EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I just got back from New York City...
Mayor of Townsville
Pancake
posted 02-06-2006 06:51:06 PM
Very awesome place, and I got to do a lot. I went to the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Ground Zero, the United Nations building, saw my first Broadway play (Wicked), and even went on TRL (crappy show, but hey, I was on national TV! ).

I loved how each part of Manhattan felt like an entirely different city (for example, comparing Soho to Times Square to Chinatown), and how there always seem to be random people on the streets performing for people. Certainly more lively than Portland, Oregon, where the best we get is crazy people preaching stuff in Pioneer Square.

The city of Townsville... is entirely mine!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-06-2006 08:38:53 PM
When you work in Manhattan, it loses its charm. Quickly.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 02-06-2006 09:18:34 PM
Even after living their all my life, their still always so much new shit to discoer, lately ive ben prettybored, but jsut walking in random directiosn as far as i can has realy cahgned my mind, it is indeed an awesome place
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 02-06-2006 10:27:00 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mayor of Townsville:
Very awesome place, and I got to do a lot. I went to the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Ground Zero, the United Nations building, saw my first Broadway play (Wicked), and even went on TRL (crappy show, but hey, I was on national TV! ).

I loved how each part of Manhattan felt like an entirely different city (for example, comparing Soho to Times Square to Chinatown), and how there always seem to be random people on the streets performing for people. Certainly more lively than Portland, Oregon, where the best we get is crazy people preaching stuff in Pioneer Square.

but you can see all the good old weirdo's around skidmore fountain!

i saw a drug deal go down on the max near saturday market and the chick hopped off the train and told some mean lookin mexicans i saw, they started chasing the train. glad when those doors close, they stay closed.

Norim Stumpfighter fucked around with this message on 02-06-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2006 10:41:56 PM
New York sucks.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 02-06-2006 11:22:57 PM
How was Wicked? I enjoyed the concept of the story when I read the book, but the soundtrack to the stage play was a bit too predictable, and I thought it was rather disappointing.
Mayor of Townsville
Pancake
posted 02-06-2006 11:38:08 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Xyrra said:
How was Wicked? I enjoyed the concept of the story when I read the book, but the soundtrack to the stage play was a bit too predictable, and I thought it was rather disappointing.

I personally liked it, but one of the major factors could've been the production values and the acting being far above any play I've seen before. I also hadn't read the book before.

The city of Townsville... is entirely mine!
Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 02-07-2006 01:55:54 AM
quote:
Xyrra thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

I havent seen it, but my drama teacher back in highschool used to go ona dn on about how abd it was and how it was just a huge budget spectacle with no substance

That being said, thier is somethign to be said about well executed spectacles

Leftover Mog fucked around with this message on 02-07-2006 at 01:56 AM.

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: