EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Need a good 4 player co-op game
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 01-21-2006 04:34:19 PM
Any suggestions?
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-21-2006 04:37:46 PM
Any of the Serious Sam games.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 01-21-2006 04:38:02 PM
Platform?
Mod
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 04:41:36 PM
X-Men Legends.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-21-2006 05:01:27 PM
quote:
How.... Mod.... uughhhhhh:
X-Men Legends.

Seconded.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 05:09:50 PM
Aside from what has already been stated, X Men Legends, I say go with Smash Brothers or any game starting with the word Gauntlet. I've been having tons of fun on the new one with a friend of mine.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 01-21-2006 05:10:16 PM
XboX
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 01-21-2006 05:27:01 PM
What JooJoo said about Serious Sam is good. Don't know of any other 4-player co-op things off the top of my head. Not even sure if Sam is 4-player co-op.
Sean
posted 01-21-2006 07:07:48 PM
Sam's 32 player co-op.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 07:32:33 PM
A game that's fun for a little while is Brute force. It's a 4 person co-op, and really cheap, you could probably find it for like 10 bucks, if not less.

X-Men Legends 1 & 2 are great games for Co-op, especially when you get some really dumb moments. "everyone follow iceman!" as he jumps off a cliff.

I haven't heard much about the new gauntlet game, but I liked the series as a whole, so you could try that.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-21-2006 08:07:46 PM
WoW
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 01-21-2006 08:40:04 PM
The Rainbow Six and Ghost recon games are good fun.I know they are 2 player co-op and 4 co-op online.
SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Mr. Gains
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 10:57:50 PM
MAME X-Men
^__^
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-22-2006 03:31:16 AM
quote:
Mr. Gains wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

MAME X-Men
MAME Dungeons & Dragons (Tower of Doom or Shadows over Mystara)
MAME Sunset Riders

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-22-2006 03:33:48 AM
Sunset Riders was great if you didn't get stuck with player 2: the violet cowboy.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 01-22-2006 09:52:03 AM
quote:
Ctrl-Alt-Del had this to say about (_|_):
I haven't heard much about the new gauntlet game, but I liked the series as a whole, so you could try that.

Seven Sorrows is great co-op, if you ignore the fact that it's supposed to be Gauntlet. Generators are still in, and the heroes are the same, but they gimped the ranged attacks in favour of a LoTR-style combo system. The combat is sweet, don't get me wrong... It's just not Gauntlet.

A bit of a warning: The character advancement system is pretty barebones. On level-up, you get a stat point that you can put into one of three stats: Damage, health, or mana regen. You can also buy new combos at the end of each stage, and at 200 gold each (500 for the better ones) you won't have much trouble getting every single combo. The equipment system is almost nonexistent. Instead of finding new eapons and pieces of armour with different stats, you just level-up your weapons and armour. They get a different look, better armour reduces damage more, better weapons deal more damage.

If you just want to jump in and kill shit, though, Seven Sorrows is definitely the game for you.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 01-22-2006 12:53:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys-- I went with X-men Legends 2 and it was a huge hit. Plenty of "ROFL WTF" moments were had.
Steven Steve
posted 01-22-2006 02:06:11 PM
Watch out for the ragin' Cajun!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mr. Gains
Pancake
posted 01-23-2006 01:58:23 AM
quote:
Sakkra painfully thought these words up:
[QB][/QB]

MAME Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
MAME TMNT: Turtles in Time
MAME Simpsons

Also, if you get two people playing Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers for NES, the other 2 can just laugh at the two playing when one throws the other one into a robot dog. Good times will be had by all.

(experienced this today)

Mr. Gains fucked around with this message on 01-23-2006 at 01:59 AM.

^__^
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 01-23-2006 04:32:50 PM
quote:
Mr. Gains's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

Also, if you get two people playing Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers for NES, the other 2 can just laugh at the two playing when one throws the other one into a robot dog. Good times will be had by all.

So kinda like Gunstar Heroes for Sega?

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-23-2006 09:58:04 PM
quote:
Manticore, alone in the world and surrounded by danger on every turn, still managed to type this:
So kinda like Gunstar Heroes for Sega?

Good times.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 01-24-2006 09:55:41 PM
quote:
Mr. Gains had this to say about John Romero:
MAME Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
MAME TMNT: Turtles in Time
MAME Simpsons

(experienced this today)

I wasted MONTHS with a few friends of mine playing TMNT: Turtles in Time on the SNES when I was a kid.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: