EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So I'm going to throw a party in a bit more than a week
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 02-15-2006 04:50:35 PM
What kind of booze should I have? On the relatively cheap side.

I'm thinking for doing shots:
Jack Daniels
Crazy Sour Apple Stuff
Crazy Carmel stuff (Mix the two, and you get shots of carmel apple goodness)
Smirnoff Vodka

For regular drinky drinks:
Smirnoff Twisteds
Mike's Hard Lemonaid
Possibly some New Castle

I'm really fishing for more suggestions on what I should get for easy mixed drinks or shots. I know the Smirnoff is pretty light, but I like it, and it'll go over fairly well for light drinks with my crowd.

I'm only planning on having a dozen or so people coming, so no need for a keg.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-15-2006 05:14:04 PM
You should have three alcoholic beverages for the party:

1 Beer,
1 Shooter, and
1 cocktail/mixed drink.

Otherwise, you're going to play bartender all goddamn night long. I like to mix up a pitcher of a shooter called Blue Balls and keep it in the fridge, get two cases of the same kind of beer, and keep the ingredients for, say, frozen Midori Margaritas out and ready to go. And, of course, soda/juice for the DDs.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-15-2006 05:20:23 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Karnaj was all like:
And, of course, soda/juice for the DDs.

Yes. Don't forget that.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 02-15-2006 05:49:23 PM
Mixing equal parts Irish Cream (Bailey's or cheap knock-off) and Buttershots (butterscotch liquer) over ice makes a Buttery Nipple, which is great as a chick-drink. About 60 proof IIRC, and you can't taste the alcohol. Also really sweet.

I tend to go for The Glenlivet for myself, but Seagram's 7-Crown (Canadian mixed whiskey) is great for mixing with just about anything. 7-7 (7-Crown and 7-Up) is great. 7-Crown and Coke is also acceptable.

Big Easy fucked around with this message on 02-15-2006 at 05:49 PM.

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-15-2006 06:51:52 PM
I'll respond to this later when I have more time, but what is the orientation of this party? Mostly dudes? Mostly chicks?
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-15-2006 07:56:24 PM
Smirnoff is peasant vodka. I wouldn't soil my kidneys with the stuff. Spend a few more bucks and spring for a good bottle of Stoli.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 02-15-2006 08:09:06 PM
Shitloads of Blackthorn's cider. Easy to drink (though I prefer Scrumpy) and gets you shit-faced in only a few pints.

(edit: oops, didn't see the mixed drinks thing)

Niklas fucked around with this message on 02-15-2006 at 08:09 PM.

BetaTested
posted 02-15-2006 09:21:20 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I'll respond to this later when I have more time, but what is the orientation of this party? Mostly dudes? Mostly chicks?

Mostly dudes. One chick, possibly, that may as well be a dude from the way she acts(She's cool tho), the other is pregger and thusly DD.

Specifically mostly dudes that I game with, or geeks in the non-computer terms. Cool people, but not tremendous drinkers.

A good friend of mine is going to be playing key dispenser, and he's a good judge of it, most are going to be encouraged to stay til dawn to prove soberness anyway. It's going to be on a friday night, so most won't have anything to do the next day.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 02-15-2006 09:43:43 PM
I personally drink a lot of scotch. Scotch on the rocks, or Scotch with cola.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 02-15-2006 10:23:55 PM
What kind of crazy parties have the host buying all the booze?! Christ, as young as 15 all I remember is that everyone bought their own beer, and if liquor was needed, you chipped in on the 60 oz bottles of shitty smirnoff.
BetaTested
posted 02-15-2006 10:48:01 PM
quote:
Verily, Liam doth proclaim:
What kind of crazy parties have the host buying all the booze?! Christ, as young as 15 all I remember is that everyone bought their own beer, and if liquor was needed, you chipped in on the 60 oz bottles of shitty smirnoff.

Another general rule of thumb with this particular group is they'll all bring some money to pitch in on the cost of the party. Some will, some won't, but I'll get some money back out, probably enough to cover the hard stuff.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-16-2006 12:43:09 AM
quote:
BetaTested's fortune cookie read:
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Beer.

Jack Daniel's.

That's it.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-16-2006 12:45:32 AM
Water.

Flavoured water.

Fuck I'm boring.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-16-2006 01:25:35 AM
Dear Mortious,

I wrote a short story about the English-Scottish conflicts of the 15th century. Every one has been brainwashed by Mel Gibson to believe that the English are a step behind the Nazis :\

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 02-16-2006 02:11:01 AM
And don't forget; no all male party is complete without one gay guy and a glory hole.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: