EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Space Cowboy
nem-x
posted 02-23-2006 08:03:09 PM
Let's get another fad going

Go!

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-23-2006 08:38:33 PM
Some people call me the Space Cowboy.
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 02-23-2006 08:55:41 PM
Whats umm interesting?
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Sean
posted 02-23-2006 09:12:37 PM
Where do Koreans get all this damn bandwidth?
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Peter
Pancake
posted 02-23-2006 09:33:29 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about John Romero:
Where do Koreans get all this damn bandwidth?

South Korea Is supposed to be like one of the most connected countries in the world. I think it was Wired that had an article on this. The idea is that unlike many other countries, the majority of Korea’s communications structure is not copper, but fiber right from the get go. Couple this with them basing their laws governing the phones and crap off of this. (From my understanding analog modems hit a standstill with 56k not because of the hardware, but from FCC regulation on voltage over phoneline.)

Nutshell they got New hot shit from the get go, rather than having to deal with busted old crap to get rid of.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 02-23-2006 11:06:08 PM
anyoen tried it yet?, is it anygood

I jsut aquired a wingman wich looks prettyf ucken abdass but i had no games to play it with

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Maradon!
posted 02-23-2006 11:18:59 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Peter who doth quote:
Nutshell they got New hot shit from the get go, rather than having to deal with busted old crap to get rid of.

Ever wonder why the bulk of America's communications infrastructure is pre-WW2?

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 02-24-2006 12:44:49 AM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

Because we're lazy and too cheep to replace it all with nice and shiny new stuff?

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-24-2006 01:50:22 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Sakkra wrote:
Some people call me the Space Cowboy.

Some call me the gangster of love.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Peter
Pancake
posted 02-24-2006 06:38:04 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

Because it is expensive as hell to replace old struture of any sort.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 02-24-2006 04:24:35 PM
quote:
Peter was naked while typing this:
South Korea Is supposed to be like one of the most connected countries in the world. I think it was Wired that had an article on this. The idea is that unlike many other countries, the majority of Korea’s communications structure is not copper, but fiber right from the get go. Couple this with them basing their laws governing the phones and crap off of this. (From my understanding analog modems hit a standstill with 56k not because of the hardware, but from FCC regulation on voltage over phoneline.)

Most of South Korea's population is concentrated in a small area as well.

We have major cities all across the US covering a huge geographical area.

Metro-Ethernet is the way to go, my company has a 10mb connection burstable to 100mb. But it is still only available in large cities.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-24-2006 05:01:44 PM
quote:
Tarquinn still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
Some call me the gangster of love.

SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE (BWAAA-BWAO)

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Sean
posted 02-24-2006 05:04:33 PM
So what exactly is this game and why have I downloaded it
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-24-2006 05:40:56 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
So what exactly is this game and why have I downloaded it

Install it and play the tutorial that comes up after you make your first character.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 02-24-2006 05:49:31 PM
CrazyGranny here.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 02-24-2006 06:05:16 PM
Are we cowboys going around and collecting bounties? Do we get an annoying little kid and a crazy woman with big breasts? Please say we do pleaseee.

Oh yeh, Dorock here

nem-x
posted 02-24-2006 06:16:56 PM
In as Nemx. Level 17 B-Gear

And to whisper to people, add them to your friends list and double click them.
Just don't go chatting when out flying because your controls will seriously fuck up if you move your mouse over the private chat window.

And you can only message people in your nation, so go join ANI when you hit 11.

nem-x fucked around with this message on 02-24-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Maradon!
posted 02-24-2006 08:39:57 PM
I can't sign up. Won't load in IE, won't let me enter a user ID in firefox.
Lashanna
noob
posted 02-24-2006 08:51:39 PM
I play as Lancea, level 16 I-Gear, ANI as well.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 02-24-2006 10:27:12 PM
Not really enjoying the controls too much. Game seems okie, but what am I not getting for it to 'click'?
nem-x
posted 02-24-2006 11:26:10 PM
You can invert the controls in the options

And if you're on ANI already, tell me your name so I can add you to the brigade

nem-x fucked around with this message on 02-24-2006 at 11:27 PM.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 02-24-2006 11:34:21 PM
I am not eleven yet. It is kind of hard to try to get into this game with a bajillion people running around my room, so I am just going to try later.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 02-25-2006 12:54:52 AM
I am Khrynn. I have some guns for those of you who hit 11-15ish. Some nice level 11 rockets, some nice level 13 rockets, a badass level 13 gun, etc.

I'll keep all the crap I loot in case one of you all needs it.

I personally prefer my B-Gear. I tried the others, and I found B-Gear was what I enjoyed the most. Versatile & powerful.

Mort should give it a try. He enjoyed Freelancer; this game is very, very reminiscient of that, in controls at least...

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 02-25-2006 01:02:45 AM
I dont have IE and i cant reg an acount with opera, if someoen woudlnt midbn making me an acount though id be forever in the debt
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

nem-x
posted 02-25-2006 08:17:56 AM
If you can't sign up, post the e-mail address you want to be used.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-25-2006 10:56:21 AM
I've just registered onoes.
Maradon!
posted 02-25-2006 11:20:27 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into nem-x who doth quote:
If you can't sign up, post the e-mail address you want to be used.

Still can't sign up today.

maradon@gmail.com

please

Khyron
posted 02-25-2006 12:19:04 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Still can't sign up today.

maradon@gmail.com

please

I had a similar issue to yours with my laptop. The screen would load blank white with IE. However, I tried it with my desktop, and it worked.

I've sent you a PM with your account details

Khyron fucked around with this message on 02-25-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-25-2006 02:03:47 PM
Still only one thread, no one going ape-shit over it.

Fad status: Failure.

Khyron
posted 02-25-2006 02:50:30 PM
quote:
Mortious attempted to be funny by writing:
Still only one thread, no one going ape-shit over it.

Fad status: Failure.

Go download it and see if you like it. I think it's fun.

nem-x
posted 02-25-2006 06:07:03 PM
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 02-25-2006 09:06:22 PM
quote:
Karnaj got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE (BWAAA-BWAO)

'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love.

Mod
Pancake
posted 02-25-2006 10:43:48 PM
Could have been a fun game with more flying around and killing people and less ragnarok in space click the npc to make numbers go up.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Khyron
posted 02-26-2006 12:57:59 AM
The game is retardedly easy until level 25, when you move out into the desert. Staying behind enemies is child's play, and they very, very rarely get a shot off on you. There's no real dogfighting other than the mad circling to be the one behind the other one.

Out in the desert, things get interesting. Out there, enemies fly around in packs, help each other out, fly very well (Circling low on the ground where it's difficult for you to get a solid hit in on them, while their buddies up above rain missley death down upon you), and generally behave in a very unfriendly manner. I'm enjoying the desert far more than I did the other lands.

Khyron
posted 02-26-2006 02:57:52 AM
A very big tip for newbies :

You automatically target the first thing that is centered in your crosshairs. If you need to change targets, hit SHIFT to un-lock your current target, and point at a new one.

Had a few people ask about that, so I thought it best to throw out here.

Also, I would personally recommend going with a B-Gear or I-Gear your first time playing. A-Gear has a very nice starting gun, but the advanced weapon blows chunks, and the Tank Mode is too situational to be useful most of the time, IMO.

But that's just me.

EDIT - Another little tip. If you want to see what your ship will look like later in the game, go to the Gear Shop and click on the armor. Don't buy it (You probably can't anyways), just click and it will update the model of your ship in the preview window.

What's nice is that you can see other Gear's equipment the same way - just click and it modifies the model you can see. The B-Gear and the I-Gear look sweet at level 48+. The M-Gear is pure ass, and the A-Gear is 'meh'.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 02-26-2006 at 03:30 AM.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 02-26-2006 10:45:18 AM
I'm having the same problem Maradon was having...

If someone wants to make an account for me, my address is zephyer_kyuukaze@yahoo.com and I'd like my account to be Zephyer, or Zephyjackal if it's taken.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Maradon!
posted 02-26-2006 11:04:02 AM
A-FRAME FTW.

Sure, the advanced weapon blows goats, but there are more and better main gun options, your defense and fuel consumption is much better, and tank mode is handy for those cave missions where stuff is buzzing around and you can't get a bead on them without slamming into the walls multiple times.

Ironically, tank mode would be downright awesome if only they'd allow you to stay in first person. For some infuriating reason, tank mode ALWAYS defaults to 3rd person.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 02-26-2006 at 11:04 AM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-26-2006 12:47:03 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Maradon! said this:
A-FRAME FTW.

Sure, the advanced weapon blows goats, but there are more and better main gun options, your defense and fuel consumption is much better, and tank mode is handy for those cave missions where stuff is buzzing around and you can't get a bead on them without slamming into the walls multiple times.

Ironically, tank mode would be downright awesome if only they'd allow you to stay in first person. For some infuriating reason, tank mode ALWAYS defaults to 3rd person.

That's what Siege Mode is for.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Khyron
posted 02-26-2006 01:32:39 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I'm having the same problem Maradon was having...

If someone wants to make an account for me, my address is zephyer_kyuukaze@yahoo.com and I'd like my account to be Zephyer, or Zephyjackal if it's taken.

Done. Detailed sent in PM.

Also, keep your silly little tanks. I shall stick with my B-Gear, with its Bombing mode (Where it's possible to turn a 4-missile salvo, into a 20-missile salvo), quick 180 turns, and an overall much better looking frame (Especially at later levels)

Maradon!
posted 02-26-2006 02:00:03 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Khyron booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Done. Detailed sent in PM.

Also, keep your silly little tanks. I shall stick with my B-Gear, with its Bombing mode (Where it's possible to turn a 4-missile salvo, into a 20-missile salvo), quick 180 turns, and an overall much better looking frame (Especially at later levels)

Maybe this changes, but I honestly haven't seen anything on the ground worth shooting at.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: