger in asia, hes showed me videos and its like the craziest thing in the world, I forgot the exact restrictions, ill ask him tomorow, but im pretty sure i saw poeple getting punched in the face alot, and he keeps coming to school with a new missing tooth

It's probably illegal to charge admission for it.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-09-2006 12:44:27 AM
The rules are posted on their website.

It didn't look like the kick to the nuts was aimed. It looked to me like he was aiming for a kick to the chest, but the kid was pretty short, and the way he was moving at the time, he accidentally blocked it with his nads.

The guy tried to apologise for the kick, but the kid wasn't having any of it. He was trying to get the crowd to cheer him on, to encourage him to continue the match, when the kid ran up and kicked him in the back.

You kinda had to be there to see what I mean. The guy that did the nut-kicking honestly didn't seem like an asshole. The other kid did.

Nae fucked around with this message on 03-09-2006 at 12:45 AM.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 03-09-2006 01:39:45 AM
quote:
From the book of Maradon!, chapter 3, verse 16:

UFC is not fake. It is also actually more safe than boxing. Despite the allowance of many more maneuvers, the way they end matches (Referee's decision, basically) is alot safer than a 10-count. If someone keeps getting up, wailed on, knocked back down...that can very easily cause alot of permanent damage. UFC officials, on the other hand, call a match as soon as they see one person being attacked without the ability to protect themself. Or upon submission, etc.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-09-2006 01:41:09 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Nae stammered:
You kinda had to be there to see what I mean. The guy that did the nut-kicking honestly didn't seem like an asshole. The other kid did.

If somebody boots me in the nuts I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-09-2006 09:51:49 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Pirotess:
If somebody boots me in the nuts I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Then don't get in the ring where the chances of it happening are real. It's why they wear a cup.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 03-09-2006 12:13:41 PM
quote:
Vallo had this to say about the Spice Girls:
UFC is not fake. It is also actually more safe than boxing. Despite the allowance of many more maneuvers, the way they end matches (Referee's decision, basically) is alot safer than a 10-count. If someone keeps getting up, wailed on, knocked back down...that can very easily cause alot of permanent damage. UFC officials, on the other hand, call a match as soon as they see one person being attacked without the ability to protect themself. Or upon submission, etc.

QFT. I don't really see how you could call UFC fake or staged.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-09-2006 12:35:44 PM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
QFT. I don't really see how you could call UFC fake or staged.

...he was supporting people that called the UFC real, he wasn't calling it staged or fake...

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 03-09-2006 12:43:25 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
...he was supporting people that called the UFC real, he wasn't calling it staged or fake...

Yeah, sorry. I was quoting Vallo to agree with him, and saying I don't see how Maradon could call the UFC fake. Should have made it clearer.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-09-2006 01:14:06 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:

That one show we went to was pretty awesome, haha. No wonder it's drawing big crowds.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-09-2006 01:42:53 PM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit wrote this stupid crap:
Yeah, sorry. I was quoting Vallo to agree with him, and saying I don't see how Maradon could call the UFC fake. Should have made it clearer.

Not to mention I've seen QFT used to mean "Quoted for truth" and "Quit fucking talking".

So seeing QFT then what you said made me take it as you telling Vallo to stfu

Maradon!
posted 03-09-2006 06:00:20 PM
Maybe UFC isn't what I'm thinking about. The UFC I have in mind was basically the WWF but the sort where guys used hidden razor blades and alum to fake bloody wounds.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-09-2006 06:02:19 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about (_|_):
Maybe UFC isn't what I'm thinking about. The UFC I have in mind was basically the WWF but the sort where guys used hidden razor blades and alum to fake bloody wounds.

Maybe TNT Impact? The crazy stunts they pull in that show sure are pretty rehearsed, but it is impressive watching a guy jump off a 20 foot high steel gate, wrap his legs around a guys neck and flip him over.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Sean
posted 03-09-2006 06:08:12 PM
quote:
Maradon! don't surf!

UFC's pretty nice, but all pales before MMA Pride fighting.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 03-09-2006 07:56:07 PM
Ew. Pride sucks. Half the guys I know could be near the top of their weightclass in Pride.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-09-2006 08:17:29 PM
hee hee hee "the shot was aimed at his chest but it looked like the other guy blocked it with his nads!"
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: