EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Ringer
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-17-2006 01:22:08 PM
Is this movie worth paying money to see? I feel like seeing a movie today but I don't know what. I wanted to see Bloodrayne because I'm feeling a bit masochistic but it's not playing at any convenient time.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Chugga
Pancake
posted 01-17-2006 01:27:31 PM
Pretty not funny, maybe it's better with the theatre effect.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-17-2006 01:32:05 PM
It was an okay movie. Funny at times but not a laugh riot or anything.

Edit: I forget words.

Azymyth fucked around with this message on 01-17-2006 at 01:32 PM.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-17-2006 01:38:09 PM
quote:
So quoth JooJooFlop:
Is this movie worth paying money to see? I feel like seeing a movie today but I don't know what. I wanted to see Bloodrayne because I'm feeling a bit masochistic but it's not playing at any convenient time.

When you give Uwe Boll your money, it just encourages people to let him make more movies.

And that is the most terrible crime of them all

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-17-2006 01:43:31 PM
quote:
Vorago's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
When you give Uwe Boll your money, it just encourages people to let him make more movies.

And that is the most terrible crime of them all

I can't help it, I feel bad for him after the disasterous distribution blunder of his movie.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-17-2006 01:49:15 PM
Isn't there some sort of love scene in Bloodrayne?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-17-2006 01:58:32 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Isn't there some sort of love scene in Bloodrayne?

As I understand it the most annoying one in history, she has one hand on the handle of a door while being banged and the back and forth motion of being banged causes the door to open and slam shut over and over and over

I would see this in theaters for hilarity... but then I would be giving Uwe Boll money, that cannot happen

-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-17-2006 02:10:46 PM
Actually, what allowed Uwe Boll to make so much money on such horrible films was this flaw in the German tax code. Because of that, he made millions off of movies that didnt even do average. The tax code has since been lifted so Uwe's gonna actually have to make a high quality film with an actual budget now. Will he ever do that? Probably not, from what Ive seen hes a pretty shitty director, but there are some out there who actually think that his work is good.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-17-2006 02:12:54 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Robocop:
As I understand it the most annoying one in history, she has one hand on the handle of a door while being banged and the back and forth motion of being banged causes the door to open and slam shut over and over and over

I would see this in theaters for hilarity... but then I would be giving Uwe Boll money, that cannot happen

What's really bad is, he is snagging up the rights to all these games, that to be quite honest have good enough stories to make really kick ass movies, and then he ruins them. Leaving the game forever tainted, and unable to be picked up by anyone else who could actually make a decent go of it.

BloodRayne is actually a good example. Done right, ala Underworld, it coulda kicked ass. But now, since he has done it and has the rights to it, no one good can come along and make it. At least not for a long time, and even then its likely no one ever will because the memories will remain!

Kinda like I wouldn't pay $10 to see Fantastic Four because of the memories of past horrors. (Although after catching it on DVD I do no regret this decision as it didn't let me down in that regard! XD).

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mayor of Townsville
Pancake
posted 01-17-2006 07:53:04 PM
I did like one commercial for The Ringer I saw on FOX. Basically, it was Seth MacFarlene of Family Guy with the creator of the movie. It went something like this:

Seth MacFarlene: Hey, I'm Seth MacFarlene, creator of half of FOX's programming. I'm here with my friend, who has made a new movie called The Ringer, and I'm encouraging you all to see it. (Person's name), what is this movie about?

Person: Well, basically, it's about a guy who rigs the special olympics.

Seth MacFarlene: ...how do you sleep at night?

The city of Townsville... is entirely mine!
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 01-17-2006 08:34:52 PM
I've been told it's a good movie to see if you have something against retarded people, and you enjoy laughing at their misfortunes.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: