EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: IE "busy" icon
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 01-18-2006 07:48:15 AM
So yeah, this most recent time when I had Comcast installed at my apartment, the damn guy put some kinda Comcast software on my machine. It changed the little 'busy' icon in IE to a Comcast logo, and uninstalling didn't change it back. Anybody know how I go about fixing it? I hardly use IE but this kind of crap bothers me.
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 01-18-2006 11:01:44 AM
Could try going into the Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers Tab and seeing if you can reset to the default pointer settings under schemes.
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 01-18-2006 12:25:08 PM
Get TweakUI from Microsoft.

Run it and expand the Internet Explorer section. Click on Small Animation and Large Animation to reset everything.

-H

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-18-2006 12:29:36 PM
Note to everyone: Don't let wireline techs touch your computers. have them install the hardware, then get the fuck out.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-18-2006 12:41:30 PM
^^^ Bajah knows what he's talking about. There is no need (Unless we're talking AOL) for you to install any software of any kind to access an ADSL or Cable modem internet service.
Sean
posted 01-18-2006 12:46:41 PM
Even if they try to push some sort of free installation deal on you, kick the fucker out once he runs the line and puts power to the modem.

Especially since you're gonna have to unplug it all and hook up your router anyways.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 01-18-2006 06:05:03 PM
Yeah, in the future I'm going to do just that. I forgot about TweakUI, thanks.
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: