EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I don't know what's funnier...
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-16-2006 11:52:45 AM
The insane amount of mobs running around Silithus on Elune...

Or the immense hatred for the server's big alliance guild

It's an absolute comedyfest on the boards right now.

Recommended Reading:

What to do if AV opens the AQ gate early

AQ Gate

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 02-16-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Maradon!
posted 02-16-2006 12:26:02 PM
On our server "RAR", the big alliance guild, and Juggernaut the big horde guild kinda "cooperated" with the gong quest, meaning Juggernaut finished their gong then helped RAR with theirs.

Then RAR started grandstanding and saying they had the right to ring the gong because their scepter had been finished most recently, or something retarded like that.

Talonus
Loner
posted 02-16-2006 04:53:35 PM
Not that I care, but the guild does have a lot of assholes and elitists. Of course, all the bigger guilds on the server have a lot of assholes and elitists too. I can see why the hate is there.
Maradon!
posted 02-16-2006 05:00:26 PM
What constitutes an elitest really?

Jugg on our server is kinda cloistered. They killed nefarion before anyone else on the server had killed razorgore. I hear rumors that their guild leader is a self centered asshole, but they do fun things sometimes. When our guild became the second on the server to work through to nefarion they had a pvp night out with us in congratulations, which was pretty fun.

As far as I can tell, though, the big alliance guild is populated almost exclusively by 13 year olds and perhaps chimpanzees.

Maradon!
posted 02-16-2006 05:02:49 PM
BTW, the colossi were easy. They never, ever regenerated HP. As long as people took a potshot as they passed by, they would eventually drop.
Demos
Pancake
posted 02-16-2006 11:43:56 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Maradon! stammered:
BTW, the colossi were easy. They never, ever regenerated HP. As long as people took a potshot as they passed by, they would eventually drop.

I heard you can take em down if you just train them to the troops at cenarion hold; true?

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Maradon!
posted 02-17-2006 04:48:36 AM
quote:
x--DemosO-('-'Q) :
I heard you can take em down if you just train them to the troops at cenarion hold; true?

Rumor.

They warstomp for 5000 damage, sometimes twice in rapid succession (you know because every time it does it, the whole zone receives a "Colossus of Ashi unleashes a massive attack" emote), with a range roughly the size of an entire hive. If you can see the colossus, odds are good it's warstomp will hit you.

For staters, it would be impossible to train it to CH since it would just warstomp and kill your ass. I don't know if they're even able to leave the hives.

Second, even if you managed to get it to CH it would just warstomp a couple times and kill all the NPC's there.

The only way to quickly kill a colossus is to get everybody to strip naked and just zerg the everloving shit out of them. Killing them gives no rep, and they have no drops. Anybody who tells you different is making shit up.

The reward for killing them is that after one dies, a fedex quest in CH is activated for you to go talk to one of three faction guys (booty bay, AD, and TB as I recall) who will give you a huge faction gain with their faction and also give you a "Colossal Bag of Loot" which usually contains 1 or 2 level 60 greens, a few full stacks of good food, and a few stacks of higher end trade items. One guy in my guild got a stack of 20 black lotus.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 02-17-2006 at 04:54 AM.

Flea
Pancake
posted 02-17-2006 07:29:45 AM
What the shit is you talking about? Granted, Hive'Zora's and Hive'Regal's collossus can't be trained to CH, but we did manage to train the Hive'Ashi one to it and the NPC's beat the ever loving shit out of it. The lucky son of a bitch who had the tap on it got like 2k rep for killing it, and a couple purples. A brain hacker, and a back that had 15 fire resist and did 5 fire damage when struck with melee. Crap, but epic nonetheless.

Of course our server was the third to have the gates opened, so Blizzard might have gotten rid of the loot they drop.

Maradon!
posted 02-17-2006 08:33:18 AM
Nobody got anything off any of the three colossi on my server, not even faction. When we tried to train the ashi colossus to CH, it wouldn't leave the hive area for anything.
Yuri
posted 02-17-2006 08:54:34 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:
Nobody got anything off any of the three colossi on my server, not even faction. When we tried to train the ashi colossus to CH, it wouldn't leave the hive area for anything.

They drop random world epics (2 of them). Also, they are easily trainable, if you choose to do it that way. When we took down the Ashi Collusus, it took us 1 try to get it to 30% and then the next attempt killed it. (Hint: The AE is LoSable and the hives have many little caverns)

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 02-17-2006 11:08:35 AM
quote:
This one time, at Maradon! camp:
One guy in my guild got a stack of 20 black lotus.

Wow, that's like minimum 400 gold (black lotus goes for about 20 gold on Zul'jin). I never got to finish that quest because our internet went down and by the time it got back online the colossi were dead and the stupid sample husk had disapeared in my inventory.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 02-17-2006 03:02:43 PM
The Collosus were designed to be killed by the NPCs in CH.

See Yuri's screenshot where he failed to black out raid chat and Furor was feeding his guild strats on how to kill them.

Maradon!
posted 02-18-2006 03:40:55 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Snoota who doth quote:
See Yuri's screenshot where he failed to black out raid chat and Furor was feeding his guild strats on how to kill them.

You mean the one where a friend of a friend of furor was telling them to train it to CH but then they later decided that they couldn't to do that and just killed them at the hives?

Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 02-19-2006 03:05:26 AM
Fury of War on Bloodhoof screwed the server over too.

Less than 24 hour notice, and like AV, they're either REALLY hated, or just slightly liked.

I just plain don't like 'em

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-19-2006 11:14:19 AM
Welcome to Detheroc.

All the high end guilds (Sargeras Transfers, for the most part, although Offense is getting there) did the scepter quest for the uber guild, Imperial Order. (I'm in the other uber uber guild, Phoenix).

Basically, having the scepter is like holding a time bomb. You either open it when everyone can experience it, and there's a 85%+ chance of nobody getting to do much of anything (YAY SERVERS), or you open it for the high end-guilds and all the lowbies hate you, and you have at least managable lag to get some rep.

Thanks, Blizzard!

P.S.: IO's opening time is a secret for the most part to the non-high end guilds.

Lenlalron Flameblaster fucked around with this message on 02-19-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Addy
posted 02-19-2006 04:46:52 PM
quote:
Redmage Darkrayver spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Fury of War on Bloodhoof screwed the server over too.

Less than 24 hour notice, and like AV, they're either REALLY hated, or just slightly liked.

I just plain don't like 'em

Nah I looked at Bloodhoof's boards, doesn't look like it was announced on short notice.

Len is right; having the scepter IS a timebomb. Like people said on our server's boards, there is no real good set time. Although it was a pretty bad mistake to announce it that late, but stuff happens.

As to AV being hated... actually we really aren't compared to other guilds. Yes we'll get hate threads on the boards at times (at least now), but the majority of people respect us more than the other top guilds. We do have some assholes, but it's impossible to find a guild without one. We probably have one of the more mature player bases on our server (age/lives/families/etc).

Addy fucked around with this message on 02-19-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-19-2006 11:47:05 PM
P.S.

This is how you open the gates.

Greatest. Thread. Ever.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-realm-detheroc&T=67319&P=1

Edit: wrong thread.

Lenlalron Flameblaster fucked around with this message on 02-19-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Lashanna
noob
posted 02-19-2006 11:56:07 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Addy:

As to AV being hated... actually we really aren't compared to other guilds. Yes we'll get hate threads on the boards at times (at least now), but the majority of people respect us more than the other top guilds. We do have some assholes, but it's impossible to find a guild without one. We probably have one of the more mature player bases on our server (age/lives/families/etc).

I was going to make a post like this, but I was late.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 02-20-2006 12:35:56 AM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster had this to say about Punky Brewster:
P.S.

Greatest. Thread. Ever.

*golf clap*

Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 02-20-2006 12:41:35 AM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster attempted to be funny by writing:
P.S.

Greatest. Thread. Ever.

Wow, that thread delivers.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 02-20-2006 01:02:03 AM
quote:
SeƱor Gains had this to say about Captain Planet:
Wow, that thread delivers.

Hahahaha no kidding

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-20-2006 01:30:34 AM
quote:
Addy thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

AV is, by far, the most mature of the uberguilds I've ever seen in a game.

And yeah -- I love how uberguilds have one person that acts like an ass and "omg AV is evli and assholes" but regular guilds have assholes too.

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 02-20-2006 01:41:49 AM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster's fortune cookie read:
P.S.

Greatest. Thread. Ever.

The thread itself is pretty funny but what I don't get is why being an ass is a good thing.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 02-20-2006 01:49:36 AM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
P.S.

Greatest. Thread. Ever.

I really wish GG could be stricken from all languages. It doesn't even mean anything anymore; it's like the internet flame war equivalent of playing cowboys and indians.

"Kapow, kapow, ha ha, got you! GG noob."
"Nuh-uh, I pwned you, noob. GG plz."

EDIT: However, I think may precede all my future posts with, "Posting in a legendary thread."

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 02-20-2006 at 01:50 AM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: