EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: An Update on Achievement
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-17-2006 10:05:58 PM
Just saw this in an EQ2 thread. Looks like my released more info. Will be digging to see what I can get.

quote:
"What are Achievements?"
"The Achievements system provides a new way to improve your character's powers and customize your arsenal of abilities. Earn new powers by completing quests, defeating notorious enemies, acquiring rare treasure, and exploring dangerous places. These accomplishments earn points that allow you to choose new powers and specialties to set your character apart from the crowd.

Warriors may advance their training with a weapon of their choice, learning new combat abilities and customizing their fighting style. Mages can gain greater control of their arcane abilities, allowing them to adjust how they cast their spells to suit their preference. These decisions are important; no one will be able to learn all of the specialties and must instead choose their own path to power. Don't worry, though, because making the wrong choice when specializing in Achievements does not have to be permanent.

The Achievements system will be available to characters level 20 and higher who own the Kingdom of Sky expansion."

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 01-17-2006 at 10:06 PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-17-2006 10:09:38 PM
SOE
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-17-2006 10:16:07 PM
Why dig more into it? It sounds like master levels from DAoC. Simple concept and result.

Makes me wonder if EQ2's new expansion will be like ToA for DAoC. Ah, I actually had hopes SOE could actually bring in customers with the expansion rather than turn them away. Guess not!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-17-2006 10:23:38 PM
Lyinar no play DAoC so you'll have to explain

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Talonus
Loner
posted 01-17-2006 10:27:55 PM
quote:
This one time, at Lyinar Ka`Bael camp:
Lyinar no play DAoC so you'll have to explain

You do quests and such, you can train in master levels. You train in master levels, you get abilities. You follow specific lines for each class to get specific abilities. Similar as above more or less.

Peter
Pancake
posted 01-17-2006 11:20:14 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Knight Rider:
You do quests and such, you can train in master levels. You train in master levels, you get abilities. You follow specific lines for each class to get specific abilities. Similar as above more or less.

Like I thought that crap they put in from ToA like borked the game up big time? Personally I stoped playing shortly after ToA thanks to the Nerf Nuke 'zerkers seemed to get hit with, was such a PIA play.

Malbi
posted 01-17-2006 11:26:02 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Peter said this:
Like I thought that crap they put in from ToA like borked the game up big time? Personally I stoped playing shortly after ToA thanks to the Nerf Nuke 'zerkers seemed to get hit with, was such a PIA play.

speak english!

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Peter
Pancake
posted 01-17-2006 11:39:16 PM
quote:
Malbi's fortune cookie read:
speak english!

Trials of Atlantis

Nerfed to the point of breaking the class-I could go through one chain of styles and be down half my endurance and not made a good dent into an even con mob.

Pain In the Ass

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-18-2006 02:32:21 AM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Pirotess:
Why dig more into it? It sounds like master levels from DAoC. Simple concept and result.

Makes me wonder if EQ2's new expansion will be like ToA for DAoC. Ah, I actually had hopes SOE could actually bring in customers with the expansion rather than turn them away. Guess not!

There's two descriptions for Achievements. 1 is listed under the FAQ on the Kingdom of Sky site. The other is listed here: pow.

It isn't nearly the same as ToA, since it's going to cover a larger portion of the game instead of just being some extremely high level quests at the end.

Also, I wonder if Achievement exp will get a boost by stuff you've already explored and levels you've already gained.

Malbi
posted 01-18-2006 12:30:07 PM
quote:
Peter enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Trials of Atlantis

Nerfed to the point of breaking the class-I could go through one chain of styles and be down half my endurance and not made a good dent into an even con mob.

Pain In the Ass

Thank you, that makes your post much more sensical to me and I greatly appreciate it.

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 01-18-2006 02:32:49 PM
So, AAs with a cap that start at level 20. Pretty much what I expected.

I'm just glad they mentioned they are going to have respecing from the start.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: