EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Silent Hill Theatrical Trailer
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 01-19-2006 08:13:53 PM
Here.

Looks like they're doing a pretty damn good job with it.

-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-19-2006 09:01:30 PM
Looks promising, Im guessing its going to be based off the first game. Though, I wouldnt mind seeing some pyramid heads in there.
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 01-19-2006 09:21:07 PM
Looks awesome! The games always scare the crap outa me, I hope the movie is as awesome as the games are! I'll be looking forward to this.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-19-2006 10:15:10 PM
I bet it looks good, but the trailer quality is just awful.
Sean
posted 01-19-2006 10:52:38 PM
Trailer quality looked pretty good to me.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-19-2006 10:57:06 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when -postroliphophus- wrote:
Looks promising, Im guessing its going to be based off the first game. Though, I wouldnt mind seeing some pyramid heads in there.

He was in there for a second towards the end.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-19-2006 11:02:12 PM
Yeah, you see the front lower edge of the triangle on his head.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-19-2006 11:05:48 PM
I have not played a SH game since the first. That one was horrible, and gave me nightmares for weeks Watching just the trailer was freaking me out enough as it is! hehe

*pounce kat*

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-19-2006 11:06:06 PM
Holy shit.

No, really. Holy shit.

I can't believe they slipped in the old opening music there at the end.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-19-2006 11:06:54 PM
<tail-hugs Led> I got to get around to renting SH4 again and finishing it up. It was freaky being confined to an apartment for most of the game.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-19-2006 11:09:34 PM
quote:
Led got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I have not played a SH game since the first. That one was horrible, and gave me nightmares for weeks Watching just the trailer was freaking me out enough as it is! hehe

You should at least play SH2. You need to have the sound of Pyramid Head's knife scraping against the ground as he drags it burned into your memory.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-19-2006 11:11:56 PM
Screw that, I still have the cackling noise the girl in the Grudge makes burned in NO ROOM FOR MORE BURNINGS OF SCARYTHINGS!#% *hides in Kats tails*
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-19-2006 11:12:39 PM
Whoopsie, I accidentally clicked on a vote! :x
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-19-2006 11:29:37 PM
I'm curious why they went with the woman instead of Harry if they're basing it off of SH1. I greatly hope it's for something more significant than the cliched "Mommy will save you! Nothing is stronger than mother's love!" crap, but I'm jaded to the point where I'm guessing that's about it...
Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 01-19-2006 11:54:29 PM
Looks delightfully scarey
Arttemis
posted 01-20-2006 12:25:10 AM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe wrote this stupid crap:
Holy shit.

No, really. Holy shit.

I can't believe they slipped in the old opening music there at the end.

I'm getting psyched, too.

I'm almost considering going back and playing SH1 again... or if not that, at least going and finding the ones I never played.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-20-2006 12:32:56 AM
quote:
Arttemis had this to say about dark elf butts:
I'm getting psyched, too.

I'm almost considering going back and playing SH1 again... or if not that, at least going and finding the ones I never played.

Which ones haven't you played? Whichever they are, save SH4 for last if you play it at all. While it nails atmosphere better than probably any of the games in the series it just isn't very enjoyable gameplay-wise.

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 01-20-2006 04:06:17 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
You should at least play SH2. You need to have the sound of Pyramid Head's knife scraping against the ground as he drags it burned into your memory.

the most memorable parts for me were:

The Tv, in the first apartment, first it was off, then on, then it was covered in blood and there was a corpse in the lounger.

When you first get a flash light and the mannequin starts kicking around everywhere.

Hiding in the closet watching pyramid head eating a mannequin out of the sink then almost breaking in.

And finally in the freezer with that gun wielding, fat, crazy guy. That character just left me with chills."

I played 4 in a room of like 11-12 people. Even knowing that a ghost may be around freaked some people into screaming out.

DrPaintThinner fucked around with this message on 01-20-2006 at 04:07 AM.

Arttemis
posted 01-20-2006 09:55:19 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Which ones haven't you played? Whichever they are, save SH4 for last if you play it at all. While it nails atmosphere better than probably any of the games in the series it just isn't very enjoyable gameplay-wise.

I've only played the original.

EDIT: Another trailer (much shorter) is here. Also a higher quality version of the first one here. Both are quicktime format.

Arttemis fucked around with this message on 01-20-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-20-2006 12:51:05 PM
quote:
DrPaintThinner had this to say about Punky Brewster:
the most memorable parts for me were:

The Tv, in the first apartment, first it was off, then on, then it was covered in blood and there was a corpse in the lounger.

When you first get a flash light and the mannequin starts kicking around everywhere.

Hiding in the closet watching pyramid head eating a mannequin out of the sink then almost breaking in.

And finally in the freezer with that gun wielding, fat, crazy guy. That character just left me with chills."

I played 4 in a room of like 11-12 people. Even knowing that a ghost may be around freaked some people into screaming out.

You forgot the hallway chase scene with Pyramid Head in the hospital and watching the video in the hotel

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-20-2006 12:55:49 PM
quote:
DrPaintThinner had this to say about the Spice Girls:

Who, Shrek? He's not scary at all.

-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-20-2006 01:14:29 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Arttemis stammered:
I've only played the original.

EDIT: Another trailer (much shorter) is here. Also a higher quality version of the first one here. Both are quicktime format.

Couple of things I noticed with the clearer and new trailers.....

1. Sean Bean is playing the leading male and after thinking about it, its a pretty good fit.
2. Saw the pyramid head that I couldnt see in the other one.
3. Noticed how the camera angles that are being used are identicle to the ones used in the game.
4. I need to change my shorts.

-postroliphophus- fucked around with this message on 01-20-2006 at 02:08 PM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-20-2006 05:17:18 PM
I just got back from seeing Underworld Evolution and the SH trailer was in the previews along with a trailer for Stay Alive, which looks like it'll either be great or total shit.
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 01-20-2006 05:28:03 PM
quote:
Sakkra stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
You forgot the hallway chase scene with Pyramid Head in the hospital and watching the video in the hotel

Oh god the hospital. Oh god why.

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 01-20-2006 05:49:33 PM
Wonder if they have clips of these scary scenes anywhere so I could see why they freak you guys out so much without having to get the games.
"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 01-20-2006 08:08:57 PM
When I heard the radio crackling in the beginning there, my skin started to crawl. I swear, every single time in SH 2 when that started I was always afraid they were going to dart out from underneath a car and start chomping on me.

So far, the trailer looks incredibly promising, and with no Uwe Bole in sight it makes it that much more interesting.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-20-2006 11:59:52 PM
quote:
ArchAngel had this to say about pies:
Wonder if they have clips of these scary scenes anywhere so I could see why they freak you guys out so much without having to get the games.

It really wouldnt have the same effect as playing the game and being suprised by these images. I suggest get SH2, its only like a 15 hour game anyway.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 12:27:05 AM
quote:
ArchAngel had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Picture this:

The entire world is covered by darkness. You have a tiny bubble of illumination around you, courtesy of your flashlight, which gives you a glimpse of the rusted-metal, blood-coated hell in which you are currently trapped.

As you creep forward, the oppressive silence is broken by a strange crackling on your pocket radio. Somewhere in the blackness ahead--or behind, maybe to the sides--is a demonic monstrosity shambling towards you. You stop, ready your gun, walk slowly on. The radio's crackling grows more urgent; in the distance, you can hear the gutteral chatter of a demon.

You recognize the sound; it's a kind you've seen before. It's short, almost like an infant, but lacking skin, hair, or eyes. In its small, sickly grey hand it holds a rusted knife with which it tried to hamstring you before stabbing you to death.

You shoot blindly, praying you can kill it before it reaches you.

Incredibly, you do. You faintly hear the impact of your bullets, clearly hear a dying moan from the abomination and its impact on the ground.

But your radio is still crackling. Louder.

You hear a strange, infantile coo behind you. You wheel around just in time to see three of the small demons stumbling towards you, wildly hacking the air with their knives.

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 01-21-2006 at 12:32 AM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-21-2006 03:42:11 AM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe had this to say about dark elf butts:
Picture this:

The entire world is covered by darkness. You have a tiny bubble of illumination around you, courtesy of your flashlight, which gives you a glimpse of the rusted-metal, blood-coated hell in which you are currently trapped.

As you creep forward, the oppressive silence is broken by a strange crackling on your pocket radio. Somewhere in the blackness ahead--or behind, maybe to the sides--is a demonic monstrosity shambling towards you. You stop, ready your gun, walk slowly on. The radio's crackling grows more urgent; in the distance, you can hear the gutteral chatter of a demon.

You recognize the sound; it's a kind you've seen before. It's short, almost like an infant, but lacking skin, hair, or eyes. In its small, sickly grey hand it holds a rusted knife with which it tried to hamstring you before stabbing you to death.

You shoot blindly, praying you can kill it before it reaches you.

Incredibly, you do. You faintly hear the impact of your bullets, clearly hear a dying moan from the abomination and its impact on the ground.

But your radio is still crackling. Louder.

You hear a strange, infantile coo behind you. You wheel around just in time to see three of the small demons stumbling towards you, wildly hacking the air with their knives.

*Has flashbacks of SH1 hard mode, then curls into the fetal position and begins gibbering incoherently*

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-21-2006 10:22:24 AM
I never played any of the SH games (due to me not owning a console) but I've seen someone play bits of it and it looked alright. Will probably watch the movie. Looks like a decent horror flick even if you haven't played the games.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 01-21-2006 at 10:27 AM.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 01-21-2006 10:46:18 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Sakkra said this:
I'm curious why they went with the woman instead of Harry if they're basing it off of SH1.

my thoughts exactly. That aside, i'm still likely to go see it anyway

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 04:51:58 PM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Tron:
I'm curious why they went with the woman instead of Harry if they're basing it off of SH1. I greatly hope it's for something more significant than the cliched "Mommy will save you! Nothing is stronger than mother's love!" crap, but I'm jaded to the point where I'm guessing that's about it...

The more I think about it, they could do this as sort of a prequal to SH1. Then the sequal can be SH1 where Sean Bean is the main character trolling through the town looking for Cheryl.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-21-2006 09:18:59 PM
I've never played a Silent Hill game, ever, that I can recall.(I do remember renting a game maybe a year ago who's story involved going to some small mountain side town that was abandoned because the character's wife sent him a letter with a return address from there... ten years after she had died, but I only had time to play it for like ten minutes. I think it may have been one of the later Silent Hills)

I'm in the mood to find a game that will scare me shitless, much the way that the Haunted Hotel mission in Vampire was the most frightening thirty minutes of my life. Which SH game is the best?

-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 09:29:08 PM
quote:
Snoota was listening to Cher while typing:

I'm in the mood to find a game that will scare me shitless, much the way that the Haunted Hotel mission in Vampire was the most frightening thirty minutes of my life. Which SH game is the best?

If you dont really care about the story and are going for scare factor alone, its SH2.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-21-2006 10:34:21 PM
quote:
Snoota probably says this to all the girls:

Probably the first, but if it's not readily available go ahead and skip to the 3rd. The 2nd is good if you like a constant atmosphere of dread and creepiness with fewer "boo" scares. The 4th is such a pain in the ass it detracts from the scariness, which is a shame because it probably has the best atmosphere of all the games.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 01-21-2006 11:32:50 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Robocop:
Which SH game is the best?

My personal favourite is SH2, because it's a great standalone story that you can appreciate even if you don't know the underlaying mythos of the town that's covered in 1 and 3. It also has the best atmosphere in my honest opinion.

The scariest one is definately SH3, but it also plays heavily upon the storyline established in SH1, taking the mythos of the town even further.

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 01-22-2006 06:41:26 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
*snip* that the Haunted Hotel mission in Vampire was the most frightening thirty minutes of my life. *snip

That mission scared the hell out of me too (though that first part, getting stuff randomly thrown at my head annoyed me more than it scared me)... did you think you'd find body parts in the dryer, after reading the paper, like I did too?

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Maradon!
posted 01-22-2006 03:02:30 PM
quote:
ArchAngeling:
That mission scared the hell out of me too (though that first part, getting stuff randomly thrown at my head annoyed me more than it scared me)... did you think you'd find body parts in the dryer, after reading the paper, like I did too?

That wasn't bad, but it was short. The Cradle in Thief 3 was a better scary stage because it had an actual backstory.

System Shock 2 is still worth playing to this day.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: