EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Help fix my sisters computer!
Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 03-05-2006 12:46:52 AM
I'm sorry to bug everyone, but justlike everyone else in the world, my stepsister compeltly ignroes me when i say "hay, maybey downloading free screensavers istn a good idea" so anyway, her computer was so overflowing with virus and spyware that i just had to reinstall windows, and thent he fun began!

She had lost her drivers cd and i had no idea what was inside her machine was problem number one, but then i dicoverd the joys of everest, wich let me get the videocard and ethernet working, but i cant for the live of me get sound

Its a crappy emachine with onboard sound, the sound 'card' according to everest is intel 82801db ich4 – ac'97 audio controller[b-0] the mobo is a "Intel seabreeze D845GVSR". THIS is where I got the drivers for the ethernet and video card, but the audio drivers didnt work

Thanks in advanced, and if you aheva ny nmore qustiosn feel free to ask

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 03-05-2006 01:20:44 AM
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4400.html Try those drivers, pretty sure they will work.
Leftover Mog
posted 03-05-2006 02:05:04 AM
quote:
Mike the Butcher had this to say about Tron:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4400.html Try those drivers, pretty sure they will work.

Everytime I tried to install it windows restarded halfway through

I tried to install it in safemode, it 'sucesffuly' installed. but then windows would restart after the screen with the loading bar, so i reverted to before i isntalled your driver

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-05-2006 02:28:36 AM
why don't you get them from Intel

seriously

edit: it appears intel doesn't make sound devices! or at least they don't offer drivers for them. silly me

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 03-05-2006 at 02:32 AM.

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 03-05-2006 02:50:38 AM
quote:
Leftover Mog had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Everytime I tried to install it windows restarded halfway through

I tried to install it in safemode, it 'sucesffuly' installed. but then windows would restart after the screen with the loading bar, so i reverted to before i isntalled your driver

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/205/205636.htm Try those, seems like Emachines doesnt even have the right drivers on their site.

Leftover Mog
posted 03-05-2006 11:14:14 AM
Thanks alot!, im sorry to have ahd to ask, but iwas pounding away at google with no luck

and keg, heh, I cheked intels website, they ahd their graphics driver but none of the toehrs i needed (not even usb or ethernet)

Won't you be my friend

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 03-05-2006 12:14:16 PM
quote:
Leftover Mog got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Thanks alot!, im sorry to have ahd to ask, but iwas pounding away at google with no luck

and keg, heh, I cheked intels website, they ahd their graphics driver but none of the toehrs i needed (not even usb or ethernet)

Yeah took me a while to find the intel 82801DB drivers, found alot of the 82801AA drivers along with others, but that specific version was a turd to find.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: