EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Secret Society
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 01-27-2006 01:21:11 PM
I was watching the History channel last night and they had this program on Secret groups.

It was like watching a Michael Moore program. It made a lot of sense but also had that "trying to rule the world" kind of feel to it. I was never into conspiracy theories, but after watching I want to be a Free Mason now. Reminds me of the episode of the Simpson’s were homer joins the Stone Cutters.

Makes watching the Manchurian Candidate seem more real. Both Bush presidents are members of the Skull and Bones group. They had a cool story on how Ronald Regan disliked these societies and ended up with George Bush as his running mate. Then 2 weeks after he gets elected he has an assassination attempt.

Just wanted to see what your point of view would be.

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-27-2006 01:24:47 PM
I could join the Stonemasons (Free Masons?) since my grandfather was one, but you need your father to be one as one of the pre-reqs and he doesn't want to.

I WANT TO JOIN DAMMIT. JUST FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 01-27-2006 at 01:26 PM.

Peter
Pancake
posted 01-27-2006 01:25:38 PM
quote:
OrangeBrand was naked while typing this:
...Free Mason now. Reminds me of the episode of the Simpson’s were homer joins the Stone Cutters.....

you realize that that episode was about spoofing the Masons?

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 01-27-2006 01:36:21 PM
Yes I do. It was funny as hell also.

I just want to wear one of the cool as robes without looking like a LARP'er. (no offense to LARP'ers)

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-27-2006 01:40:16 PM
I'll never forget Patrick Stewart in that episode bellowing out "Let's get drunk and play ping pong!"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-27-2006 03:11:30 PM
someone find the lyrics to the song they sang.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-27-2006 03:17:24 PM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael all over myself!
someone find the lyrics to the song they sang.

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?
Who made Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!

Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do! We do!

And that was from memory, so I may have screwed it up.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 01-27-2006 03:50:30 PM
quote:
Mortious obviously shouldn't have said:
I could join the Stonemasons (Free Masons?) since my grandfather was one, but you need your father to be one as one of the pre-reqs and he doesn't want to.

I WANT TO JOIN DAMMIT. JUST FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS.

Freemasons.

You're a freeborn man of age that believes in a supreme being, right? Essentially all you have to do is go ask them.

But, you will have to live to high moral standards.

[Edit: Mind you, "bragging rights" isn't a particularily good reason for joining...]

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 01-27-2006 at 04:03 PM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-27-2006 08:59:11 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mightion Defensor said:
I'll never forget Patrick Stewart in that episode bellowing out "Let's get drunk and play ping pong!"

Now let's all get drunk and play ping pong.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 01-27-2006 10:21:40 PM
I watched that same show on history channel. The "experts" they had were completely insane. The guy who kept saying "illuminati" over and over again has been known to say that George Bush and The British royal family are lizard people. The entire show was pretty bunk. Are their secret organizations? Sure. Do they control the entire world? probably not.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 01-27-2006 10:23:57 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Tarquinn wrote:
Now let's all get drunk and play ping pong.

That's going into my favorites.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 01-28-2006 03:35:17 AM
quote:
Pvednes had this to say about Pirotess:
Freemasons.

You're a freeborn man of age that believes in a supreme being, right? Essentially all you have to do is go ask them.

But, you will have to live to high moral standards.

[Edit: Mind you, "bragging rights" isn't a particularily good reason for joining...]

That would be one of the problems the Masons have to deal with: they can't go out and recruit, but they can't really announce themselves, either. So they use the Shriners to show how much fun you can have (lots of alcohol...), while still helping crippled or burned children.

Depending on where you're located, the Grand Lodge may have a website, such as the Grand Lodge of Texas. The Lodge Locator is pretty useful if you're looking for a Lodge in your area. Also, depending on the Jurisdiction, the age requirement varies between 18 (Illinois, Nebraska, a few others) and 21 (Texas and most other jurisdictions). More information is always a good thing.

The rule is: To be one, ask one.

Now you just have to find one....

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-28-2006 08:30:09 AM
Actually, they do recruit now in the states because their membership is flagging. All of my brothers and my father are Masons.
Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 02-02-2006 08:13:19 PM
My friend lives right next to a giant mason hall (has to be atleast 30 stories) and i realy wanna try and join, damn my agnosticism ;.;

Fromw aht ive heard their not so much an evil world controling organization as much as they are a mixd between a charitable organization and a bunch of guys just haning out doing random shit like drinking and fishing

( but when you get to the 33rd rite you find out that your secretly worshiping 1/20th of satan since your a member of the twentieth fo the number of the beast!)

Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 02-04-2006 09:03:06 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Leftover Mog said:
( but when you get to the 33rd rite you find out that your secretly worshiping 1/20th of satan since your a member of the twentieth fo the number of the beast!)

And the number 1 is exactly one 666th of the number of the Beast! OH NO!

[edit- Fuck UBB]

Ruvyen fucked around with this message on 02-04-2006 at 09:03 AM.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: