EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Proposed Tax on Video Games and other "vices"
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 01-26-2006 12:27:36 AM
I normally don't get involved in political debates, hell politic in general are alien to me.. but I found this link rather amusing, in particular some of the proposals in this act, and Republican gubernational candidate Star Lockes' quest to "promote the general welfare and protect our future security for ourselves and our posterity"

The excerpt that caught my eye?

"SECTION 4.

[a] This COMMISSION shall levy a 100% of price sales cost tax for the sale on all item listed below:

1 . any video game containing any form of human violence. .

2. any machine, toy, or cd that uses or includes bodily harm of any human or human image its function or goal or score."

word of warning: Act also addresses abortion, and a rather graphic depiction of its end result.

Have at it.

KaLourin fucked around with this message on 01-26-2006 at 12:28 AM.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 01-26-2006 12:33:14 AM
Somebody needs the dick slapped out their mouth...

Edit: I figured this quote would be appropriate here.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. LEWIS

El Cuchillo fucked around with this message on 01-26-2006 at 12:34 AM.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-26-2006 12:36:30 AM
That's not an actual bill it looks like, instead it's what he wants to propose if he is elected to congress this year.

Also, that bill is fairly insane. Minimum two hour PE in all texas schools? Mandatory nutrition in schools? All property taxes rescinded? I can't see this getting passed any time soon, although I don't really know texas.

Ryuujin
posted 01-26-2006 01:29:07 AM
Random Computer Game Rated M: $90.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-26-2006 01:31:43 AM
quote:
Ryuujin had this to say about (_|_):
Random Computer Game Rated M: $90.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 01-26-2006 01:53:51 AM
Here is a picture of this man running for governor of Texas. This tax of his is ridiculous. And it will only effect Texas.

Anakha fucked around with this message on 01-26-2006 at 01:54 AM.

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Maradon!
posted 01-26-2006 02:03:14 AM
Hooray for social engineering via taxation!
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-26-2006 02:14:39 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Knight Rider:
Hooray for social engineering via taxation!

It's worked so well for tobacco and alcohol!

Steven Steve
posted 01-26-2006 02:23:29 AM
High school economics!?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mod
Pancake
posted 01-26-2006 02:40:42 AM
This "Athletics Commission" sounds like something out of a Nazi people's health program.

His tax plan is basically shifting the burden of taxation away from property owners over to the poor and lower middle class. In the same vein, his abortion plot would outlaw abortions for most people while still maintaining the important 10.000 USD "interracial baby sullying a decent, wealthy family"-exception.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Demos
Pancake
posted 01-26-2006 02:54:06 AM
quote:
That drunken fuck of a politican stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
[a] This COMMISSION shall levy a 100% of price sales cost tax for the sale on all item listed below:

1 . any video game containing any form of human violence. .

Nice to know the redneck deer-hunting games will be fine! I was really worried for a second there.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 01-26-2006 03:00:34 AM
The reason I'm not concerned? The governor in Texas has no power. He can call a special session or two to ask the Legislature to do something, but they usually just show up to collect their checks and thumb their noses at him. When they're not running for the border to prevent quorum, that is...

And hey, there're enough other crazy people running for governor this time 'round to make it at least interesting.

I'm thinking of voting for Kinky Friedman, whose slogan is, "How hard can it be?"

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Maradon!
posted 01-26-2006 03:04:01 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Big Easy booooze lime pole over bench lick:
The reason I'm not concerned? The governor in Texas has no power. He can call a special session or two to ask the Legislature to do something, but they usually just show up to collect their checks and thumb their noses at him. When they're not running for the border to prevent quorum, that is...

And hey, there're enough other crazy people running for governor this time 'round to make it at least interesting.

I'm thinking of voting for Kinky Friedman, whose slogan is, "How hard can it be?"

Isn't Ted Nugent running for office somewhere?

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-26-2006 09:35:34 AM
Yea, I might be forced to vote in this election just so that I can vote against that dick.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-26-2006 10:11:59 AM
Can you vote twice against him? Please? For me?
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 01-26-2006 10:57:11 AM
Ill rally a friend to vote against him for you blindy.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-26-2006 06:07:22 PM
quote:
Big Easy probably says this to all the girls:

Hey, I think Kinky would make a hell of a governor. Of course, this is coming from a guy living in a city that's elected (twice) a gin-guzzling ex-mob lawyer who, everyone thinks, has done a bang up job as mayor so far.

So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-26-2006 06:53:35 PM
...his name is Star?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Sean
posted 01-26-2006 06:58:18 PM
I have a cousin named Skye.

Belcher.

Skye Belcher. Let that one sink in for a minute.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: