EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Passive eugenics FTW...
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 01-26-2006 01:25:30 AM
Found this in the Strange But True News on AOL:

Hiccup Scare Attempt Leads to Two Deaths

For those who might have problems with the link, I'll post whole thing:

quote:
Hiccup Scare Attempt Leads to Two Deaths
Reuters
BOGOTA, Colombia (Jan. 25) - A Colombian man accidentally shot his nephew to death while trying to cure his hiccups by pointing a revolver at him to scare him, police in the Caribbean port city of Barranquilla said on Tuesday.

After shooting 21-year-old university student David Galvan in the neck, his uncle, Rafael Vargas, 35, was so distraught he turned the gun on himself and committed suicide, police said.

The incident took place on Sunday night while the two were having drinks with neighbors.

Galvan started to hiccup and Vargas, who works as a security guard, said he would use the home remedy for hiccups of scaring him. He pulled out his gun, pointed it at Galvan and it accidentally went off, witnesses told local television.

"They were drinking but they were aware of what was going on," one witness said.

At least it cured his hiccups...

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-26-2006 01:35:43 AM
Lighting yourself on fire works pretty good as well.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Maradon!
posted 01-26-2006 01:59:40 AM
I'll never understand how these guns just "go off". The trigger on a double action is not that easy to pull.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-26-2006 07:53:13 AM
He probably forgot it was loaded, and went for that extra *click*.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-26-2006 01:59:44 PM
I've found that holding my breath cures my hiccups every single time...
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Alaan
posted 01-26-2006 09:40:17 PM
quote:
Densetsu wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I've found that holding my breath cures my hiccups every single time...

Works pretty well for me. For curing others, just say something completely random and nonsensical. "What about the squirrels?" is a family cure for hiccups!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: