EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I see lurkers.
Willias
Pancake
posted 02-01-2006 01:16:41 AM
ohoho

There are some people, like me, that do look at who's online!

Yo Jargum, what's up? I don't think I've heard too much from you since ET died out. > :(

And who else, is up there? Owindea? Yo, you should post here more. It's creepy here now. We have threads from 4 days ago on the front page. I remember when we'd have posts from the current day on the second page.

Cool people went into lurk mode and stopped posting, which isn't cool. You people should post more.

I also see 12 unregistered users online. What the crap? Unnamed freaks. Login or register and get a name or something. You guys are wierdin' me out.

This thread inspired by sleepiness and boredom.

edit: haet smilies

Willias fucked around with this message on 02-01-2006 at 01:17 AM.

LeMiere
posted 02-01-2006 01:33:20 AM
Haha. You actually care about board integrity.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-01-2006 01:35:31 AM
Yeah I pretty much gave up on this board being worthwhile a while back. I visit it out of habit.
Willias
Pancake
posted 02-01-2006 01:41:07 AM
quote:
LeMiere had this to say about (_|_):
Haha. You actually care about board integrity.

To be honest, I really like Evercrest, always have. There are some really cool people that post here, always have been. People get asshole-ish at times, but whatever, that's human nature. It would annoy me to no end if this board ever went down.

Which is why seeing a lack of posts is starting to annoy me. I don't know if it's that no one has anything interesting to talk about, or if no one cares to talk here any more. >:/

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 02-01-2006 01:46:51 AM
I've been just kind of contributing behind the scenes to a couple threads here and there and working on a project of mine/doing school stuff. ö
Call of Duty: United Offensive is my new ET, only without any EC or AV people.

Pretty much just lurk as usual though.

So, yeah, What's up?

Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-01-2006 01:52:31 AM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Robocop:
To be honest, I really like Evercrest, always have. There are some really cool people that post here, always have been. People get asshole-ish at times, but whatever, that's human nature. It would annoy me to no end if this board ever went down.

Which is why seeing a lack of posts is starting to annoy me. I don't know if it's that no one has anything interesting to talk about, or if no one cares to talk here any more. >:/

The general personality of these boards doesn't encourage anyone but oldest/most popular posters to post. Anything not of the very highest quality of wit (by this board's standards, not always easy to discern) is met with little beyond acerbic repartee and a crap vote.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-01-2006 01:53:31 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Kuroi Madoushi wrote:
The general personality of these boards doesn't encourage anyone but oldest/most popular posters to post. Anything not of the very highest quality of wit (by this board's standards, not always easy to discern) is met with little beyond acerbic repartee and a crap vote.

I'm glad I get by with my reg date because my wit certainly doesn't help me out

Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-01-2006 01:55:50 AM
quote:
Kegwen impressed everyone with:

I don't recall saying 'twas solely dependent upon reg date. Perhaps rephrasing it as "oldest and/or most popular" would better convey my intent?

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-01-2006 02:00:33 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Kuroi Madoushi:
I don't recall saying 'twas solely dependent upon reg date. Perhaps rephrasing it as "oldest and/or most popular" would better convey my intent?

It's not, but I'm just popular enough to not get yelled at every time I post. I don't hang out in the cool kids IRC channel (anymore) and I don't participate in the trolling circlejerks most of the time

edit: I don't know what I'm trying to get at here and I don't feel like rewording my poorly written post so I just added this instead

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 02-01-2006 at 02:01 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-01-2006 02:01:11 AM
I like to consider us as a condensed SA.

Not as much information or activity, but you know everyone and can get some quality conversation out of here.

LeMiere
posted 02-01-2006 02:10:51 AM
quote:
So quoth Kegwen:

Cheers to that.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 02-01-2006 02:25:56 AM
You guys are assholes, so I don't really post much. I come here every fucking day though, out of habit I guess.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
LeMiere
posted 02-01-2006 02:43:42 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Caid '5 Fists' Berrit stammered:
You guys are assholes, so I don't really post much. I come here every fucking day though, out of habit I guess.

The board attracts an unusual amount of masochists.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 02-01-2006 03:00:43 AM
quote:
LeMiere had this to say about Robocop:
The board attracts an unusual amount of masochists.

Says the Masochist's sidekick, Kinkyboy...

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 02-01-2006 03:01:22 AM
I am always lurking...right behind you.
Willias
Pancake
posted 02-01-2006 03:04:18 AM
quote:
How.... Caid '5 Fists' Berrit.... uughhhhhh:

Not all of us are. :/

Just the people who respond the most/the fastest are.

I will say though, that I think too much bashing is going on and it isn't needed. A good example is talking about MMOs. If you aren't talking about World of Warcraft, you can expect to see a few people bash the thread before it slips off the front page.

quote:

Not as much information or activity, but you know everyone and can get some quality conversation out of here.

I know that Drys pretty much took SA's rules and applied them here, but what makes these forums a "mini-SA"?

quote:
I've been just kind of contributing behind the scenes to a couple threads here and there and working on a project of mine/doing school stuff. ö
Call of Duty: United Offensive is my new ET, only without any EC or AV people.

Pretty much just lurk as usual though.

So, yeah, What's up?

Nothin' much. CoD's multiplayer good? If so, I may install it tomorrow or something. (Any recommendations on a server if I do?)

LeMiere
posted 02-01-2006 04:12:53 AM
quote:
Kaiote had this to say about pies:
Says the Masochist's sidekick, Kinkyboy...

See... I really don't understand what the hell you're referencing.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-01-2006 10:14:40 AM
I do.

And look out. Batty's lurking behind you.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 02-01-2006 01:56:54 PM
I noticed this. I figure this board will decline to the point where its only 3 or 4 posts a day by the end of the decade.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

LeMiere
posted 02-01-2006 04:13:25 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stammered:
I do.

And look out. Batty's lurking behind you.

It's not as exciting as he'd like it to be.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 02-01-2006 04:16:36 PM
This is true. But I am always watching you. Staring at you. I CAN SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW AND YOUR MOTHER WOULD NOT APPROVE.
LeMiere
posted 02-01-2006 04:42:12 PM
quote:
Batty had this to say about Optimus Prime:
This is true. But I am always watching you. Staring at you. I CAN SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW AND YOUR MOTHER WOULD NOT APPROVE.

Aha- but your mother -does- approve. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 02-01-2006 05:44:05 PM
Sup, Will
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-01-2006 06:37:24 PM
quote:
Batty had this to say about pies:

turns around and hugs Batty

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-01-2006 07:08:42 PM
quote:
Kael Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Sup, Will

Sup. How you been doin'?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-01-2006 07:22:26 PM
Dropped the zerker to play with dead things, eh?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 02-01-2006 07:24:13 PM
quote:
So quoth Willias:
Sup. How you been doin'?

Can't complain. My guild in WoW got their panties in a twist when I said that they weren't ready for ZG, then when they spend a week getting wtfpwn'd by the bat boss and I'm all like "I told you so". Yadda, yadda, yadda, they booted me and I've been playing CivIII, Guitar Hero, the odd round of Half-Life 1, and some handheld action with the GBA.

It's all good

Maradon!
posted 02-01-2006 11:09:33 PM
quote:
x--KaelO-('-'Q) :
Can't complain. My guild in WoW got their panties in a twist when I said that they weren't ready for ZG, then when they spend a week getting wtfpwn'd by the bat boss and I'm all like "I told you so". Yadda, yadda, yadda, they booted me and I've been playing CivIII, Guitar Hero, the odd round of Half-Life 1, and some handheld action with the GBA.

It's all good

What the fuck halfassed noob guild do you belong to that can't take ZG?

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-01-2006 11:11:55 PM
quote:
Maradon! obviously shouldn't have said:

DID belong to. They booted him for telling them they sucked.

Note, that Kael played on the Alliance. That only works out well like 15% of the time.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 02-02-2006 01:04:33 AM
I've been coming here for years and I'm not going to stop, though half the time I figure people would rather prefer it if I did. Boo hoo maudlin wah.

On the other hand, there are some really awesome people here whom I have absolutely no excuse for not being better friends with. I really need to stop being a lazyface and actually talk to you guys.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Maradon!
posted 02-02-2006 04:25:05 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Nicole booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I've been coming here for years and I'm not going to stop, though half the time I figure people would rather prefer it if I did. Boo hoo maudlin wah.

On the other hand, there are some really awesome people here whom I have absolutely no excuse for not being better friends with. I really need to stop being a lazyface and actually talk to you guys.

Like me, right?

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 02-02-2006 05:33:44 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan spewed forth this undeniable truth:

And you don't have to pay for the privledge.

Blackened
posted 02-02-2006 05:42:15 PM
quote:
Maradon!.
Like me, right?
no, me

You're a nobody named Maradon

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Kael
Whistlepig
posted 02-02-2006 06:49:26 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:

Yeah, Alliance. And they were halfassed noobs. D:

We had a nice group of 5 (including me) that new what the hell we were doing. Everyone else... just sucked, never listened, just went around all -like.

We even had a little race of us 5 good players vs 10 others in a race in Strat, we finished both sides before they even got to the cannonmaster D:

LeMiere
posted 02-02-2006 08:21:00 PM
I lurk on EC because I don't own WoW. :[
Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 02-02-2006 08:50:26 PM
This board always seemed to have the coolest poeple, and its awsome that alot of you are still around, honestly though, browsing the last few pages, i realy have no idea what kind of stuff to post anymore, and the psuedo closed doors probaply isnt any good for the comunity
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-02-2006 09:05:11 PM
quote:
Leftover Mog had this to say about Knight Rider:
This board always seemed to have the coolest poeple, and its awsome that alot of you are still around, honestly though, browsing the last few pages, i realy have no idea what kind of stuff to post anymore, and the psuedo closed doors probaply isnt any good for the comunity

How does your cluelessness translate into a psuedo-closed doors policy?

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 02-03-2006 02:08:28 AM
quote:
Verily, Mr. Parcelan doth proclaim:
How does your cluelessness translate into a psuedo-closed doors policy?

their completly unrelated.

While their is nothign stopping new members from joining, i dont see anything that would compel them to do so, the hook used to be the comic, then word of mouth, and while im sure that still happens to some degree, at the moment the majority of the poeple here have been here for years and i fail to see waht would attract new users

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-03-2006 02:09:36 AM
Lord knows it's not the intellect of the clientel.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-03-2006 02:17:30 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Lord knows it's not the intellect of the clientel.

Said clientele are notoriously anti-new people. I made a similar point not too longer ago about these boards not being very friendly to posting in general.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: