EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A "long time no see" for the people I remember
Khaladin Loire
Pancake
posted 01-24-2006 12:33:31 PM
It's been about 11 months since I've seen some of you guys in WoW. How is everyone doing?

I'm still actively playing WoW (When winter break and summer permits), and I've been server hopping as I run into old friends on different servers. I was on Feathermoon for awhile, then moved onto Greymane when a couple of my friends told me to join up with them ("Boooo" to gold buyers). I'm back on campus now so WoW is on hiatus until summer time, but I figured that it'd be nice to perhaps get back in touch with some of my old friends.

It's nice to play with people you know, but I miss the times that we had on Elune. I talk about my "old guild" back on Elune to everyone I know, to the point that pretty much everyone knows about our exploits.

Ah, I'm rambling now... Leave a message or a way to contact you. It'd be nice to talk with all of you again.

Sean
posted 01-24-2006 12:41:53 PM
Addy's still there. Tal quit.

Rosa and I have largely moved on to Akama.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-24-2006 03:45:48 PM
Hay, Khal! I saw you had stopped by Elune the other day (You're still guilded so your name shows up in the guild "last logged in" thingy).

Basically Cobalt quit Elune and is now on other servers/games now. Talonus, being the grumpy old man that he is, has grown bitter about the entire MMORPG concept.

Addy got a bit uber while I took a break. I came back and got to join the uberguild and do uberstuff for awhile too before I fizzled out and couldn't keep up with the fast-paced world of high end raiding. Addy's busy with all the AQ stuff right now.

I'm now on a "second run" on Akama, currently at level 54, with some good people. Our guild is small and personal, sort of the way Game Over was. We're going to make sure things work out right this time though.

Feel free to stop by Akama Horde and talk to House of Cards.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-24-2006 04:32:50 PM
Khal sir, good to hear from you. Hopefully the exploits you talk about aren't making us look too bad.

quote:
Lashanna had this to say about Captain Planet:
Talonus, being the grumpy old man that he is, has grown bitter about the entire MMORPG concept.

I've been bitter about MMOGs for a long time. I kept playing them because I'm a masochist.

FYI, Addy should own Game Over now. She has my account.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 01-24-2006 04:38:46 PM
Hey Khal Yeah, I quit WoW... played a potpourri of other games... and now I'm just not playing MMOs for a while, doing the college and music thing.

It's good to hear from you. I think my email and/or IM is in my profile, but if not give me a PM.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-24-2006 04:53:10 PM
Oh. Hi.
Skaw
posted 01-24-2006 06:23:37 PM
Moral of the story: Don't play MMOs with ECers
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-24-2006 06:29:22 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Skaw!

Actually we had a lot of fun and met our purposes. At level 60, our purposes diverged (Talonus and Cobalt were more or less done, Khaladin's RL picked back up). Addy and I continued to play and enjoy high end content in the server's leading guild. I played until I 'finished'.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-24-2006 06:43:43 PM
quote:
From the book of Skaw, chapter 3, verse 16:

Ha. Playing on Zul'Jin with the ECer bunch there was freakin' awesome. Vorago, Teg, and Flea were some of the more interesting people I've bumped into in WoW. Note, not hatin' on anyone else on Zul'Jin that is from EC, but more that likely, I didn't play with you. Like, Delid for example.

After the massive drama that happened in Dawn of the Dead, I didn't really feel like playing on Zul'Jin anymore, and I really wasn't anyway.

Most of the other ECers are still on the server though.

Talonus
Loner
posted 01-24-2006 06:46:53 PM
quote:
Skaw thought about the meaning of life:

We were a guild of a handful of ECers went on to be one of the more respected guilds on the server, even among the uberguilders, before it merged into one of several larger and more uber guilds so that we (well, people other than me since I hated MC) could raid the endgame. That turned out to be a mistake but, quite frankly, in general it was about as good as any small group of friends could do in a MMO. Folks went their seperate ways for personal reasons, most of them time-related, and parted amicably. I'm missing what the issue is here.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-24-2006 07:03:46 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Skaw said this:

The only problem with playing MMORPG's with ECers is that it is inevitable that people like Khyron and Delphi will want to join in and all the chat becomes a dick waving contest.

I'm having more fun than I've had playing any game since Velious playing with Rosa, Sean, Ferret, and the random people who pop in and make newbies.

Khaladin Loire
Pancake
posted 01-24-2006 11:33:38 PM
Hmmm. I did a little bit of sleuthing to figure out what happened to some of you guys after I left, so I'm not too surprised with the responses. It's a little sad to see that the old guild pretty much disbanded, but I can see why that was the case.

Anyway, I won't be playing actively until the summer... but two of my good friends and I were thinking of starting fresh (This will be my 4th time, but I love playing with people I know and starting a new "legacy" of sorts) in a different server. Naturally, we won't be doing this until May or so... but I've been thinking about where to go. Initially, I was going to do spend a couple of days hopping around server forums and maybe making a few low level characters to test out the waters. I'm into research and all that, you know.

...But you know, I'd love to meet up with some of my old friends again. And maybe if they're willing, we could start up our own static group from the ground up? Just thinking about the fond times I've had with these sort of gigs, it'd be great fun.

Akama sounds tempting, since there seems to be a few people there that I know. Licinia and crew would be great to hang out with again, kind of like the old times... only in a different setting. I don't think I could really go back to Elune... an old path that I've already walked, you know?

Just rambling as usual, but it'd be nice to see some of you again in-game. I've missed you all.

Addy
posted 01-25-2006 01:35:47 AM
Hello, nice to hear from you again.

Yes, I still play on Elune, as does Falaanla. I've turned a bit "uber" as some others have stated, I'm just glad it's not as time consuming as it would have been in EQ.

Akama is a blooming server that you could definitely check out when summertime arrives, but there will definitely be a bunch of new servers by then. I highly recommend pvp, though. It just feels like the game is meant to be played that way. (For awhile I messed around on Maelstrom, an RPPvP server. Fun times.)

As for starting over... I honestly couldn't, I've invested far too much time on my current server, plus I just have a hard time leveling up new characters period. I've always been like that as you may know. However, we'll see what happens when the expansion comes out. I've been thinking of leveling up a blood elf priest. Healing is fun.

Elune is a horrible server to return to, it's far too unbalanced and the community can be a bit lacking. And, as you stated, it's an old path you've already walked.

You have my contact info if you want to stay in touch. Email or PMs.

Ryuujin
posted 01-25-2006 02:26:34 AM
I play on Elune. I am a druid.

'Nuff said.

Suddar
posted 01-25-2006 02:43:24 AM
I play on Elune. I am a priest. I AM BETTER THAN YOUR DRUID
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-25-2006 02:47:28 AM
I play on Elune as a paladin. Blame Bajah.

The generosity of a family member will allow me to play for at least 3 more months, so I may look into joining one of those guild thingys.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: